Storm Collectibles new action figures soon.

NathanCorsini

Goro from MK1, Sub-Zero and Scorpion from MK2. They're all so amazing and very well detailed.

Storm-Collectibles-at-Seoul-Kid-and-Adult-Fair-007.jpg

Storm-Collectibles-at-Seoul-Kid-and-Adult-Fair-009.jpg

Storm-Collectibles-at-Seoul-Kid-and-Adult-Fair-012.jpg

Storm-Collectibles-at-Seoul-Kid-and-Adult-Fair-010.jpg

Storm-Collectibles-at-Seoul-Kid-and-Adult-Fair-011.jpg

1.jpg

Last edited:
I was planning buying all Mezco MK af, but right now i think i'm just going to wait. This is MUCH more better (i know it's more expensive, but its not as expensive as PopCultureShock statues), and i'm really hoping they'll do MK2 Kitana and Mileena. Nobody ever did justice for those great designs.

Amazing news, and FYI anyone unaware, these figures are in 1/12 scale (6-inch).

Here's my initial comments on the figures anyway:

While I can instantly see these are not 100% accurate to the original designs (which is a shame), I am still beyond excited about this as it's one of my top dream action figure lines ever. I'm also quite pleased Mezco aren't the ones doing it, after seeing their fairly lacklustre efforts on the MK X line, both in terms of lack of commitment/depth of character selection and mediocre quality of the actual product.

I do wish Storm Collectibles had stayed 100% accurate to the original designs and actors for these. But I guess it was always gonna be optomistic to expect Netherrealm to pay the original actors to use their likenesses. So I guess part of the stylizing is for that reason.

I'd say Goro looks the worst of the three, which is surprising considering the original puppet still exists at netherrealm studios and they wouldn't have to dodge using anyone's likeness. But perhaps they'd have to pay the original sculptor or something, I dunno.

Last edited:
Yeah Goro does look the worst, the face especially. Looks more like MKD Goro than MK1 to me. I'm totally gonna get one of these though, especially if they make a Cage one. Nice find!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

[MENTION=16963]theassassin[/MENTION] removed it already, sorry!

And i'm really hoping they will bring us MK2 Kitana and Mileena. They were never done in such a cool way. Mileena was done by a very old company and she was ugly as hell.

New photos from New York Comic Con!!

I am seriously in love with these!! FINALLY some high-quality 6-inch-scale CLASSIC MK figures!!

SOURCE: http://news.toyark.com/2015/10/08/n...-scale-figures-from-storm-collectibles-177912

Great to see Goro in proper articulated form. The new head (snarling) looks awesome too, I like that a lot better than the serious one, though it's nice to have the choice.

I notice the alternate "cloth-style" masks for Sub-Zero and Scorpion aren't displayed here (but were shown previously). I hope that doesn't mean they aren't being included anymore. But then Scorpion's spear accessory (which again was shown previously) is also missing from the new display and I can't see them not including that. Plus they're showing two Goro heads here so it wouldn't make sense for him to have 2 heads and the ninjas not have 2 masks.

Shame they didn't show any brand new figures but as long as the line is moving forward I'm happy.

Last edited:
A friend of mine was at NYCC and spoke with a representative of Storm about these.

They will be priced at about $40. Goro will be a bit more since he's a bigger figure.

They'll all have a tray of accessories packaged with them.

And they're currently working on more Kombatants.

A friend of mine was at NYCC and spoke with a representative of Storm about these.

They will be priced at about $40. Goro will be a bit more since he's a bigger figure.

Awesome thanks for the info. $40 is a good price point, should ensure high quality figures with plenty of accessories.

These figures look so great, I just hope they are successful enough that they can make ALL the characters from MK1, MK2, MK3, UMK3, MKT and MK4! Heck I would even buy background characters like Masked Guards, Shadow Priests, and rumor characters like Nimbus Terrafaux!

Any info on when they are coming? Its been such a long time that i even forgot about those action figures haha

Any info on when they are coming? Its been such a long time that i even forgot about those action figures haha

Your guess is as good as mine there. I was told that we were also supposed to be getting an official statement on their site soon, though. I apologize, I forgot to mention that.

New pics of the Storm Collectables Classic MK figures from Toyfair 2016:

http://news.toyark.com/2016/02/13/t...lectibles-mortal-kombat-street-fighter-193420

No new figures shown, just Sub-Zero, Scorpion and Goro again. But if you look closely it seems the colored sash parts covering the Ninja torsos/crotch have been resculpted to have more of a "3D quilted" look (not just an "etched-grid" look as previously), also the kickpads and kneepads have had additional details and depth added. Finally Goro has some new clenched-fist hands. Think that's all the differences since we last saw them.

Glad to see these are still being worked on and improved, I am still hugely looking forward to these so I can FINALLY add some high-quality 6-inch CLASSIC style MK figures to my collection!!

I wish I had some Mortal Kombat action figures but I don't. All I have is the TMNT's, some wrestler's from WCW and Arnold Schwarzeneggar as Jack Slater action figure from Last Action Hero. I may get a Sub-Zero one or a Scorpion one in the future.