The Big Bad of MK11?

the_pathfinder

Who would you all want to see as MK11's main villain/boss fight?

I wouldn't mind seeing either Evil, Corrupt Raiden or Shang Tsung powered by Shao Kahn's soul as the main boss fight with Evil Liu Kang as a pre-boss and the rest of the revenants as mid-story bosses.

I'm hoping it's not going to be Kitana or Liu, cause it's too obvious, like Shinnok was for MKX. I'm hoping they're both going to take BIG part on the story, but not as bosses. I'll probably say Raiden or maybe Reiko (if he's alive...) or even better: someone new. Please, no more repeats (Shao Kahn, Shang Tsung, Shinnok...).

I hope it's either Onaga, Daegon, D'Vorah (A new Form), or someone new (Male or Female).

i hav an idea, raiden as the big bad, liu kang or kitana as the sub boss, and moloch or drahmin as the mini boss because those to are allies and were in deadly alliance both

Either Onaga or Reiko and Havik for me, but there are so many possibilities, we could have a completely new character as the big bad, hell, at this point we could very well get Shang Tsung back as the big bad.

Maybe it's Onaga, Corrupt Raiden, Evil Liu Kang, Reiko, or The One Being.

If it'll be female, maybe it's a new form of D'Vorah, Evil Kitana, the Woman in Jade's MK9 ending (possibly possessing Jade's body), or a resurrected and more powerful Mileena.

I don't think it'll be Raiden.
Raiden went "Dark," but he isn't necessarily "evil," per se.
He has just taken extreme measures to protect EarthRealm form the likes of Liu and Kitana or any other would-be potential Earth invaders.

I do agree that Liu Kang and Kitana are too predictable for the final boss characters, but so was Shinnok in MK9.
Although, honestly I didn't expect them to take the Sub-Zero Mythologies route with Shinnok by using his corrupted / demon form from that game and bring it to MKX.
Corrupted Shinnok = surprise return character.
Corrupted version = surprise.
Regular Shinnok = return character.

I like nothing after MK4. The bosses like Onaga were so lame to me. Such a shame they killed shinnok. Raiden as a boss is kinda weak but acceptable. All the badass evil characters just had to die... -_-

Hopefully not Onaga, Quanchi, Shang Tsung or Shao Kahn resurrected somehow, some one 'New' would be best. New threat for a New Generation makes sense. But I'd be down with a tandem of Evil Liu Kang and Evil Kitana with the rest of the revenants as Sub Bosses if they were to go down that path.

I do like the Idea of a Resurrected Mileena as a Boss though. If Shang Tsung were to return it would be more interesting for him to side with good this time round.

I hope that whoever may be the big bad, he or she should have a better story execution than Shinnok, even though I like the character itself, I feel like his transition to being the big bad was done poorly.

Last edited:
Main Boss: Onaga (I can see him pretty much like Ares from DC's Injustice.)

Sub-Boss 3: Dark Emperor Liu Kang (Round 1) and Dragon Morphed Liu Kang (Round 2)

Sub-Boss 2: Dark Empress Kitana

Secret Fight: Jade

Sub-Boss 1: Dark Raiden

I will freak right out if we even see Goro in the next 2 games. Still hoping for an all new set of bosses. the evil Liu Kang and Kitana will probably just be a story thing and there will probably be someone else as a boss.

Last edited:
* BONUS SUPERBOSS: Jade (Possessed)

Final Boss: Onaga

Sub-Boss: Dark Raiden

Mini Boss 2: Emperor Liu Kang

Mini Boss 1: Dark Empress Kitana

* Middle Boss: Noob Saibot

* = Can only be fought when certain conditions are met.

Following the story mode from the last game it wouldnt make sense for it to be shinnock or anyone else that died in the last two games. I know characters return all the time in the the series but since its reboot there is such a potential to bring new characters or even slightly re write ones from the earlier games.

My main boss: Onaga, obvious choice i know. The way i would have it set up would be for him to be awakened by Rain and his half brother Daegon as leaders of an Edenian army or are at war with Kotal Kahn. However i would not have him come into the the story until near the end. I would also not have him be defeated at the end of this game (in story mode), instead returning as the main boss (in a more powerful form) in the next game too so the series doesnt get that "villain of the week" feel to its games.

Secondary Boss: Shang Tsung, yes i know i said to not bring back anyone who died from the earlier reboot but if we go with the story that Shang Tsung actually is one of the souls inside Ermac (as seen in Ermacs ending in mkx) then we can make it work. First destroying Ermac from inside out and then possessing all the souls that make him up to become powerful again. He could even be another contender for waking up Onaga. Believing he can control the dragon lord, lets face it, Shang Tsung has always been sure of himself.

The other contenders for our secondary boss could be:

Liu Kang / Emperor Kang: now leader of the netherealm he would be an obvious choice, a lot of people dont fancy it but i actually quite like the idea of the tournaments golden boy becoming corrupt and seeking power.

Daegon: I quite like the idea of him being the general to an Edenian army. Him and Rain seeking Onaga to awaken him in hope they can use him to defeat Kotal Kahn. I would also have Daegon betray Rain and kill him, i feel rain would not expect this as he came across in the last game story like an over privilidged type you may associate with royalty and would be too blind to see his brother may betray him.

Anyway thats my two cents.