Anyone prefer MK9 over MKX?

I prefer MKX over MK9 because it has almost all of my favourite characters in the game. It's just missing Fujin.

And it has better gameplay.

Last edited:
The only thing that I preferred in MK9 over MKX is the run-block.

Aside from that, MKX feels VASTLY superior to MK9 (for me) in every single way.
The roster is better and more diverse, giving us 8 new characters and not as many MK3 characters (which is great), FOR ONCE.
The gameplay is quicker and better paced in MKX, IMO.
The offline modes / Living Towers / Klassic Towers / Faction War Tower in MKX offer more replayability in MKX than MK9 did.
The 3 variations allow for more match up options, meaning that I'm not stuck with a slow ass, zoning, defensive Sub-Zero if I use Cryomancer in MKX.
Some of the new characters also feel great to use, as I'm between Ronin Takeda and Shirai Ryu Takeda.

I wouldn't say MK9 was better than MKX, but it did hold my interest a lot longer than MKX did. Each DLC release for MK9 kept me on board, whereas I'm super bitter and annoyed with MKX's DLC characters.

Jason - Pointless addition.
Tanya - Should have been on the roster from day one. (which connects to the serious issues I have with MKX's roster overall)
Predator - He's cool, I guess.
Tremor - Huge disappointment.

But at the same time... MKX is visually more impressive, took a huge chance with the new characters and knocked it out of the park and feels a little more finished than MK9 did (but still not complete).

So in the end, I'd say there are equals. A lot of things pissed me off about both games. But they also brought back my love for the series. So I can't be too mad.

If MK9 had Faction Kills and Brutalities with special moves selectable rather than variations and if it had the graphics of MKX, that would've been my ideal MK game. It should characters from MKX and MK9. That would've been more like it.

A lot people from my scene who played MK9 on a hardcore level all dropped MKX. They just don't think it's a very good game.

I prefer MKX over MK9 because it has almost all of my favourite characters in the game. It's just missing Fujin.

And it has better gameplay.

It's got Shinnok, Tanya and Tremor in who are returning characters from a previous MK Game that weren't in MK9. You talk nonsense.

A lot people from my scene who played MK9 on a hardcore level all dropped MKX. They just don't think it's a very good game.

Lol That's nonsense. It's the same game with better graphics and new features. The only thing slightly off about it is the roster (it just doesn't make much sense) and the fact that it's missing a proper challenge tower.

Have they said why?

50/50s. The flow of the game, being able to dash backward and forward freely to whiff punish someone. More consistent anti-air. They're also sick of patches being released way too soon and characters getting nerfed all the time.

I dont prefer one game over the other I still play both, I love both games. They are both really good games. It really feels like people are treating this like the Sf franchise with Sf3rds and sf4 they are both great fighting games. I see people b1tc4ing about Mkx because its not like Mk9 i personally I think its stupid, but then again Im good at adapting to things so maybe Im the only one who finds it stupid.

I miss ever the top character damages from mk9, it fitted violent tone of series pretty well. I don`t like these ps2 era generic dirt stains and scratches :/

I miss ever the top character damages from mk9, it fitted violent tone of series pretty well. I don`t like these ps2 era generic dirt stains and scratches :/

MK9's "battle damage" was ridiculous. MKX's makes more sense... even if it is just a little on the light side.

Lol That's nonsense. It's the same game with better graphics and new features. The only thing slightly off about it is the roster (it just doesn't make much sense) and the fact that it's missing a proper challenge tower.

He's talking about high level gameplay.