Review of Dragon Fighter (8-bit Mortal Kombat crossover game)

I kinda have been waiting for this since I discovered The Kombat Pavillion around... 2004 maybe?

As you said the graphics are really good. I specially liked how well Mortal Kombat characters looked on this, since most pirate MK games fail in that aspect. I got surprised on how detailed the win pose animations are, and how litte sprite flickering you get in the game. You can see how much work went in the game. The thunder effect on Raiden's stage was a nice touch, but I wonder why didn't they use Mortal Kombat backgrounds? Is a shame the AI is so cheap, because the game seems really solid besides that.

I really enjoyed your review, and hope you do more videos like that! See you!

I kinda have been waiting for this since I discovered The Kombat Pavillion around... 2004 maybe?

As you said the graphics are really good. I specially liked how well Mortal Kombat characters looked on this, since most pirate MK games fail in that aspect. I got surprised on how detailed the win pose animations are, and how litte sprite flickering you get in the game. You can see how much work went in the game. The thunder effect on Raiden's stage was a nice touch, but I wonder why didn't they use Mortal Kombat backgrounds? Is a shame the AI is so cheap, because the game seems really solid besides that.

I really enjoyed your review, and hope you do more videos like that! See you!

I'm so happy you stuck around to see me finally share the game with people. Yes, I've been teasing that one for quite some time (the Internet Archive has that page backed up since 2002) so it was long overdue. Better late than never, right?

Well, I'm back with another one... Mortal Combat 5 a.k.a. Mortal Kombat Mythologies for Sega Genesis/MegaDrive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_EQILxckc4

reminds me of that shitty 56 peopleS game
i hated it when i was a kid but kept playing it over and over again because addicted on mk
so if you're looking for the first ever awful mugen compilation game...there you go
mortal kombat 56 peoples for the nes

Re: Review of pirate Mortal Kombat games: Dragon Fighter, Mortal Combat 5/Mythologies

]{0MBAT are you still updating your webpage? This one http://tabmok99.mortalkombatonline.com/rumored_characters.html

I have a bunch of new info and corrections but couldn't get hold of you. Could you let me know the best way to reach you? thanks

Hey,

I probably won't be updating the "Unmasked Characters" section any time soon. I think I started that page in '02 or '03 and had all the examples up to that time, and I kept up with newly released information for a few years, but it got to be a bit too much after a while.

I'm having problems with my official MKO email account right now, I will get that straightened out at some point, but you can use tabmok99@gmail.com in the meantime.

I'm so happy you stuck around to see me finally share the game with people. Yes, I've been teasing that one for quite some time (the Internet Archive has that page backed up since 2002) so it was long overdue. Better late than never, right?
Well, I'm back with another one... Mortal Combat 5 a.k.a. Mortal Kombat Mythologies for Sega Genesis/MegaDrive

Of course! And good things are always worth waiting for. As I said on my previous post, you do a great job with these reviews.

I played the game some time ago, and totally agree with your opinion on it. It's really a decent port of the original game, and the music is amazing. Didn't know about the level skipping glitch, had a good laugh with that.
I'm also happy to know I'm not the only one that liked the original MK Mythologies, as it usually receives bad reviews. In my opinion, is a shame it wasn't successfull enought to have more games like it.

Again, great job on the review and hope to see you again soon!

Well, I'm back with another one. This time, the ultra-rare Super Nintendo pirate cart titled Mortal Kombat Mythologies Gold 2000. I've been hunting this game down for years before I finally got it. Totally worth it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aabES_8LUrk

Let me know if you have any questions about this one, because this is so hard to find. The odds are the majority fans won't get a chance to play it. (But I'd like to change that and would be willing to dump a ROM of it, if I had the equipment to do so.)

Two things:

First, the previous game I mentioned - Mortal Kombat Mythologies Gold 2000 - now has a ROM that has been dumped. Anyone can play it!

Second, my latest review is ready. This time, I tackle the Hummer Team's pirate release of Mortal Kombat 3 on the 8-bit NES/Famicom.

https://youtu.be/GWg5QXed_mc