D'Vorah or Sadira

reikoiskahn

I'm up late and can't sleep because I'm super excited about moving tomorrow (heading to NYC for those wondering). That being said, I have a question for you all: D'Vorah or Sadira?

I know we're all Mortal Kombat fans here but many of you like different video games and genres so I thought I'd propose the question here. Knowing how similar both are in terms of their insect-like nature, affinity for the color yellow (D'Vorah's skin is yellow and Sadira's eyes glow yellow, along with the jewels on her), the fact their names have translations rooted in Middle Eastern countries (Israel and Persia respectively) and their overall attire, I wonder who everyone prefers. Personally, I am not a huge fan of D'Vorah but I can appreciate her being a new character that impacted the storyline significantly and was not just a punching bag. I also am not completely familiar with the lore of Killer Instinct but I do not believe that plays a factor in my choice because Sadira, to my understanding, is a new character. That being said, I'll give the nod to D'Vorah. What about you guys?

Something to consider:
*Sadira debuted in the gaming world first, which could lead one to wonder if Netherrealm Studios got inspired to create D'Vorah by her.

D'Vorah is much more fleshed out character than Sadira, but I like Sadira's aesthetics infinitely more.

9840282766_d4815745e7_o_by_wolpack-d6n2d0i.gif

D'Vorah is much more fleshed out character than Sadira, but I like Sadira's aesthetics infinitely more.

9840282766_d4815745e7_o_by_wolpack-d6n2d0i.gif

I think Sadira is much more visually pleasing but you're right; D'Vorah is more developed. Still, even she has some unanswered questions. I've yet to find out why she started aiding the Brotherhood of Shadow and what her ultimate goal is now that Shinnok is beheaded.

I'm unclear as to who your vote goes to, though, B. Enlighten me?

Sadira. I almost bought KI for her, almost.

Looks like it is D'Vorah 1 and Sadira 2. I thought there were more D'Vorah fans on here than that but I guess they just did not choose to comment on the matter. That's cool. What do you like most about Sadira? Again, I don't know too much about Killer Instinct. To be real, had I never played the old games, I would have just assumed Jago was a knockoff Sub-Zero, lol.

Side note: Shirayuki, are you going to make a banner for Tremor, too?

Sadira...

KI, IMHO, is just a lot more fun (especially online -- sorry, i had too) than MK (and IMHO, even SF 4).

Devorah is more fleshed out but that's cause MK is a much higher budget game with a full story mode. It would be sad if she wasn't...

I like D'Vorah alot... as a character... not her gameplay. And I think NRS kinda fell flat with her design.

But I love playing as Sadira, her design, and though it's rather lacking, I like her story as well. KI was never strong on the story side though, but that Sadira is the leader of an all-female assassin cult that worships a huge spider and has gained spider-like powers through it... that's just awesome!

So Sadira gets my vote. But I do indeed like D'Vorah... I just hope NRS will improve on both her design and gameplay in future games.

I haven't heard of Sadira before, so I just looked into her background. She looks awesome and darkly inclined. My vote goes for her too as she's aesthetically pleasing to me and I like her story.

I do like playing as D'vorah and like her design, mainly the swarm queen look because of the hooded cloak. However, I hate her in the story mode for obvious reasons. I try to forget it happened lol