Mortal Kombat Xtreme Edition

MK9

Soooooooo. I had a thought last night. Well, I think that when they finally release A FINAL version of MKX, they should include ALL the following on disc WITH a $60 pricetag. Its worth it I think

ALL DLC KONTENT:

-ALL 8 DLC characters + GORO (with an alternate outfit for each character so they all have 2 minimum)
-ALL costume packs and free skins that WERE and still will be released
-An option under "sound options", to have the announcer say "Excellent, Outstanding, Well Done, Superb, Muhahahah", etc.. after an uppercut or an Xray or a HIGH PERCENTAGE combo is executed. THIS OPTION CAN BE TOGGLED ON OR OFF
-Add in Korrupted Shinnok (PLAYABLE THIS TIME AROUND, also with an alternate costume, 3 fatalities and standard set of hidden/regular Brutalities)

TAG TEAM MODE:

-Add 2 on 2 Kombat like in MK9

STAGES:

-The addition of 3 new stages on top of the already releasing of the PIT, to bring the total to 4 new stages.

FATALITIES:

-Have at least 3 fatalities MINIMUM PER character not just 2 (Some were already given a 3rd fatality (klassic), great! :)

X-RAY:

-A new X-ray for EVERY fighter on the roster (Making it 2 X-rays minimum per fighter), which X-ray you use can be selected after you choose your characters variation. Either X-ray 1, X-ray 2, or option to use both BUT are chosen at random when you execute the X-ray.

STORY MODE ADD-ON:

-Add-on content to the already developed story mode BUT to include MORE CHAPTERS with ALL the DLC Characters + Goro thrown into the mix (MINUS Jason and The Predator or any future GUEST Character DLC, if we get another... Also do not include a playable chapter for Korrupted Shinnok)

-Adding more interactive scenes in story mode. While it was fun and interesting to play... there just wasn't enough of it.. it started to die down after the few initial chapters. There were also times they could have reintroduced this interactivity in certain later chapters but it was not made of use?... weird... anyways, adding in more of these "interactive button pressing" elements to EXISTING and NEWLY created chapters would GREATLY increase REPLAY value 10 fold!!!!! *** Also the inclusion of toggling this option ON or OFF under "Options menu" (a GREAT idea thought of by a member below)****

So I believe that all of these things should be included into the Xtreme Edition of MKX. What are your thoughts Maybe I forgot something?

:D

Last edited:
I'm sure you'll get the Kollective or Komplete Edition you desire...but those expectations are mighty lofty, and I'd lower them a peg or twenty.

I counted eight new features in that one post alone. That's practically a new game.

I would love the return on tag team mode

No to the dual X-Rays. One X-Ray per character is enough

New skins and previous skins carry over only if they were already purchased in MKX

Extension for story mode. Button inputs can be turned on or off

New stages

Only MK canon characters are free. Guest characters have to be purchased again unless previous purchased in MKX

Khameleon Mode - Pretty much a mini game that players use to explore others realms and learn secrets about the MK world and the evil that's to come

lol "Xtreme edition" that's so 90s haha
It would be great to have something like this, but it ain't happening. We'll probably jus get a complete edition like MK9 (wich isn't a bad thing). Maybe a couple of additional costumes or something if we are lucky, but I don't think new modes or story chapters are realistic.
I love tag mode though, I wish it were back, hopefully in MK11.

Lol. Yeaaaaa. So 90's. Ahahhaa. I would honestly pay $60 for just a tag team update to mkx. Lol. I freekin loved tag team in mk9. Made it really stand out from all the other fighters

The re-edition of the game will probably be the base game + all the DLC, nothing more.

I know, I know... it will be exactly how they did MK9 and INJUSTICE complete editions... but at a price of $30... I'm saying if they included all of what I stated above and charge the price of a new game. Heck I would even pay $60 just for a tag team patch update to mkx

Yeah, the fact that Tanya still looks like a white girl in a Party City wig in story mode tells you all you need to know about them ever updating that mode. It's a draw for critical praise and they clearly have fun doing it but it's not a priority.

Soooooooo. I had a thought last night. Well, I think that when they finally release A FINAL version of MKX, they should include ALL the following on disc WITH a $60 pricetag. Its worth it I think

ALL DLC KONTENT:

-ALL 8 DLC characters + GORO (with an alternate outfit for each character so they all have 2 minimum)
-ALL costume packs and free skins that WERE and still will be released
-An option under "sound options", to have the announcer say "Excellent, Outstanding, Well Done, Superb, Muhahahah", etc.. after an uppercut or an Xray or a HIGH PERCENTAGE combo is executed. THIS OPTION CAN BE TOGGLED ON OR OFF
-Add in Korrupted Shinnok (PLAYABLE THIS TIME AROUND, also with an alternate costume, 3 fatalities and standard set of hidden/regular Brutalities)

TAG TEAM MODE:

-Add 2 on 2 Kombat like in MK9

STAGES:

-The addition of 3 new stages on top of the already releasing of the PIT, to bring the total to 4 new stages.

FATALITIES:

-Have at least 3 fatalities MINIMUM PER character not just 2 (Some were already given a 3rd fatality (klassic), great! :)

X-RAY:

-A new X-ray for EVERY fighter on the roster (Making it 2 X-rays minimum per fighter), which X-ray you use can be selected after you choose your characters variation. Either X-ray 1, X-ray 2, or option to use both BUT are chosen at random when you execute the X-ray.

STORY MODE ADD-ON:

-Add-on content to the already developed story mode BUT to include MORE CHAPTERS with ALL the DLC Characters + Goro thrown into the mix (MINUS Jason and The Predator or any future GUEST Character DLC, if we get another... Also do not include a playable chapter for Korrupted Shinnok)

-Adding more interactive scenes in story mode. While it was fun and interesting to play... there just wasn't enough of it.. it started to die down after the few initial chapters. There were also times they could have reintroduced this interactivity in certain later chapters but it was not made of use?... weird... anyways, adding in more of these "interactive button pressing" elements to EXISTING and NEWLY created chapters would GREATLY increase REPLAY value 10 fold!!!!! *** Also the inclusion of toggling this option ON or OFF under "Options menu" (a GREAT idea thought of by a member below)****

So I believe that all of these things should be included into the Xtreme Edition of MKX. What are your thoughts Maybe I forgot something?

:D

This would all be lovely but I'm not going to get my hopes up. Netherrealm Studios isn't going to reward us with all of those goodies. I doubt the DLC characters will get any skins. Tag team mode was said to be unpopular so I don't see that happening, unfortunately. The rest of the stuff could happen but probably won't just because I don't see them putting that much work into a game that's already completed but hey, we can dream, right?

They absolutely will not add any more Story mode-related content. It's just not worth it.

For the fans, it would be worth it. I'd love to see Tremor make a proper appearance in the story mode, even if it is something as small as being the one to help Kano narrowly escape from Kotal's grasp after the distraction is provided by Tanya. I'd also like to see the dark skinned Tanya model replace the current lame ass one in the story mode. Unfortunately, though, Netherrealm Studios probably doesn't share my views.

I personally don't give a rat's ass for the story mode.

I said it before, I would remove the story mode entirely if it meant 5 more playable characters.

Lol. Yeaaaaa. So 90's. Ahahhaa. I would honestly pay $60 for just a tag team update to mkx. Lol. I freekin loved tag team in mk9. Made it really stand out from all the other fighters

Yeah, street fighter x tekken, tekken tag, all of the marvel vs capcoms never had tag teams

I dont know why they said tag team mode was unpoplar in MK9. it really made me play the game longer. And you could even play 4 players... 2vs2 (each of the 4 players could controll one of the characters on screen. Epic!)

I mean, I miss tag team mode too... But it's not something I want essentially added back to this game. I really didn't like playing it online.

The only things that I would just have them focus on making are three things:

1.) Characters - Non-playables obviously, and maybe a new character or two? It's doubtful for the new characters, but the non-playables are definite.

2.) Arenas - I didn't mind the number that we got, but I don't think adding probably two-three arenas, classic of course, to the game would be a bad thing.

3.) Costumes - Only to the characters that still just have a primary and a secondary. No more to Scorpion. We get it, he's the Victoria's Secret model of Mortal Kombat. All the returnees don't need another "klassic" costume or some random goofy one.

Give the newbies some outfits. I mean, here's more chances to shine them off so they don't become what the 3D era characters became.

Last edited:
Ahahahh the victoria secret model. Lol u made me laugh bro. Even subzero and kitana and lui kang were in that category... lol. I TOTALY AGREE BRO. the newbies need an alternate.