Anyone prefer MK9 over MKX?

poptdp

Title.

I like the setting of MK9 better, the roster and also the fact that the story is based on the MK1-3 tournaments. It has nicer stages too (shang tsung's island, courtyard, the subway, etc).

For MKX, I like the darker and grittier feel, the brutality and sound effects of the combos and some of the characters like Shinnok and Erron Black.

I think overall though I prefer MK9.

Thoughts?

Nah, MKX beats MK9 beats all departments but the missing challenge tower and the odd MKX jump priority.

MKX.

I would love them to patch in a challenge tower and I'd have made a few tweaks to the launch roster, but overall it's a much better game than MK9. That said, I do love MK9 and I understand the klassic trilogy appeal it holds, but it is an inferior game.

Stages = MK9

Characters = MK9

Gameplay = MKX

Story = MK9

Graphics = MKX (Obviously)

Online = MKX

DLC = MKX

Single player content = MKX

Mk9 trumps MKX in the gameplay department. It isn't as braindead.

All MKX has going for it is its pretty face.

MK9 for me. It's not as pretty as MKX, but I find it more enjoyable because of it's bigger roster, more streamlined gameplay, more stages, stage fatalities, better and longer story mode, awesome character designs and general lack of SJW elements.

MKX does look nice and is a good game, but it feels rushed, half done and built to pander to the SJW/Tumblrina crowd. NRS went all out with MK9, but MKX is so far a big, DLC shilling letdown.

I am not even to going argue back how much better, and sexy, MKX females look compared to the male-faced trangenders with boobs and vaginas MK9 had.

And honestly, Kung Jin's sexuality approach as subtle and powerful as it could have ever been. It wasn't in your face at all. It's just a part of who he is, but doesn't define his character or gameplay.

So... ya... Look at Li Mei, Kitana and Mileena's designs - old strippers looking like fighters this time around. And wow Sonya ACTUALLY looking military - that's clearly some "feminist" bullshit there!

Nothing wrong with X at all. I do miss Tag Team, but that's about it from 2011. Other than that, I prefer X over 2011 all the way.

There'd be nothing wrong with a transgender character either. Poison is pretty popular over in Capcomland.
I like Poison. I used the word "transgender" because almost all females in MK9 looked way too manly... It's beyond me, as a straight man, how can anyone take those designs remotely seriously or even "sexy"...

I still fail to see where any of this 'pandering' is in MKX.

A gay man exists. He doesn't have a love interest or even say the word gay. All he does is exist!

Because they did a heel turn with their sexuality. I'm not somebody who tugs pud to pixels, but I cannot stand when devs cave. The MK team has been making sluttty costumes for decades now. Do you really think they all of a sudden started caring about their depiction of broads? They're just trying to get some good boy points with the betas of the internet. Look at MKX's concept art, they were STILL planning revealing costumes for this game too. Toning down Kitana's proportions? Why? For realism? SHE'S 10,000 YEARS OLD

I get you, but the critical blowback to MK9 specifically with regard to the female character designs was pretty significant. I think it was less 'pandering' and more realizing they'd gone too far. Mileena and Kitana and Tanya are still showing plenty of skin in this game, you just can't see their actual pubic mounds.