Which Sub-Boss was the hardest?

its GOTTA be mk4 goro or mk2 kintaro!

People underestimate MK4 Goro, Not only was he a pain attack spammer but his health vitality was so high it took for ever to beat him.

So with MK2 Kintaro you had AI Headache but with a low vitality and with MK4 Goro you had random attacks spamming with High vitality.

Kintaro reacted to everything you did and was though but his health went down quicker as you started to hit him and get the upper hand whereas Goro just did any attack as long as you were close enough and did a crap ton of damage but once you figured out how to jump in and get the combos going his health went down so slow and took less damage it was ridiculous.

Heck even Kintaro didn't abuse the Telestomp like Goro did, So yes I must say it may be between these to but I'll give a slight edge to Kintaro because you can at least combo Goro and juggle him whereas you couldn't with Kintaro and his AI just makes him unforgivable if you can't find the gimmick to beat him (Forward jump kick at the right moment).

People underestimate MK4 Goro, Not only was he a pain attack spammer but his health vitality was so high it took for ever to beat him.

So with MK2 Kintaro you had AI Headache but with a low vitality and with MK4 Goro you had random attacks spamming with High vitality.

Kintaro reacted to everything you did and was though but his health went down quicker as you started to hit him and get the upper hand whereas Goro just did any attack as long as you were close enough and did a crap ton of damage but once you figured out how to jump in and get the combos going his health went down so slow and took less damage it was ridiculous.

Heck even Kintaro didn't abuse the Telestomp like Goro did, So yes I must say it may be between these to but I'll give a slight edge to Kintaro because you can at least combo Goro and juggle him whereas you couldn't with Kintaro and his AI just makes him unforgivable if you can't find the gimmick to beat him (Forward jump kick at the right moment).
Sure, MK4 Goro is not a cake walk, but he's easy, at least I can beat him with more than half the roster without continuing once, I've only beaten Kintaro twice in MK2, after losing like a 1000 times.

Sure, MK4 Goro is not a cake walk, but he's easy, at least I can beat him with more than half the roster without continuing once, I've only beaten Kintaro twice in MK2, after losing like a 1000 times.

Well of course after you figure out the gimmicks then you can beat almost all the Sub-Boss. Was going off more of the first time you faced them and how long it took you to finally beat them, For me I remember both MK2 Kintaro & MK4 Goro took me the longest before I finally won.

Now I can beat both MK4 Goro & MK2 Kinatro with almost every character on the first run in. Heck I once got a DOUBLE FLAWLESS against Kintaro with Scorpion. That's how easy it is now.

The way I see it, Kintaro is much harder to fight against than Motaro is in their respective games, and I believe that if you pit these two in Trilogy Kintaro will usually win, but I could be wrong.
From my personal experience, the difficulty goes like this :
1.MK2 Shao Kahn
2.MK2 Kintaro
3.MK2 Jade
4.MK2 Smoke
5.MK1 Goro
6.MKT Chameleon
7.UMK3 Noob
8.MK1 Shang Tsung
9.UMK3 Shao Kahn
10.Deception Onaga
11.Armageddon Blaze/Onaga/Moloch/Kintaro/Goro
12.UMK3 Motaro
13.Deadly Alliance Moloch
14.MK4 Goro

I'm kinda undecided on MK9 Shao Kahn, Goro and Kintaro + MKX Corrupted Shinnok because I didn't really get to fight them all that often.

MKII Shao Kahn (Arcade). Depends on what version and CPU difficulty.

For sub-boss it's MKII: Kintaro then UMK3: Motaro

MKII Shao Kahn (Arcade). Depends on what version and CPU difficulty.

For sub-boss it's MKII: Kintaro then UMK3: Motaro

mk2 Shao Kahn was a joke compared to mk3 Shao Kahn.

Motaro is insane with all the fireballs and teleporting. he blocks until your combo hes blocking is done and picks you up and punches you. just grrrr!!!

MK2 Kintaro

Still a super cheap way to beat any sub-boss but Kintaro is still the toughest to beat. When I think of MK2, I think of an awesome classic game I get my ass kicked in all the time.

Freeze, jump, uppercut and repeat = double flawless on MK1 Goro with Sub-Zero. It's sad how easy the fight is when you learn the technique.

I'm a Sonya player in MK1 though. Lol

I cannot comment on any releases between MK4 and MK9, cause I haven't played any of them.

Goro in MK1 and in MK4 is not so hard. Hardly more difficult than a normal character.

Goro and Kintaro in MK9 seem formidable at first, because of the huge damage differences and the rage flashes which allow them to pound you while taking hits, but soon enough you figure out their patterns. Then they almost become pushovers, since they are slow and have a limited number of attacks. Once you figure them out, fighting them in the ladder actually appears easier than fighting Shang Tsung and whoever the #7 character happens to be.

So, in the end it's a toss-up between MK2 Kintaro and MK3/UMK3/MKT Motaro. And I really can't decide.

First of all, in some versions, the MK2 Kintaro AI is glitched (e.g., Arcade, at least via MAME), in a way that almost every time you try to jump-kick him he tries to uppercut you. He will always miss it, and you can just spam jump-kick him to death. But in some versions (e.g., PC) this doesn't work, and then he is much harder. Much much harder. In a sense that the only way to beat him is to actually fight him, and be on the tip of your toes throughout the entire battle, looking to take advantage of every opening (of which there won't be many). Once you can actually beat him consistently, with every character, not by luck, but by skill - it feels as an immense achievement, and battles with him are always fun.

Motaro, on the other hand, is just cheap and crappy. His attacks have priority over yours 90% of the time, he has incredible range (can grab and pound you before you're close enough to hit him), he tends to spam fireballs (esp. on higher difficulties) that cause massive damage and cover half the screen, so that there is almost no way to avoid them other than blocking, and he is immune to most special moves.

Worse of all, his collision boxes are totally f-ed up. You can hit him squarely with an uppercut as he stands before you or jumps over you, and still your uppercut will miss. You can start a combo on him, and after 1-2 hits your combo will not connect, and he'll punch you. Your jump kicks will sometimes not connect when you think they must, or connect when you think they shouldn't. All in all, battling him is an exercise in frustration. Eventually you figure out a cheap pattern to beat him, or come across it by luck, but it is rarely fun. He is challenging for the wrong reasons - not because he's strong/fast, but because he is unfair and broken.

So, now, having played probably close to a 1,000 or more battles against Kintaro, and figuring out how to fight him, I actually often find him easier than Motaro. But it took a lot of effort and gradual skill-toning to get to that point. That is why I can't decide which one is actually harder.

Holy hell, Motaro on MKT takes the cake. And if I'm remembering correctly) his combination of tail whips, fireballs, and near psychic ability of knowing exactly what you're going to do when you're going to do it and precisely how to counter your moves makes him easily the most difficult. It's either that or I just really sucked at MKT.

I cannot comment on any releases between MK4 and MK9, cause I haven't played any of them.

Goro in MK1 and in MK4 is not so hard. Hardly more difficult than a normal character.

Goro and Kintaro in MK9 seem formidable at first, because of the huge damage differences and the rage flashes which allow them to pound you while taking hits, but soon enough you figure out their patterns. Then they almost become pushovers, since they are slow and have a limited number of attacks. Once you figure them out, fighting them in the ladder actually appears easier than fighting Shang Tsung and whoever the #7 character happens to be.

So, in the end it's a toss-up between MK2 Kintaro and MK3/UMK3/MKT Motaro. And I really can't decide.

First of all, in some versions, the MK2 Kintaro AI is glitched (e.g., Arcade, at least via MAME), in a way that almost every time you try to jump-kick him he tries to uppercut you. He will always miss it, and you can just spam jump-kick him to death. But in some versions (e.g., PC) this doesn't work, and then he is much harder. Much much harder. In a sense that the only way to beat him is to actually fight him, and be on the tip of your toes throughout the entire battle, looking to take advantage of every opening (of which there won't be many). Once you can actually beat him consistently, with every character, not by luck, but by skill - it feels as an immense achievement, and battles with him are always fun.

Motaro, on the other hand, is just cheap and crappy. His attacks have priority over yours 90% of the time, he has incredible range (can grab and pound you before you're close enough to hit him), he tends to spam fireballs (esp. on higher difficulties) that cause massive damage and cover half the screen, so that there is almost no way to avoid them other than blocking, and he is immune to most special moves.

Worse of all, his collision boxes are totally f-ed up. You can hit him squarely with an uppercut as he stands before you or jumps over you, and still your uppercut will miss. You can start a combo on him, and after 1-2 hits your combo will not connect, and he'll punch you. Your jump kicks will sometimes not connect when you think they must, or connect when you think they shouldn't. All in all, battling him is an exercise in frustration. Eventually you figure out a cheap pattern to beat him, or come across it by luck, but it is rarely fun. He is challenging for the wrong reasons - not because he's strong/fast, but because he is unfair and broken.

So, now, having played probably close to a 1,000 or more battles against Kintaro, and figuring out how to fight him, I actually often find him easier than Motaro. But it took a lot of effort and gradual skill-toning to get to that point. That is why I can't decide which one is actually harder.

You seem to know your stuff as well. Tell me..... if you were to take a CPU Kintaro with his Arcade MK2 AI and put him against a CPU Motaro with his Arcade MK3 series AI which CPU controlled AI would win from your point of view?

Hardest: Kintaro (MK2 Arcade)
Some what difficult: Moloch (MK:DA), Motaro (MK3&UMK3 Arcade)
Easiest: Goro (MK1&MK4 Arcade)

Mk1 goro with scorpion just required some work. Jump kicking forward and then throwing the spear sometimes got him and other times he blocked in which case I used another jump kick.

Mk3/t motaro is easy. You dont need a long combo or anything. Just one move. Feel free to steal my method. First pick sheeva. Then kick using her stomp move. Even if Motaro blocks he gets hurt and if used quick enough he can't move in time to hit you. If he fights cheap then I fight cheap.

Mk2 kintaro I have no idea how to fight. Kintaro is the hardest.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

MK2 Kintaro. Could only ever beat him as Mileena, Kitana, Baraka or Raiden.
MK4 Goro used to be the hardest when I was a lil boy, but after buying the game last year again I realized how incredibly easy he is on pretty much every mode.
After MKA, every boss just seems to get more bland and easy. Dark Kahn was nothing, Shao Kahn in MK9 was only an issue on expert mode, and Corrupted shinnok is only dangerous with his continuous stomach beam attack.

Moloch. He was cheap af.

Kintaro caused you all lots are problems? I know he was hard, but Motaro was literally the only boss I never beat (though that was during my sucky days at playing MKT).

Edit: Pause on that "sucky" part.

didnt play mk4 too much ( nobody wanted to play with me damn it ) so i didnt master the jumps and the mechanics. but i play a SHITLOAD of MK2 and got my ass wooped fer hours by kintaro when i was like 11 years old, but eventually came up too him like 2 years ago and ED HIM UP second try. but the couple of hours i played MK4 goro, completely ed me up even on easy JUST SO POWERFUL. i only beat sub zero, scorpion, and liu kang story modes but sub was on medium. glad you agree tho! couldent imagine even harder sub boss es

Definitely Kintaro on MK2. Followed by Shao Kahn MK2. Motaro on MK3/UMK3/MKT was easy really. Just try this, back him near the corner and then repeatedly hit HP. He is unable to grab you as the HPs come out too fast. The trouble is when you leave space between your character and him, thats when he starts spamming fireballs

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk