MK11's new hero (protagonist)?

I've seen many people like Taven, what are you talking about? Maybe we're just in different Mortal Kombat circles. I'm in a discord where very old and savvy Mortal Kombat fans love Taven (and Daegon). BruskPoetProductions, who always does videos about Mortal Kombat, says Taven is his favourite 3D era charcater.

Heck, even Shawn Kittelsen, the writer of the game, tweeted that he loves Havik, Reiko, Daegon and Taven from the 3D era.

His gameplay was bad, but it was bad because the 3D era was bad for everyone. But the backstory is amazing. Please, please, try to read this part I made about the Edenian events 10.000 years ago:

https://www.trmk.org/forums/showthr...t-storyline-respecting-the-entire-known-canon

Also, they could do a lot with his moves in game. He could have a dragon coming from above like the SF characters have clones. And how cool would that be for fatalities Also, Taven has some time stopping powers.

He was cool overall, much cooler than the kombat kids. He beat the shit out of everyone and showed how strong he is in story mode. He has a tragic relation with his brother and hopes he can save him. He had great intercations with Sub-Zero, who also wished to save his brother, so they were 2 great warriors understanding each other. He beat Sonya, Fujin, Sub-Zero, Goro, Raiden, Scorpion and Daegon in a row, a feat that nobody has achieved.

Has his own dragon, what's cooler than that? Looks like Ben badass Affleck :D

What am I talking about? I think I stated it already, man. I don't know many people that like Taven. What's so difficult to understand about that?

I don't think the age thing factors in here. I've been playing MK since the very first one, as have a lot of people I know. When it comes to 3D era characters, Havik seems to be everyone's favorite, second only to Kenshi. Also, isn't Bruskpoet like 17 or 18? I think he said Deception was the first game he played.

I'm not saying that you can't like who you like. I was just curious about why you liked him since I never got to speak with anyone that liked him.

He seems super generic to me. He is literally a mashup of other more popular, established characters. The brother vs brother thing has been done with the Sub-Zeros. Liu Kang is already our resident dragon user. Who knows, though? Maybe he could be re-introduced and become interesting with proper development.

I hate Taven and Daegon. They were terrible ass-pull characters and I hope they never take the main light again.

I liked Taven. He wasn't the best character, but he served his purpose. I mostly like him because he was the protagonist of a Konquest mode I like a lot, his thing with Daegon is pretty BS. But one thing that I like him is his view about the MK universe. I don't think he's ever going back as main something, Ed Boon doesn't like him, but I would like to see him in something as important as Kenshi's ending, and that's it. Now that the Armageddon his mother saw was avoided, his quest has no purpose.

[...]

Now, about a protagonist, if this means the one that will defeat Kronika, call me biased as you want, but it's gotta be Raiden. This trilogy is all about him, and he is a GOD there's gotta be someone like him to defeat her. Also, it's very clear MK11 will give him a huge spotlight.

Still, if it isn't Raiden, it's a must to be someone capable of bearing the deed. Either Liu Kang, who has defeated Goro, Shang Tsung, Shao Kahn TWICE and Shinnok in the original timeline, or who knows if Cetrion won't be more important than we thought. Other than that, I only believe someone like Shinnok (unlikely) or Shao Kahn (no chance) would be able to beat her.

No Emerald power this time, even if Johnny Cage looks amazing (and let's agree he does). I already digested MKX well, but twice in a row will be difficult. She's the boss of the bosses man.

Taven has the same level of personality as white bread. He always been my least favorite character in the series and probably won't be back unless Armageddon happens again.

I liked Taven. He wasn't the best character, but he served his purpose. I mostly like him because he was the protagonist of a Konquest mode I like a lot, his thing with Daegon is pretty BS. But one thing that I like him is his view about the MK universe. I don't think he's ever going back as main something, Ed Boon doesn't like him, but I would like to see him in something as important as Kenshi's ending, and that's it. Now that the Armageddon his mother saw was avoided, his quest has no purpose.

[...]

Now, about a protagonist, if this means the one that will defeat Kronika, call me biased as you want, but it's gotta be Raiden. This trilogy is all about him, and he is a GOD there's gotta be someone like him to defeat her. Also, it's very clear MK11 will give him a huge spotlight.

Still, if it isn't Raiden, it's a must to be someone capable of bearing the deed. Either Liu Kang, who has defeated Goro, Shang Tsung, Shao Kahn TWICE and Shinnok in the original timeline, or who knows if Cetrion won't be more important than we thought. Other than that, I only believe someone like Shinnok (unlikely) or Shao Kahn (no chance) would be able to beat her.

No Emerald power this time, even if Johnny Cage looks amazing (and let's agree he does). I already digested MKX well, but twice in a row will be difficult. She's the boss of the bosses man.

Raiden is a dumbass and I'm tired of him messing everything up. Liu Kang forever the god, bring him back into the spotlight. Him being a jobbing minion is worse than his run as a zombie in Deception

Raiden is a dumbass and I'm tired of him messing everything up. Liu Kang forever the god, bring him back into the spotlight. Him being a jobbing minion is worse than his run as a zombie in Deception

Liu Kang being jobber is complete BS. I'm glad old Liu Kang is back, because Emperor Liu Kang is surely gonna lick Kronika's boots, and in MKX he was pathetic.

Let us agree to disagree about Raiden. The Elder Gods sit their asses the whole eternity doing absolutely nothing, Raiden has to do EVERYTHING almost every game. People blame him, but the real fact is that everything goes on his shoulders, and he deals with what has to be done. Unfortunately things usually go wrong, not because he creates them however, but what else could be done?

He saved Johnny Cage (who would beat Shinnok and made his final defeat possible), vanished Shao Kahn "forever", avoided the original timeline Armageddon, he trapped Shinnok TWICE, he kept Earthrealm in peace for a long time after Netherrealm War, he helped shape the new generation of fighters, he took the responsibility himself of engaging the tournament against Outworld, he created an order capable of vanishing threats, an order that produced the likes of Liu Kang and Kung Lao, he kept Shinnok at bay for eons, he sacrificed himself more than once to save Earthrealm, the last one in the Jinsei at his own morality at cost, and even though Dark Raiden is usual bad news, so far he kombats all evil and took down almost every threat to Earthrealm.

How could he be a dumbass? People died in MK9? Shao Kahn's fault. People died anyway and if Raiden had not changed to preserve heroes, we would win MK3 only to die in MK:A. Kung Lao died? Cause he was dumb. Liu Kang died? Because he was arrogant and idiotic, it was an accident. Others became revenants? Seriously, that's Shao Kahn/Sindel/Shinnok/Quan Chi's fault. Kano stole the Amulet? Even SF was protecting it. Kronika is now pissed off? Well, he has beaten her baby, but what else could he do? Let Shinnok slip again wasn't an option.

Scorpion released Shinnok, made all the remaining revenants being revenants because of his pride, Kotal Kahn screwed the accords and was a dumbass about D'vorah, Liu Kang and Kung Lao were absolutely dumb in their deaths, lots of other people are guilty for the mess.

Another one that I hear, it's comics so I care very little: Raiden guilty of Shirai Ryu genocide. Seriously, nobody remembers Havik was behind it all and did that cause he is an a-hole? Raiden trusted Hanzo and it wasn't nobody's fault but Havik's.

Truth is Raiden has to deal with all BS others do and Elder Gods allow. When Raiden is not around, there's not even a solution at all. Every time we get victorious, it's Raiden in the end. We are targets, these a-holes will attack Earthrealm all the time, that's why he's protector.

The trailers seem to imply Good Raiden and Cassie are the main protagonist of MK11's story mode. Me personally I hope Good Liu Kang and Kung Lao are the protangonist.

I'm going to guess that guy that was in the trailers is a younger Shujinko for the Krypt

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk