Everybody hates Kotal Kahn?!

Bruzzrad

No, I'm not talking about the jokes younger cast makes at him. I've been playing with him recently and I noticed everyone has something to say about his rule or his past. I think the guy deserves a break. After Shao Kahn and Mileena, I'm sure he is a much better Kahn.

And for the story mode, he did what he thought was right. He wanted to hide the amulet from Earthrealm because he knew how incompetent they were. If Raiden and the gang would have chilled the f*** out for two minutes, they could see Kotal still wanted to be allies. But now everyone has a thing against Kotal.

I don't know, it seems like this new character got the wrong end of the stick. He has so much potential.

Last edited:
Knowing NRS he'll probably be a throwaway villain in the next game. Might even get an offscreen death smh.

NRS needs some new writers... They're the only fighting game company that includes story but as of lately, the story has been crap. And I know the story is usually the last bit to be added to the game but they took their time with cutscenes and the works. I also understand its NRS's vision of what they want the game to be, but the decision making skills over there need to be reevaluated.

Idk man. Mileena wasn't really attacking Earthrealm as far as I know. She was just taking over Outworld. Kotal Kahn took her throne only because Shao Kahn was dead. Mileena was even going to free Edenia. Raiden and the others only helped Kotal because of the Blood Demon/Kamidogu stuff from the comics as far as I know. Plus, the intro dialogue towards Mileena/Kotal Kahn seems to point towards the fact that Earthrealm believes that maybe they should've allowed Mileena to keep her throne. The only reason they fought her in Story Mode was because she had Shinnok's amulet.

Kotal overthrew Mileena because she was in incompetent ruler. She refused to do anything about the Netherrealm threat, so Kotal Kahn (a born leader and war hardened commander) took control of the situation. He shows compassion towards his people, as shown in the comics where he shows concern for the food reserves of the commoners and even spares Reptile's life.

Whereas Mileena is powerhungry, shown kicking D'Vorah in the mouth after she was groveling at her feet. Not even Shao Kahn treated his subjects with that level of disrespect. Even going as far to grant the Osh Tek sovereignty over their treasure and sparing Kotal Kahn's life from the hands of Goro. Mileena is a just a freak who was given too much responsibility. A child in the throne of a ruler. Kotal did what was necessary.

And Kotal never attacked Earthrealm. When he went into the Deadwoods, he did so to get the amulet back from the morons.

I won't lie, the way he was gazing upon Shinnok's amulet, he didn't look like he was planning on "Talking" to Raiden.

I won't lie, the way he was gazing upon Shinnok's amulet, he didn't look like he was planning on "Talking" to Raiden.

Probably because he knows how bad Raiden screwed everyone over and didn't want that power in the hands of lighting god that can't make good decisions.

Kotal Kahn vs Raiden

Raiden: You stole Outworld's throne!

Kotal: You prefer Mileena?

Raiden: I prefer justice!

Seriously NRS? Seriously????

Kotal Kahn vs Raiden

Raiden: You stole Outworld's throne!

Kotal: You prefer Mileena?

Raiden: I prefer justice!

Seriously NRS? Seriously????

I think Raiden meant that Kotal was being an unjust ruler, not that Mileena deserves the throne

How was overthrowing a corrupt ruler (mind you, Kotal had support from all of Mileena's advisors.) unjust? Heck, he was ready to let Kung Jin take his life after honorable Kombat. How is he unjust?

I think it's just random banter. Like Johnny Cage saying that Mileena slept with Baraka.

Often, they will reference events that happened in the game. Some of it is banter, a lot of it is context to what other characters think about each other story-wise.

The problem is that the Comics made him to be an absolute freaking badass, but then the game's Story Mode just shat all kinds of diarrhea on that.

That's how I see it, I was so excited to be playing as the badass ruler of Outworld who actually wants to work WITH Earthrealm, like the Comics portrayed him to be, only for NRS to completely throw that away.

I had high hopes for him and it sort of toppled down to just an average feeling for him. I think he is an alright character but they are a lot better characters than him and his only real good variation is the one with the paddle.

Honestly, first i thought he is just a Ogre rip-off and i hate him, but when i try to play as him, , i love his gameplay and personality.. He is one of the best fighters in MKX. All of his variations are sick and ruthless, especially i love to play as War God Kotal Kahn and i finished klassic arcade tower on very hard mode with all of his variations. As an emperor of outworld i like his vision, he wants to be strong against outworld's enemies and he try to reunite outworld forces.. he is not like Shao Kahn, Shao Kahn was a tyrant, Kotal Kahn wants to be respected ruler,, all of his allies dedicated themselves to him except D'Vorah.