MK11's new hero (protagonist)?

With Liu Kang turned evil and Raiden who once defeated Shao Kahn with the Elder gods' help now turned dark, and Cassie Cage who defeated Shinnok, will we expect a new hero to take over?

A "new hope" since Luke Skywalker of Star Wars?

I don't expect Shujinko and/or Taven to take over again.

If Liu Kang & Kitana won't have an offspring who comes from the future, maybe a new character from the future will do that to save the realms.

I'd like Taven to come back.

A Taven vs Liu Kang showdown is something I'd pay big money to see!

I hated Cassie being the protagonist. However, Taven is the most generic, boring character. Let's have someone else be it, but anyone but him.

The whole Special Forces ruined this game. SF has always been the most irrelevant, incompetent faction in the series of Mortal Kombat. Why in the hell would they make them the focal point of this game? Give them so many roster spots to plain humans in a game about gods and monsters. I absolutely love Jacqui Briggs, but I would trade the whole Special Forces team for just Baraka.

The whole Special Forces ruined this game. SF has always been the most irrelevant, incompetent faction in the series of Mortal Kombat. Why in the hell would they make them the focal point of this game? Give them so many roster spots to plain humans in a game about gods and monsters. I absolutely love Jacqui Briggs, but I would trade the whole Special Forces team for just Baraka.

While I like the Special Forces, I can't say I disagree with this.

My vote goes to Kung Jin. He has a distinct(ish) personality and he's related to some of the greatest Earthrealm warriors of all time. I want to see him step up to the plate.

It simply makes sense.

2/2 contemporary MK games have focused on Earthrealm being physically invaded by vast demonic armies. I don't know about you, but I don't want Scorpion and Sub-Zero turning into the Avengers to save the day.

It makes sense that the good guys would have to become an organized military group to combat that kind of threat. I'm not saying MKX didn't overdo the focus on SF, but I am saying that some increased focus was absolutely inevitable.

It's horseshit though! The focus of the game should have been on Outworld's civil war. Shao Kahn has ruled Outworld for thousands of years. So his realm getting a new ruler is like Earthrealm getting a new Protector. But instead it gets glossed over and set aside so we can focus on some unproven runts.

Instead of Sub-Zero's chapter being about him reclaiming the Lin Kuei and fighting off droves of Cyborgs, it's about him playing roughhouse with some tykes in a training exercise. Kotal Kahn's chapter could have shown his crawl to power. Show him recruiting his allies and finish it off with the coup scene. But no, he gets his ass kicked by an 18 year old. Liu Kang getting a chapter of him fighting off the fiends of hell, ending with a rigged match against Quan Chi where he finally assumes total control.

It was shown in the comic, I know. But it isn't like a timeskip storyline was even necessary.

Cassie, Kung Jin, Jacqui, and Takeda will probably return since why just have them for one game and drop them like flies for the next all because a few didn't like that the kids did all the fun stuff while the parents were incapacitated/unable to get the job done?

Yeah, I didn't like that it was Cassie who nailed the final blow to Shinnok, I don't like her as much as I do with the other characters that were new to the game, but unfortunately that was who we got stuck with and I'm certain that she'll appear for the next game.

With Taven, hell no do I want him to return. He was the most boring character ever. I hated conquest, despite that I loved what they did with it, all because Taven was boring. No, I'd like for them not to rely on Taven to become the next protagonist. And if they are, they better give him a better personality and other stuff... I'm not doubting that they will since they gave us all unique personalities with X, but still. I like his brother more than I do with Taven.

It's horseshit though! The focus of the game should have been on Outworld's civil war. Shao Kahn has ruled Outworld for thousands of years. So his realm getting a new ruler is like Earthrealm getting a new Protector. But instead it gets glossed over and set aside so we can focus on some unproven runts.

Instead of Sub-Zero's chapter being about him reclaiming the Lin Kuei and fighting off droves of Cyborgs, it's about him playing roughhouse with some tykes in a training exercise. Kotal Kahn's chapter could have shown his crawl to power. Show him recruiting his allies and finish it off with the coup scene. But no, he gets his ass kicked by an 18 year old. Liu Kang getting a chapter of him fighting off the fiends of hell, ending with a rigged match against Quan Chi where he finally assumes total control.

It was shown in the comic, I know. But it isn't like a timeskip storyline was even necessary.

I agree with pretty much everything you said. I would only qualify that S-F wasn't the problem, it was a symptom of the problem. NRS was very wasteful with the screentime they had. They gave fights away like the storymode was ten hours long.

"Kotal Kahn assassination attempt! Four fights, go go go! Sub-Zero trains kids! Four fights, hell to the yeah! Takeda breaks out of a prison, three fights, what do you mean this isn't moving the story along?! Jax beats up Quan Chi's goons! Four fights of Jax beating up Quan Chi's goons! All right!"

S-F actually had the right amount of screentime. It's everything else that had too little.

Is it me or NRS planted the seed for an edenian revolution in MK11? The whole chat between Rain and Kotal and Tanya's involvement... It would be cool to have a game focused on that (like I said many times), that way an edenian could be the protagonist.

Rain and Tanya, water and fire, that's a cool antagonistic duo.

I'd rather see Orderrealm and Chaosrealm return more than Edenia.

With the amount of Edenians we have, I'd like to see a game WITHOUT an Edenian for once. Take focus on two other realms that could easily have a big role in the series. Since everyone likes Havik, there you go. There's one big character from these realms.

I'm surprise that Scorpion hasn't been a main hero of the MK games yet given how he is the series mascot. Cassie would have been a good main hero if she was developed more. Not to mention it would have been better if they had Cassie, Jaqui, Takeda, Kung Jin and Raiden all defeat Shinnok together in one attack then just have Cassie beat him with some deus ex machina.

I hope to see more to Cassie, Takeda and Kung Jin. Wouldn't mind seeing them return to be the main protagonists in MK11. I'd love to have Takeda's and Kenshi's Arcade endings be canon too, getting Taven back as a playable character, aiding the heroes. ^^

I agree completely!