Kombat Pack 2 Gameplay Trailer

Looks better than we might have expected. The only real KP2 flaw is Leatherface. How great it could have been if it was a MK character like Fujin or Reiko (or maybe somebody classic like Noob Saibot). I don't see any interesting differences concerning Leatherface's variations. He is just boring. Though I have to admit that it is difficult to figure out Bo's and Xenomorph's variations as well (the trailer is very fast). Triborg is clear, three variations = three cyborgs.

Yeah, Leatherface was a mistake. Very confused as to the thinking behind that one.

Bo's variations seem to be:

- staff
- glowing ale flask (puke/fart?)
- ???

Definitely interested to see the kombat kasts for Bo and Triborg (especially Smoke) but I'll give the guests a miss. No way I want any of them in my game.

I'm just holding out hope that the Apocalypse pack is a pre-order bonus (along with the previous non-KP1 DLC) like the Samurai pack was with KP1, and not the only new skin pack. That would be massively disappointing.

Leatherface is clearly the odd man out here, I'd rather have seen a klassic MK character return.

Other than that, I'm very impressed with Alien's model.

Triborg is the only thing that interest me...I think it would be really cool if triborg had a secret 4th variation called noob smoke from deception.

Still trying to decide if I should get Bo' and Triborg or all of them. Leatherface does look better then I expected but still terrible. And Alien looks alright. Nothing special, just alright.

Still trying to decide if I should get Bo' and Triborg or all of them. Leatherface does look better then I expected but still terrible. And Alien looks alright. Nothing special, just alright.
Just buy the ones you genuinely like. I've never understood this 'I'll buy them all to support NRS' line (not saying that is what you're saying, but I've seen it often enough) and then people get surprised at the fact they keep making more of these woeful guest characters.

I'm waiting for Bo's kombat kast, and Smoke is looking good. I've decided that I'll buy Tremor if they've given him a klassic costume this time around... he looks really fun to play, I do like the ninja characters, and he has loads of brutalities.

Just buy the ones you genuinely like. I've never understood this 'I'll buy them all to support NRS' line (not saying that is what you're saying, but I've seen it often enough) and then people get surprised at the fact they keep making more of these woeful guest characters.
I'd buy them to play as them and have a possible new main. I just realized I can play the towers before playing them.

Wonder what made Cyber Smoke come back. It's not that I don't like him, he's my fighter on UMK3, but...you know.

The possible answer is "sales", but I wonder how he is going to fit in, or maybe he will be another "what if".

After watching this multiple times, I noticed a couple new things. Leatherface must have a variation that changes his appearance in to the 2003 remake look. At first you see the old school design in the trailer. Later in the fights, you see he has the remake's face mask and the sleeves too. Pretty cool, but regardless of the variations, I'm going to represent Gunnar Hansen. R.I.P.

The Tri-Borg finisher does seem like it could be a brutality. It's rather quick and debatable though.

Wonder what made Cyber Smoke come back. It's not that I don't like him, he's my fighter on UMK3, but...you know.

The possible answer is "sales", but I wonder how he is going to fit in, or maybe he will be another "what if".

I would feel a little cheated if they had no explanation for Cyber Smoke. My guess is we'll find out in his bio. I'm still trying to figure out how he came to be to begin with.

My question is, would anyone accept the cyborgs to be tethered together for now on?

After watching this multiple times, I noticed a couple new things. Leatherface must have a variation that changes his appearance in to the 2003 remake look. At first you see the old school design in the trailer. Later in the fights, you see he has the remake's face mask and the sleeves too. Pretty cool, but regardless of the variations, I'm going to represent Gunnar Hansen. R.I.P.

The Tri-Borg finisher does seem like it could be a brutality. It's rather quick and debatable though.

I would feel a little cheated if they had no explanation for Cyber Smoke. My guess is we'll find out in his bio. I'm still trying to figure out how he came to be to begin with.

My question is, would anyone accept the cyborgs to be tethered together for now on?

I still try to understand old Liu Kang, Kung Lao and living Kitana, so I wouldn't be surprised if he became another what-if where they pretend nobody noticed. Also, all of these guests are what-ifs.

I still try to understand old Liu Kang, Kung Lao and living Kitana, so I wouldn't be surprised if he became another what-if where they pretend nobody noticed. Also, all of these guests are what-ifs.

Yeah, but all three of those characters also have canon skins. Several actually, so they aren't really what ifs. They were all in the story. The skins are what ifs, just like most alternate skins. Some skins were from flash backs to MK2. "Canon" is a gray area in MK.

Has it ever been confirmed that guests are what ifs? (Hides from the storm)

Sure, some skins are canon but 25 years into the future Liu Kang & Kung Lao, and living Kitana are pretty much all semi-confirmed as non-canon, given Kung Lao's concept art in the Krypt.
Kold War Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Sonya are also what-ifs, as are Ronin Kenshi, Samurai Shinnok, Vampire Mileena, and Reptile's Kraken / Swamp Thing costumes.
I don't see the costumes as being a gray area, as far as canon goes, but maybe that's just me.
IMO, the ones that appear in story mode (either via flashbacks or otherwise) = canon.
Everything else = non-canon.

IMO, ALL guests can be considered what-ifs, given that they usually don't appear in the next MK game, and their endings are not ever canon.

Just my $0.02 on both, though.

Everything looks beautiful. Trying to decide who I main first.

Alien for me!!! Then Cyber Smoke and then Sektor and then Cyrax (from Tri-borg). Man leatherface has crazy reach with his chainsaw. Thats awesome. I love all of kombat pack 2. Ill pick Leatherface when someone picks Jason. Ill pick Alien when someone picks Predator. ... i wish they waited to put Freddy in MKX instead and put Leatherface in MK9.... damn it. Then this game would have been complete for me then.... Freddy vs Jason and Alien vs Predator, oh and tag team would complete the game also :D

oh and tag team would complete the game also :D
Tag team would be so broken in this game.

Grandmaster Sub-Zero and Sorcerer Quan Chi corner trap armor and a clone.
DF/FF Liu Kang and Kobu Jutsu Tanya's chip damage.
HQT Predator and Summoner Quan Chi's zoning, damage and 50/50s.
I'd only play Tag team alone.

My only one complaint about the pack is that I wish they would have given Triborg a different name. Such a lame ass name. Like I really want to know who the heck sat there, thought of the name "Triborg" and said it to the rest of the team that made them go, "That's the name."

I can even hear the announcer calling it Triborg in my head and I giggle every time.

Just, who the hell thought it was a kick ass name to use? I would have been comfortable if they would have just named it Cyborg. That's it. Sure there's probably some reason they can't, but I would be just fine with that than Triborg.

Yeuck.