Kombat Pack Pricing?

BBBLP

Robot Rock
I was wondering what you guys think about the possible prices for this. Because personally, I smell some serious bullshit coming our way. And it's mainly due to Goro. Are they really going to charge us $30 for another Kombat Pack? I wouldn't mind if it was all new content, but 4 characters and one new skin pack would only run you about $23 if you bought everything separately. My main concern is that they'll justify a $30 price tag by saying "Well you get 5 characters and 4 packs". Bullshit, there had better be a reduced price for the people who own all of currently available dlc. Because my biggest gripe is the fact that Kombat pack owners get to use the characters a week early. So no matter what, I'm buying this shit. Just need to know whether or not I'll be happy about it.

I was actually wondering the same thing, because if it is 30 bucks than those of us who already have all the dlc would be better off buying the characters individually. 4 characters for 5 bucks each and one skin pack comes out to about 23 dollars so yeah we'd be saving money by not buying the Kombat Pack, which is supposed to be saving us money.

Shit is straight tarded if they do end up doing it like that.

edit: didn't realize I completely repeated the math in your post :laugh: whatever

Last edited:
Word. Another thing that bugs me is the skin pack situation. I really hope that they create skins for all the newcomers. Jacqui and Kotal desperately need one. But if they do add them, it'll be on some super shady shit since they bundled costumes we already have just to be able to charge us for some side costumes. NRS is about to take some serious heat when the details drop man.

The situation with the Pit is pretty funked too, it wasn't listed with the rest of the Kombat Pack so they might end up charging separately for that too. I'm really hoping NRS isn't trying to be slick nickel and diming us for this shit thinking nobody is gonna notice or thinking we'll just buy it anyway.

I feel the same way about the detailed revealed so far.

New skin packs over those other two garbage packs would of been more enticing.

I think the Pit will be free. It doesn't make sense for some users to have access to it and some don't. They'd have to release another compatibility patch for people to play together, and even then it's like they actually bought it since they get to play on it with their friends.

That's true, I dunno though they could do some shit like the person without the stage would see the training stage version of it and only the people who own it see the real stage.

I hope you're right though it would be really shitty for them to make us shell out for a damn stage, especially one as iconic as the Pit.

I was thinking more like 1 stage with a different skin, but yeah I don't know shit about how any of this would work anyway just a thought I had for the worst case scenario.

I'm still holding out on this being down to piss-poor PR. I think they mean that KP2 owners will get Goro, Brazil + Kold War packs for free, as well as the Apocalypse pack (i.e. Samurai pack #2). This is an incentive for people to buy KP2, as they're going to get the same amount of content as KP1 as well as the DLC they previously would have had to buy separately.

The actual KP2 will be four new characters and four new skin packs, separate from the pre-order bonuses. Same as KP1, and for the same price.

It is totally nonsensical for previously released DLC to be part of the actual paid content aspect of KP2, and NRS would come in for a total shitstorm for doing so. People are justifiably pissed off at what is being advertised at the end of the KP2 gameplay trailer, but there's no way we're only getting three new skins after six months of waiting.

I'm confident this will all blow over once they make another announcement, or perhaps during the first kombat kast. I do think we're going to get Leatherface and Alien-themed packs, two more klassic packs and some more klassic fatalities.

If not then, obviously, then we should all feel very, very pissed off.

EDIT: Also, note the wording:

kp2_-png.11465

'...will also receive...'

Last edited:
Don't forget about that NRS is probably already working on another game, be it Injustice 2 or something else, and they have to make a demo and a playable build for E3, that means kharacters, skins and stages. So it's entirely possible that KP2 will be somewhat short of content because NRS needs manpower somewhere else.

They are not supporting MKX they are milking it in these days. Business is much more important at this point that satisfying consumers, that's why we got Leatherface.

Ronin Takeda is 1 of my favorites to use, so that Apocalyptic skin pack for Takeda, D'Vorah and Erron Black will be nice. :-D
I was hoping for another pack of 3 or 4 skins for either Kung Jin, Ferra / Torr, Kotal Kahn, and Jacqui, but it doesn't seem likely.
Apocalypse Pack and The Pit stage, for me.
If Bo Rai Cho's other 2 variations don't include toilet humor then I may get him, but we'll see.
I'm so thankful for having the Premier Tower in MKX, to try these characters out before buying them.

Weren't you the same guy swearing up and down that there were extra characters on the roster even after it Imaged?
Like many others, I wanted Fujin.

This is different, though, in that I am just quoting their own press release. It's not a conspiracy.

I have doubts of Fujin ever being in any future MK games.
I have no hopes at all for Fujin ever being in any future games after the whole troll fiasco with Cassie's Fatality, and never getting him in MKX.

I have no hopes at all for Fujin ever being in any future games after the whole troll fiasco with Cassie's Fatality, and never getting him in MKX.

Pretty sure we're getting Fujin in MK11. I'm confident of it. Especially after all the negative backlash NRS got from him not being in KP2.

I usually agree with a lot of your posts, but I feel you're overreacting a bit too much as of lately ever since who got revealed in this pack. I get that a bunch of you really wanted this character, but to say that he'll never come in future games is a silly thing to say.

Not sure why a lot of people are so upset that this character isn't in. I understand "he hasn't been in a game since Armageddon" "He could replace Raiden" "He's a character that controls wind and we don't have that" "He deserves to be redeemed" I get the reasons, but to be this upset is mind boggling because there's a hell of a lot of characters that are in the same boat yet they don't have the fans lashing out about it, just Fujin. When will we ever see Hotaru again? I mean that character was really cool. He had a neat background and what he did to Li Mei in Armageddon's intro was freaking awesome. Will we ever see this guy again? Dunno. Every character has a fifty/fifty chance to be in the game, no one character DESERVES to be in the game over another character.

And yeah, I don't like Fujin. I never really liked anything about him other than the crossbow that a lot of people hate. I'd rather see someone else than him. But as I said, to be this upset about him not being in X, claiming that he'll never make another appearance again, that's just silly.

Pretty sure we're getting Fujin in MK11. I'm confident of it. Especially after all the negative backlash NRS got from him not being in KP2.

Oh, trust me, I was in the same boat with you after Fujin didn't show up in MK9 as DLC, despite the announcer audio files for him being hacked and discovered.
I FOR SURE thought that Fujin would be in MKX and was naive enough to think that they'd put him in MKX, even if it was just as DLC.
Boon and NRS have cried wolf with Fujin long enough and have had their fun trolling him in Cassie's Fatality and with their tweets.
Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me.
I'm not falling for the "Oh, he'll be in the next game" bullshit line that I've heard 1,000 times.
I've lost all hope of him ever showing up, and as far as I'm concerned Fujin might as well be right there with Hsu Hao for MK11.
If he shows up for MK11, at this point, I'll really be extremely shocked.

[MENTION=16500]Kitty_55[/MENTION]
Over-reacting?
I usually agree with a lot of your posts, but please don't try to diminish my opinion on it, just because you don't agree with it or don't care for the character.
Hotaru wasn't being trolled around in MKX like Fujin was with a story mode cameo, trolling Boon Tweets, and even Ed Boon trolling him in Cassie's selfie Fatality.
Apples and oranges.

Last edited: