MKXL Trophies/Achievements?

white_ninja

Sorry if this was already asked but will MKXL have new trophies? I sold my MKX copy but right now I am thinking about a MKXL copy because I still want to play MKX. Because I nearly reached Platin, I'd like to continue them. But what if MKXL is all new and one has to start from the beginning? Thank you!

I don't think there is going to be any new trophies. MK9 komplete edition didn't. And i also sold my regular MK9 copy and bought KE and haven't lost my trophies.

Yes it was said in the Kombat Kast. It most likely will be doing all of the stage fatalities and just performing the first one. They may be one for using all of the costumes too. I know they said that they are one for doing only a four hit combo in the game. I don't know if it was just a joke towards Tyler or not.

Just registered to post the trophies for you guys. They are listed under PSN and are all bronze.

Where It All Started
Perform the Pit Stage Fatality with Leatherface in the Klassic Tower

The Kraken
Perform the Kove Stage Fatality with Triborg in the Klassic Tower

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Still Alive
Perform a Stage Brutality with Alien in the Klassic Tower

Lands-Down
Don't perform a Kombo over 4 hits with Bo' Rai Cho and win a complete Online Ranked 1v1 match

Fox Finish
Win the match with your opponent stepping on Caltrops

Dance The Night Away
Flip Stance 10 times with a Kombat Pack 2 character during a Fatality sequence in an Online match

Throwback
Perform a Klassic Fatality with a Klassic skin

Getting Tipsy
Perform Bo' Rai Cho's Drinking special 10 times during a match in the Klassic Tower

Hug It Out
Throw 5 Face Huggers during a match with Alien in the Klassic Tower

The Grinder
Win a match after connecting all attacks from Leatherface's Berserker Stance in the Klassic Tower

Robots Rule
Win 5 complete matches with each Robot Type

Going the Distance
Complete the Klassic Tower with one of the Kombat Pack 2 characters

All I Do Is Win
Jump back and forth over your opponent 5 times during the Fatality sequence and perform a Fatality

Lands-Down is going to be just jump in uppercuts for me otherwise Ill accidentally do a 5 hit combo.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Tyler has to be kind of embarrassed that they are a low combo trophy achievement named after him. Even though it is spelled differently but he knows it is about him dropping combos. I actually feel bad for this dude right now. I am on Team Tyler by the way.

Why the hell are they making it so you need to buy DLC characters to unlock certain achievements? :C

Let me clarify this: I obviously don't mean you get the MKXL add-on for free, I mean that the game itself is upgraded to what they are calling MKXL (which is what it says on loading screens, etc.) with the new netcode, The Pit, balance changes, new stage fatalities, etc.

It stands to reason that the new achievements/trophies will be available to everyone, so it would be a shame for some people (non DLC-buyers) to be excluded from some of those.

Wait, really?
I'm dangerously close to Platinuming MKX, and I was hoping for it to be 100%. (Currently 82%)
But MKXL trophies went in and now it's at 62%
Will I have to buy MKXL, or will I just have to buy KP2, to get the trophies? Or is this not yet known information?

Let me clarify this: I obviously don't mean you get the MKXL add-on for free, I mean that the game itself is upgraded to what they are calling MKXL (which is what it says on loading screens, etc.) with the new netcode, The Pit, balance changes, new stage fatalities, etc.

It stands to reason that the new achievements/trophies will be available to everyone, so it would be a shame for some people (non DLC-buyers) to be excluded from some of those.
That's a dick move to tie trophies to DLC. Good thing I already got Platinum in Stock MKX.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

MKXL trophies are strange and boring, just tied to KP2 fighters. Well, since I sold my MKX copy but want to play MKX again I will buy MKXL. Otherwise I wouldn't.

Last edited:
That's a dick move to tie trophies to DLC. Good thing I already got Platinum in Stock MKX.

You got the Platinum for MKX, not MKXL.
MKX updated to MKXL last night (around 4am), and if you don't have all 4 KP2 characters then you can't get all the Trophies.
Some of the Trophies are tied directly to the DLC characters, which is horse-shit.
My Trophy percentage went down when MKX updated to MKXL.
Paying for Trophies is just as bad (if not worse) as the whole "pay to win" developer mentality.

Throwback
Perform a Klassic Fatality with a Klassic skin

I did this one this morning, since it was the easiest one to do and none of the DLC characters are available.

EDIT:

I'm getting an eerie feeling that the KP2 characters won't be available to buy separately.
This whole tying KP2 DLC characters to trophies / achievements reeks of a big "F*** you. Buy all 4 or don't buy any."

Last edited:
Wait, really?
I'm dangerously close to Platinuming MKX, and I was hoping for it to be 100%. (Currently 82%)
But MKXL trophies went in and now it's at 62%
Will I have to buy MKXL, or will I just have to buy KP2, to get the trophies? Or is this not yet known information?

I got the platinum trophy a week after release. My very first platinum ever... and will probably be my last. haha

I doubt you need the new XL trophies to get Platinum, but that's for someone else to confirm. I know I still have my Platinum from MKX. In fact, I have 5 Platinums under my belt.

I doubt you need the new XL trophies to get Platinum, but that's for someone else to confirm. I know I still have my Platinum from MKX. In fact, I have 5 Platinums under my belt.

I only have 2 platinums, but I don't mean to get the MKX Plat do I need them, I mean do I need the entire game again.
I want to have "100%" on MKX. Do I need MKXL the full game to get the trophies or just KP2? Cause if I just need KP2 I'll just buy that, but if I need to re-buy MKX as MKXL, I'll just kiss the extra trophies goodbye.