Kytinn vs Kreeyans

reikoiskahn

Hey, guys.

I am not, by any means, a fan of D'Vorah but I realize she is becoming quite popular amongst our site and others so I figured I'd start a topic of discussion on her. I'd like to know if any of you think the Kytinn were inspired by Kreeyans. For those of you who don't know what Kreeyans are, they were a predominantly female race in Mortal Kombat Conquest.

The reason I ask this question is because of the similarities between the two races. I have compiled a short list below:

1.Kytinn are insect-like creatures and the Kreeyans were born in hives.
2. Both descend from old and nearly forgotten realms that Shao Kahn had a hand in destroying.
3. The character of Vorpax is a conniving woman, not unlike D'Vorah, in the sense that she will betray those who she is close to.
4. Kreeyans rapidly mature in a short time span, which is a character trait of bees.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this, guys. Are the Kytinn based off the Kreeyans or is all of this purely a coincidence?

Mortal Kombat Conquest was great, the best thing in the franchise! I loved every second of it. I'm glad it inspired the Deadly Alliance, Bo'Rai'Cho, more Mileena clones, cryomancers, Reiko's story and now D'vorah.

The Kytinn and the Kreeyans are definitely related. Not sure if the same race (as the Kreeyans were always shown in human form), but definitely related. It could be the same race actually and the Kreeyans were just using camouflage, similar to the saurians (Reptile's race).

As the end of Conquest had Shao Kahn win the war, he probably exterminated that branch of the race. Though he did not kill, but rather keep his enemies as trophies (Quan Chi, Shang Tsung, Kitana were most likely brainwashed into serving him again, not killed). I enjoyed that ending very much and I consider it canon, though I don't care one bit about the 1st and 2nd movies. The 1st was actually enjoyable, but the second one (Annihilation) should not EVER be considered canon and should just be forgotten.

Mortal Kombat Conquest was great, the best thing in the franchise! I loved every second of it. I'm glad it inspired the Deadly Alliance, Bo'Rai'Cho, more Mileena clones, cryomancers, Reiko's story and now D'vorah.

The Kytinn and the Kreeyans are definitely related. Not sure if the same race (as the Kreeyans were always shown in human form), but definitely related. It could be the same race actually and the Kreeyans were just using camouflage, similar to the saurians (Reptile's race).

As the end of Conquest had Shao Kahn win the war, he probably exterminated that branch of the race. Though he did not kill, but rather keep his enemies as trophies (Quan Chi, Shang Tsung, Kitana were most likely brainwashed into serving him again, not killed). I enjoyed that ending very much and I consider it canon, though I don't care one bit about the 1st and 2nd movies. The 1st was actually enjoyable, but the second one (Annihilation) should not EVER be considered canon and should just be forgotten.

All series and movies are non canon anyway. So Sindel didn't actually say "TOO BAD YOU... WILL DIE!

Well, as long as Conquest doesn't contradict the games and some of the later additions can't even be explained without referring to MK Conquest, I think I'll consider it canon. For myself anyway.

Well, as long as Conquest doesn't contradict the games and some of the later additions can't even be explained without referring to MK Conquest, I think I'll consider it canon. For myself anyway.

I take it as canon, but there were a few contradictions that could be brushed aside such as:
-Scorpion's Origins (but can be canon since this isn't Hanzo and he's not controlled by Quan Chi)
-Mileena's origins
-Noob Saibot
-The fact that Kreeya was canonically dead before the Great Kung Lao's birth.
-Shao Kahn being Raiden's Brother
-The ending (which was gonna be solved by reverting everything back and telling Kahn that he isn't allowed to do that, but canonically, Shao Kahn is suppose to be killed on the spot for that).

It's a few other stuff, but they weren't major.

I take it as canon, but there were a few contradictions that could be brushed aside such as:
-Scorpion's Origins (but can be canon since this isn't Hanzo and he's not controlled by Quan Chi)

There have been many Scorpions, yes, just like there have been many cryomancers. Their story hasn't been explored in depth, but MKX has made it clear that Hanzo Hasashi and the Scorpion demon are not one and the same, EXACTLY LIKE IN THE MK CONQUEST SERIES! All of the possessed who become Scorpions have something to do with vengeance.

-Mileena's origins
There have been many Mileena clones, the first ones made by Shang Tsung....less than perfect. Also supported by Mileena's ending in the latest game.

-Noob Saibot
Noob Saibot is a title given to the General of the Brotherhood of the Shadow. I think it's safe to say there have been others before Bi Han, connected to Quan Chi (or Shao Kahn, as the series implies). The Noob Saibot in the series was most likely an enenra too, as it shared characteristics with Smoke. The game made the Noob-Smoke sub boss in 2002, probably taking inspiration from MK Conquest.
-The fact that Kreeya was canonically dead before the Great Kung Lao's birth.
Kreeya is never referenced canonically in the game. Am I missing something?
-Shao Kahn being Raiden's Brother
Whaaaat? :D This was never the case in MK Conquest.
-The ending (which was gonna be solved by reverting everything back and telling Kahn that he isn't allowed to do that, but canonically, Shao Kahn is suppose to be killed on the spot for that).
We don't know what happened next, that's the beauty of it. Everyone can make their own explanation. Threshold released a tie-in story for the 1st movie, but who regards that as canon, as it's never been anything else than 2 rows of story? Let me just think of Conquest as in the universe of the games and not in the universe of the movies. This series has gotten old so well that it's enjoyable to watch even now. Not the same can be said about the Mortal Kombat games from the same period. MK4 was great, but it's not enjoyable to play anymore with those outdated graphics.:)

It's a few other stuff, but they weren't major.
Which other stuff?