How to beat Kintaro and Shao Kahn in MK:II

Nerd101

Are these two driving you to the brink of insanity?Owie.png205.pngWell this is how to get your revenge!

Kintaro: You must pick either select Shang Tsung or Kung Lao. Spam jump kick when the round starts. But you need to time it just right, you need to jump kick him right when his roar starts when he tries to punish you when you attempt to jump. Another way to know when you should strike is to watch Kintaro closely, you'll see a couple of frames when he tries to uppercut you and at the exact moment you see that you need to kick.

Shao Kahn: This will work with any character but the two best are Scorpion and Sub-Zero, while Scorpion is better for this, Sub-Zero should work just fine. So choose the character you wish to beat him with. When the round starts instantly jump backwards until you reach the end of the arena. Once you've done that you need to crouch and block and stay that way until Shao Kahn attempts to shoulder charge you. When he does this and he has failed to land it you should then uppercut him and then instantly go back in the crouch block. If you chose Scorpion do the same thing but when Shao Kahn taunts you, you need to spear him and uppercut him and then go back to your crouch block. Do the same thing with Sub-Zero but instead of the spear, use the freeze. There you go! You're the Mortal Kombat champion!

Attachments

• 08.png
    08.png
    5.6 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
I beat them with the Liu Kang tactic of spamming the flying kick. Basically they will get hit by it 3 times and then duck under it everytime after that, so then the time will run out and you'll win. This works with every other character besides the bosses. But if they start to block it and punish you with an uppercut, let them kill you, and then pick another character. Die or win either way go back with Liu Kang and they will forget about the Liu Kang tactic and it will now work!

Honestly, all you do is spam moves over. That's really it. No planned out strat, there's nothing really hard with these bosses. You just know how to time things right and spam, boom. Game over.

These two can be a serious pain in the ass. Well timed jump kicks, uppercuts, and abuse of teleport maneuvers will yield an eventual victory.

I will say, however, that both are way more difficult when playing on the actual arcade setup. I need to have a controller in my hand.

It can be easier with Kitana too.

Jump Kick. Fan Lift. Air Fan Throw. Another one. Jump Back. Flying Punch (for escaping, catching Kintaro in the air, or dodging projectile). Repeat. Another One. Another one. On the second Round? Another one.

With Shao Kahn, its the same thing, but be prepared for his charge spam. You could probably uppercut his charge if you time it right.

^That Kitana strategy will work, too.

I can beat both with any character with well-timed jump kicks/jumping back/jump kicks repeat. You learn to trigger the AI's response, and abuse it.