Which Sub-Boss was the hardest?

Chris445

Was wondering which sub boss you had the hardest time with and which in your opinion was the hardest one or ones to get through so two questions?

MK1: Goro
MK2: Kintaro
MK3/UMK3: Motaro
MKT: Goro,Kintaro,Motaro
MK4: Goro......again
MK:DA: Moloch
MK:D: Noob-Smoke
MKA: Goro,Kintaro,Motaro,Sheeva,Shao Kahn,Moloch,Onaga
MKvs.DC: Shao Kahn, Darksied
MK9: Goro,Kintaro
MKX: Goro

MK2 Kitana.
Seriously though, MK2 Kintaro. MK2 was and probably still is the hardest game in the franchise.
Also I don't think Goro is considered a traditional "Sub-Boss" in MKX, He's just a regular low tier character IMO.

1. Motaro in Mortal Kombat 3
2. Shao Kahn in Mortal Kombat 2
3. Kintaro in Mortal Kombat 2

*Honorable mention*
Moloch, for some reason, was always hard as hell for me to defeat in Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance. He used to whoop my ass on a regular!

If Kintaro with the MK2 AI were to face off against Motaro with the MK3 series AI who would win?
Kintaro would tear him a new @sshole, Motaro might be cheap and difficult, but he isn't even close to the level of Kintaro, even the regular characters in MK2 are harder than Motaro.

Jade in MK2 is I think the hardest secret boss off MK2. Sometones harder than Shao Kahn and and Kintaro. Heck, I think Scorpion, Liu Kang, and Kitana are 50% harder at times than any of the bosses in MK2!!!!

In MK1, I find Shang Tsung and Goro hard mainly because I have no favorite character in that game. Lol

Wow, secret characters in a Sub-Boss thread lol, I will say there no walk in the park though.

Kintaro would tear him a new @sshole, Motaro might be cheap and difficult, but he isn't even close to the level of Kintaro, even the regular characters in MK2 are harder than Motaro.

How will Kintaro counter the fireball reflectors and his teleports. Gonna argue for Motaro for fun here if you don't mind.

I will also say that Onaga was a pain because you kinda had to destroy the 7 kamidogu in order to weaken him a bit.

I will also say that Onaga was a pain because you kinda had to destroy the 7 kamidogu in order to weaken him a bit.

If we have to do something like that in MK11, I hope it'll at least be epic and not just the character walking through the objects. Like, I'd want Jade (for example) to kick the Kamidogu when she's fighting Onaga (or who ever the final boss is).

If we have to do something like that in MK11, I hope it'll at least be epic and not just the character walking through the objects. Like, I'd want Jade (for example) to kick the Kamidogu when she's fighting Onaga (or who ever the final boss is).

Nice Avatar!

But who knows, the way the story is going it might not be Onaga as the next boss in the next game but that's a discussion for another thread.

I also would like to state that for regular human Sub-Boss Shang in MK2 was very though & Noob-Smoke in MKD were also annoying if you didn't know how to capitalize on those Dial Up Combos.

MK2 Kintaro

Still a super cheap way to beat any sub-boss but Kintaro is still the toughest to beat. When I think of MK2, I think of an awesome classic game I get my ass kicked in all the time.

Jade in MK2 is I think the hardest secret boss off MK2. Sometones harder than Shao Kahn and and Kintaro. Heck, I think Scorpion, Liu Kang, and Kitana are 50% harder at times than any of the bosses in MK2!!!!

In MK1, I find Shang Tsung and Goro hard mainly because I have no favorite character in that game. Lol

Freeze, jump, uppercut and repeat = double flawless on MK1 Goro with Sub-Zero. It's sad how easy the fight is when you learn the technique.

Last edited:
Wow, secret characters in a Sub-Boss thread lol, I will say there no walk in the park though.

How will Kintaro counter the fireball reflectors and his teleports. Gonna argue for Motaro for fun here if you don't mind.
The way I see it, Kintaro is much harder to fight against than Motaro is in their respective games, and I believe that if you pit these two in Trilogy Kintaro will usually win, but I could be wrong.
From my personal experience, the difficulty goes like this :
1.MK2 Shao Kahn
2.MK2 Kintaro
3.MK2 Jade
4.MK2 Smoke
5.MK1 Goro
6.MKT Chameleon
7.UMK3 Noob
8.MK1 Shang Tsung
9.UMK3 Shao Kahn
10.Deception Onaga
11.Armageddon Blaze/Onaga/Moloch/Kintaro/Goro
12.UMK3 Motaro
13.Deadly Alliance Moloch
14.MK4 Goro

I'm kinda undecided on MK9 Shao Kahn, Goro and Kintaro + MKX Corrupted Shinnok because I didn't really get to fight them all that often.