Resident Evil 2 Remake confirmed!!!

lariat

Capcom, (obviously seeing the dollar signs after raking in massive sales from the Resident Evil Remake) has decided to Remake Resident Evil 2! This announcement comes as no surprise to me considering to huge cry out for this game over the years. Details are few and far between but …..just the fact they finally confirmed it is enough! Capcom….. PLEASE DONT F THIS UP!

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/resident_evil_2_remake/news/resident_evil_2_remake_officially_in_development_capcom_confirms.html

I actually came here for the first time in ages today to see if someone rushed to post an article about Res Evil 2. They will f it up if Shinji isn't involved. I imagine it will have 2 player online co-op with Leon and Claire.

I actually came here for the first time in ages today to see if someone rushed to post an article about Res Evil 2. They will f it up if Shinji isn't involved. I imagine it will have 2 player online co-op with Leon and Claire.

That's a pretty damn ridiculous statement, I hope you're just exaggerating.

Capcom knows how many people love this game, and it's one of their most popular titles so it's most certainly going to receive a proper treatment. About the only thing I can be worried about is them changing RE2 Leon to RE4 Leon since that's what they did with Darkside Chronicles and Operation Raccoon City, it was basically RE4 Leon in a RPD outfit. I love Resident Evil 2 more than anyone I know, I still play it and Re3 on my original Ps2, not even my PS3 frequently for the best experience so all my hype is going into this game.

I cannot wait. This is going to be awesome if turns out to be something like RE1 Remake. Even though i'd prefer them to do RE3.

Capcom knows how many people love this game, and it's one of their most popular titles so it's most certainly going to receive a proper treatment. About the only thing I can be worried about is them changing RE2 Leon to RE4 Leon since that's what they did with Darkside Chronicles and Operation Raccoon City, it was basically RE4 Leon in a RPD outfit. I love Resident Evil 2 more than anyone I know, I still play it and Re3 on my original Ps2, not even my PS3 frequently for the best experience so all my hype is going into this game.

Lol Capcom knows how many people loved their series yet they still sent it to hell with these recent titles. Resident Evil 2 is in my top five games of all time so don't tell me that you love the game more than anyone you know and expect me not to be knowledgeable or incapable of a proper conversation regarding the status of the series as a whole. This remake can either be really good or straight up awful. I'm willing to bet it'll be bad, though, because of how disappointing Capcom has been as of late. Rather than remaking games, they need to either do an origins story for Wesker (which would be the one of the only games in the series that makes sense to be an adventure game) or finally give Barry his own game.

My only question is will they allow over the shoulder. I know we all like the tank controls and fixed cameras, but their is a lot more they can add with the ots mechanics such as:
-Limiting the view so we can't see behind ourselves, adding fear
-More Difficult to attack larger BOWs with headshots like with ORC
-The Ability to fit more zombies onto the screen at once (since the space would probably be larger in the city)
-Better Aim Controls

Also, they did great with this in Revelations. As much as I like the original mechanics, I really feel they need to change the controls as simply having updated graphics and models wouldn't really make it much of a remake.

Resident Evil 2 is in my top five games of all time so don't tell me that you love the game more than anyone you know and expect me not to be knowledgeable or incapable of a proper conversation regarding the status of the series as a whole.

I'm willing to bet it'll be bad, though, because of how disappointing Capcom has been as of late. Rather than remaking games, they need to either do an origins story for Wesker (which would be the one of the only games in the series that makes sense to be an adventure game) or finally give Barry his own game.

giphy.gif

No.

No. Name a good Resident Evil game that didn't have Shinjis involvement? Thats right there aren't any. I'm gonna wait and see. Been wanting this for ages. Their track record isn't good.

No. Name a good Resident Evil game that didn't have Shinjis involvement? Thats right there aren't any. I'm gonna wait and see. Been wanting this for ages. Their track record isn't good.

He also directed Evil Within which wasn't even that great of a game, Capcom can do just fine without him. They are completely aware of how the fans are going to take this project seriously so stop putting all your eggs in one basket.

I personally loved Resident Evil Revelations 1, it was a great step in the right direction. Can't say I'm a huge fan of the sequel though, I still have yet to finish it, probably because coop would make it miles better.

He also directed Evil Within which wasn't even that great of a game, Capcom can do just fine without him. They are completely aware of how the fans are going to take this project seriously so stop putting all your eggs in one basket.

I have valid concerns. They managed to mess up SFXT they can mess up anything. Evil Within was pretty good. Not great, but one of the better horror titles in recent years, it just went a bit weird towards the end IMO.

We will see though. I really hope it's good. I just worry it will be a half arsed open world game with online co op.

I have valid concerns. They managed to mess up SFXT they can mess up anything. Evil Within was pretty good. Not great, but one of the better horror titles in recent years, it just went a bit weird towards the end IMO.

We will see though. I really hope it's good. I just worry it will be a half arsed open world game with online co op.
I Personally feel that Capcom is in a financal bind given they had sony fund Street Fighter 5. Games are so expensive now that it's best to play it safe and not to piss off your core fan base by changing things that made your games special to begin with. RE2 was a game about being alone, affraid and trying to find survivers after a horrifing incident. Placing coop in a game like RE2 would ruin the horror aspect of the game set by the creators IMO. RE2 was a survival horror game not a action coop game like RE5 and 6.

Sure took them long enough. I wish it happen sooner around when the PS3 and 360 where brand new. We would get a remake of RE3 by now.

they should do a remake for all of them up to re4. like a re0,1,2,3,cvx,4 all in a physical copy collection on ps4/xbox one. it would sell like crazy.

RE4 and CVX do not need to be remade, they still hold up well to this day, especially RE4 being in HD.

RE0 isn't being remade either, it's just going to be a HD edition, and like CVX and RE4, it's fine due to it looking like REmake.