2 questions about Kano

poptdp

1. Was he a good guy in Mortal Kombat 1? I mean I know he's not a good guy but was he fighting for Earthrealm against Shang Tsung?

2. How does a crime boss of the Black Dragon find the time to work out at the gym and get a body like Kano has in MKX?? As seen with Tony Soprano and the Godfather etc, crime bosses are clearly too busy and end up fat (or at least not ripped)

Yes he was a bad guy and as for the crime bosses you speak of,they eat Italian good all day!!

Yes he was a bad guy and as for the crime bosses you speak of,they eat Italian good all day!!

1. I know he was bad but was he fighting for Earthrealm in MK1? As in was he representing Earthrealm? Same with Sub-zero and Scorpion, I'm not sure who they represented (Shang Tsung was Outworld, Scorpion was Netherrealm I'm guessing)

2. Still didn't answer my question.. how did Kano find the time to work out? He's absolutely ripped

Through delegation of work and having more under bosses to take care of a lot of the operations he was able to open up time in his schedule. And yes he fought for earth realm but he was still s bad guy. It took bad and good to represent earth because they were earths greatest warriors and that's what was needed to defeat outworld

Kano wasn't fighting for Earthrealm, he was hired by Shang Tsung to assassinate other Earthrealm kombatants.

Kano works the field, shown in both the comics and the games he fights alongside his soldiers. He stays fit by being active, or some other bullshit reason because it will never be explained and doesn't matter.

There were only 2 Black Dragon members to ever fight for Earthrealm, 1 being Kabal in MK3/MK9, and the other was Jarek in MK4, also Kano goes to outworld a lot from what we've seen, so I wouldn't be surprised he kept himself fit since he is always in a hostile environment.

cool answers! still not sure on whether he fought for earthrealm in mk1 though... maybe he fought under the guise that he's fighting for earthrealm but was secretly hired by Shang Tsung to assassinate the other kombatants?

There's still a possibility that Kano never participated in the tournament during MK1, but rather worked for Shang Tsung behind the scenes, I mean you never see him in the courtyard, and Sonya's goal had nothing to do with the tournament but rather to capture Kano, save Jax and get out of the island.

cool answers! still not sure on whether he fought for earthrealm in mk1 though... maybe he fought under the guise that he's fighting for earthrealm but was secretly hired by Shang Tsung to assassinate the other kombatants?

Kano never fought for Earthrealm. He's a bad guy. Period.

In his ending he defeated Goro and Shang tsing then ran the tournament for himself so I figure he was in it for himself and indirectly for earthrealm. But the movie is different than the first game in that he works for Shang to benefit himself in whatever realm as long as he gets paid.

Kano spends most of his time out of earthrealm, where this isn't crazy amounts of fast and junk food. Eating veggies and lean meats while doing kano balls is a sure way to maintain a six pack.

1. Was he a good guy in Mortal Kombat 1? I mean I know he's not a good guy but was he fighting for Earthrealm against Shang Tsung?

2. How does a crime boss of the Black Dragon find the time to work out at the gym and get a body like Kano has in MKX?? As seen with Tony Soprano and the Godfather etc, crime bosses are clearly too busy and end up fat (or at least not ripped)

Kano is a bad guy, the epitome of evil! In MK1 Kano fought solely for himself. There were rumors that his Island was full of gold and other riches. Shang Tsung's Island began to crumble due to Tsung's defeat at the hands of Liu Kang. Due to circumstances, Kano Johnny Cage and Sonya joined forces to fight Goro. Kano & Sonya somehow were transported to Outworld Forrest where they were captured by Shang Tsung's men.

Im a hug Kano fan, and i like to fancy the idea that Kano was very hands on with things and the fact that he was constantly on the run from the Special Forces, he had to keep himself in shape just incase. But you have to also remember Kano was in Outworld as a General to Shao Kahns' army for quite sometime. A Life of luxury i assume but still plenty of time to kept himself in shape

He's never fought for Earthrealm and in fact has never the only Earthrealm character he's really ever had interactions with are Sonya and to a much lesser extent Jax. Not even Raiden has made attempts to contact him!
It was the first game that has set-up the longest and generally unchanged MK rivalry in the series: Kano vs. Sonya.