Mortal Kombat Dou

mk2 prince

I wish Mk2 could be remade with a bunch of new chracters with same graphics ingine and same play style. A few new feamale fighters and then some!

If the did that, why not use the graphics of MK3, but the fighting engine of MK2? That would be the best set up imo

what's the difference between the fighting engines of mk2 and 3? apart from the run button?

Goraka said:
what's the difference between the fighting engines of mk2 and 3? apart from the run button?

The run button, the combo system, the speed, the A.I. ... quite a bit was different. The feel of the game overall was very different.

mk2 mk3

Goraka said:

the fighting engines are different, the kicks and and upercuts seem different mk3 had more effective upcuts and the hks where best in mk2 especialy the ninjas roundhouse.

Re: mk2 vs mk3

mk2 prince said:
Goraka said:

<mK 2 looked way better and more detailed

Please edit your previous post instead of creating an entirely new post. To edit your post, click the edit button right of your previous post.

Why would they do this? I mean MK2 is already going down in history as not only one of the greatest MK games, but one of the greatest fighting games. Adding new characters? That would so take away from the game, combining MK2 with MK3? That would bring MK2 down because MK3 sucked. Now, I would love to see them redo the first three games, except keeping the basic things the same, have a 3-D arena, but not multiple fighting styles, no extra moves or fatalities, and MAYBE expanding the endings some, that could be pretty cool, as far as redoing it and adding more characters to MK2? Well that's what MK3 was for, and MK4, and 5, and 6, no point in going back to better the best game, nor any sense in going back to better the worst game.

Why remake MK2 gameplay with updated graphics when you could do UMK3 gameplay with updated graphics? MK2 was simplistic, slow, and boring. Its gameplay had an unfinished feel to it and it favored turtling in the corner. Overall, it was a yawn fest.

UMK3 had the best gameplay of any MK game. It had run, a refined combo system, damage protection, better move disabling, and more characters were useable at high level play.

DreemerNJ said:
MK2 was simplistic, slow, and boring. Its gameplay had an unfinished feel to it and it favored turtling in the corner. Overall, it was a yawn fest.

Stone the blasphemer!

DeathcoreRyknow said:
DreemerNJ said:
MK2 was simplistic, slow, and boring. Its gameplay had an unfinished feel to it and it favored turtling in the corner. Overall, it was a yawn fest.

Stone the blasphemer!

LoL, sorry, I can't help but say it. It's so obvious...

Glad to see there's a couple people on this site with a sarcastic sense of humor about MK2.

I'll take it one step further though.

UMK3 is far and beyond the best MK game pound for pound {I like that term}, ever made in terms of gameplay.

Re: mk2 mk3

juergen said:
mk2 prince said:
Goraka said:

the fighting engines are different, the kicks and and upercuts seem different mk3 had more effective upcuts and the hks where best in mk2 especialy the ninjas roundhouse.

sweeps were faster in MK2 than any other MK game..

Baraka in Rev 1.1 and 1.4 was cheap as hell with his blade spark. He had no recovery time after a blade spark.

Also, if there ever was an MK2 tourney, I would win ;)

Wow, you're so stupid, that I can't say anything else