The King of Fighters XIV

I am a noob when it comes to this series but who is that guy that has Freddy Krueger's gloves and blades ? At least that is what it looks like he has to me.

He is indeed inspired by Freddy Krueger. His name is Choi. He is a criminal who is usually seen tagged along Chang, the big guy with the ball in a chain:

chang-choi-ngbc.jpg

However, they joined Kim (the Tae Kwon Do guy)... and have regretted it since, because he forces them on the straight path and they can't escape him. XD

Ash never existed in this timeline, this game is cannon and not a dream match like 98 and 2002. There'll be 50 characters at launch.
Wow 50 characters at the start this is awesome to me it may have 100 characters after all of the DLC's are done. you guys may get your Ash as a DLC character. Never give up hope and stay classy my friends.

Wow 50 characters at the start this is awesome to me it may have 100 characters after all of the DLC's are done. you guys may get your Ash as a DLC character. Never give up hope and stay classy my friends.

Lore-wise, Ash kinda erased himself from the timeline in the KOF13. But if SNK decided to put in Ash as an extra, I would be thrilled!

I wouldn't count on KoF being particularly DLC-heavy, especially when nothing has been said about updates and long-term support. Not only did KoFXIII have 3 DLC characters, they were all alternate of of existing characters.

Last edited:
Also sad to see Duo Lon not being on the roster. I know he, Elizabeth and Shen Woo were only in the game because of Ash, but if they could bring those back along with Ash as a DLC, I'd be pleased. ^^

Duo Lon was freaking cool, imo.

The last character in the Women's Team is rumored to be Alice, from one of SNK's pachislot games.

I wanted Blue Mary on the roster though....

I also see Nakoruru in the first slot of the "Another World" team. :3
Not the choice I would've made if I was to take a character from Samurai Shodown, but she's the most popular character from that franchise... I would've preferred Shiki or Asura though. Loved them in NeoGeo Battle Coliseum!

I also see Nakoruru in the first slot of the "Another World" team. :3
Not the choice I would've made if I was to take a character from Samurai Shodown, but she's the most popular character from that franchise... I would've preferred Shiki or Asura though. Loved them in NeoGeo Battle Coliseum!

Shiki and Asura are cool characters, but they might be a bit too obscure, they never appeared in a 2D Sam Sho. Basara is probably my favorite character from that franchise.

Shiki and Asura are cool characters, but they might be a bit too obscure, they never appeared in a 2D Sam Sho. Basara is probably my favorite character from that franchise.

It's just typical that I always fall for the obscure characters who never appear in any sequals. XD