MK11's new hero (protagonist)?

Admittedly, I skipped a few pages and have no idea what's going on above. But as far as the topic is concerned, I feel like Fujin has to play a bigger role in MK11, and will probably take up the mentorship of Kung Jin since Raiden went all darkside, and he's got a connection to Kung Lao, and by extension, Liu Kang. I'd love to see a new protagonist (and one that gets fleshed out a bit more than MKX's newcomers) but I'm leaning toward Kung Jin here.

Unless they decide to just keep moving forward with Cassie. I wasn't bothered by her quite as much as others, but she is pretty vanilla.

I would like Fujin to play a part but they made him look pretty weak in the MKX story mode, he and Raiden combined couldn't intimidate Quan Chi? he did little tornado's instead of a wind that just blew all of the demons away at once? these guys are gods right? I get toning the powers down if they are in the tournament but that was a weak part in the story in that game, they weren't any more powerful than a regular kombatant.

5byaep.jpg

I'm not and I don't care. The only thing that matters is that the white self-hatred is swelling in you now.
giphy.gif

I don't care what your ethnicity/nationality is those arms are welcome in my house any day LOL

With the timelines merging and past selves being brought back, I'm really hoping they don't just rehash Injustice 1's story where they bring in good Raiden to fight evil Raiden.

Same here.
This whole reverse timeline thing for MK11 just feels like another cop-out for Quan Chi is dead, so let's reverse time and bring a bunch of dead characters back, since our previous scape-goat / necromancer for bringing people back is dead as of MKX.
I hope that I'm wrong, though, as I'd love to see some more new faces and some 3D era folks returning, as well.
Who knows? Maybe this whole timeline could retcon some of the plot-hole ridden MKX comics and bring back Reiko and Daegon.
Personally, I'd like to see a nice Dark Raiden vs Fujin fight, with Fujin now being EarthRealm's protector.

I don't care what your ethnicity/nationality is those arms are welcome in my house any day LOL

Get your own guns. Just remember...

"Eat Clen. Tren hard. Test your limits. DBOLish your goals. GHet huge. Keep husSLIN. Winny it all. Anavar give up!" :)

Get your own guns. Just remember...

"Eat Clen. Tren hard. Test your limits. DBOLish your goals. GHet huge. Keep husSLIN. Winny it all. Anavar give up!" :)

Haha, hey I don't want to do that much work I just want to enjoy the ones other people worked to get LOL. You really do have some awesome arms man, clearly you work hard on them.

Actually I barely work on my arms. For me it's all about the TRIFORCE...

black_hoodie_jpg.png

Also unless you're a chick I'm not coming over.

I would like Fujin to play a part but they made him look pretty weak in the MKX story mode, he and Raiden combined couldn't intimidate Quan Chi? he did little tornado's instead of a wind that just blew all of the demons away at once? these guys are gods right? I get toning the powers down if they are in the tournament but that was a weak part in the story in that game, they weren't any more powerful than a regular kombatant.

While I agree with you, I think they made them a little weaker to not be able to fight that many demons AND Shinnok, who is supposed to be stronger (unless a DNA ex machina happens).

Now, Quan Chi was very nerfed. Remember MK:DA/MKD Quan Chi defeated Shang Tsung after beating Raiden. He helped defeat Shao Kahn and Liu Kang, and could endure a little longer in the Battle of Armageddon.

Guess the amulet was what gave him much more strength. MKX Quan Chi was a dummy for everybody.

Sometimes I still doubt he was that loyal to Shinnok. Just doesn't make sense to what he had been for decades.

I just think that Shinnok in the old timeline was made into a push-over character.
He's the guy who killed Lucifer and his minions and took his throne in hell (according to Mythologies: Sub-Zero), yet in MK4 it fails to portray that.
At least in Mythologies and MKX it showed Shinnok being more of a character worthy of the "boss" title, with him not only being more powerful, but also transforming into Corrupted Shinnok.

With the timelines merging and past selves being brought back, I'm really hoping they don't just rehash Injustice 1's story where they bring in good Raiden to fight evil Raiden.

They could have Raiden split into two if they want do a good vs evil Raiden battle.

Cassie, Takeda or Taven. I feel like if Taven comes into the story he's going to get 6th Ranger treatment if Ed Boon still likes him.

Although, since Ronda Rousey is playing Sonya ... Sonya is gonna play a big role probably whether it's killing Kano, saving the day or getting killed so that Cassie gets another Last Dragon boost.

I don't know. I'm hoping to be surprised. Maybe we'll get every MK hero to team up across the timeline. So it'll really be Liu Kang, Shujinko, Taven and Cassie taking on the big bads
357f4cefbe62a5a71723bcc215f87dd9.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I would lose my shit if Kai finally got to be the main protagonist. I thought he had so much potential but fell off tremendously after his debut.

I'd love for them to go back to Taven as protagonist

You're the first person I've seen dig Taven. Most folks will say they like Daegon. I'd love to know why you like Taven. I kind of was indifferent to him. He just seemed generic to me but maybe you saw something I didn't?

I'd like Cetrion or Jade to be the new main protagonist.

I could dig Jade getting that big push but has there been any information actually released for Centrion? Don't drop me any spoilers, I'm just wondering if there's been enough for me personally to get behind the character, haha.

I could dig Jade getting that big push but has there been any information actually released for Centrion? Don't drop me any spoilers, I'm just wondering if there's been enough for me personally to get behind the character, haha.

No confirmation but I really hope Cetrion does exist and is a good playable character.

You're the first person I've seen dig Taven. Most folks will say they like Daegon. I'd love to know why you like Taven. I kind of was indifferent to him. He just seemed generic to me but maybe you saw something I didn't?

I've seen many people like Taven, what are you talking about? Maybe we're just in different Mortal Kombat circles. I'm in a discord where very old and savvy Mortal Kombat fans love Taven (and Daegon). BruskPoetProductions, who always does videos about Mortal Kombat, says Taven is his favourite 3D era charcater.

Heck, even Shawn Kittelsen, the writer of the game, tweeted that he loves Havik, Reiko, Daegon and Taven from the 3D era.

His gameplay was bad, but it was bad because the 3D era was bad for everyone. But the backstory is amazing. Please, please, try to read this part I made about the Edenian events 10.000 years ago:

https://www.trmk.org/forums/showthr...t-storyline-respecting-the-entire-known-canon

Also, they could do a lot with his moves in game. He could have a dragon coming from above like the SF characters have clones. And how cool would that be for fatalities Also, Taven has some time stopping powers.

He was cool overall, much cooler than the kombat kids. He beat the shit out of everyone and showed how strong he is in story mode. He has a tragic relation with his brother and hopes he can save him. He had great intercations with Sub-Zero, who also wished to save his brother, so they were 2 great warriors understanding each other. He beat Sonya, Fujin, Sub-Zero, Goro, Raiden, Scorpion and Daegon in a row, a feat that nobody has achieved.

Has his own dragon, what's cooler than that? Looks like Ben badass Affleck :D