Kreate your own Kombat Pack II

mandead

I'm sure we had a thread about this at some point, but I couldn't find it using forum search... perhaps I've just imagined it. :p

Anyway, I was browsing TYM last night and noticed someone had made this concept for a potential second Kombat Pack. I thought it was a fantastic idea - personally, I think it's much more interesting than the one we got - and seeing as Boon has been teasing the idea, and even refused to rule it out, I thought we could create our own here. I'm not especially confident we will get another, but given how successful the game seems to have been I do think it'd be bizarre for NRS/WB to stop releasing DLC after only three months.

For the sake of argument, we'll use the same rules as the first Kombat Pack, but limit ourselves to one guest character.

• Four characters (one guest character)
  • Four costume packs (three costumes per pack; no DLC characters)
  • Four free compatibility patch costumes (can include previous non-guest DLC characters)
Try to lay out your ideas like NRS and the example linked above, with named packs and costumes.

Just to clarify, at this point I don't think we will see any free alternate costumes for DLC characters, and certainly not for the guest characters, because they probably don't want (and may not even be allowed) to change their iconic looks. I also don't think DLC for DLC is a good idea, which NRS probably agree with. However, you never know.

What do you guys think? Please take your time and come up with some great ideas. :)

- Four characters (one guest character)
- Four costume packs (three costumes per pack; no DLC characters)
- Four free compatibility patch costumes (can include previous non-guest DLC characters)

^^
Going by this format (and going with the whole female, male, male, male DLC of DLC character layout), I guess I'd personally go with:

1) Li Mei - obligatory female character
- Outworld inspired costumes for Erron Black, Ferra / Torr, D'Vorah and Kotal Kahn

2) Fujin - MK4 highly requested character on Twitter
- MK4 themed costumes for Shinnok and 2 (non-"ninja" characters) from that era.

3) Reiko - In the comics and has a decent following
- Deadly Alliance costumes for 3 characters from that era.

4) Spawn - highly requested guest around E3 2014
- Comic book-inspired skins for Takeda, Kung Jin and Jacqui

For the compatibility patch costumes I'd go with a new costume for Cassie, Kenshi DA Klassic, Goro MK1 Klassic and Johnny MK1 Klassic (might as well).

EDIT:
The characters that I listed wouldn't necessarily get released in that order, if it were up to me.

Last edited:
Charakters (4):
  1. Sareena
  2. Nitara
  3. Skarlet
  4. Sadako (from "The Ring" -- think Hisako from Killer Instinct)

Costume packs (4):
  1. UMK3 (Mileena, Kitana, Sonya)
  2. Tropical Paradise (Mileena, Kitana, Jacqui -- think Dead or Alive)
  3. Maids (Mileena, Kitana, Jacqui)
  4. Dominatrix (Mileena, Kitana, Sonya)

Compatibility patch costumes (for 4 characters):
  1. MK4 Tanya
  2. Completely black outfit for Mileena
  3. Completely white outfit for Tanya
  4. MMA Jacqui

Last edited:
STORY KOMBAT PACK
- Fujin (Wind God, Archer and ?)
- Rain (Hydro, Thunderstorm Knight and Dimension Cutter)
- Sindel (Lashing Hair, Vociferate and Edenian Queen)
- Sareena (Demonic Kamas, Poltergeist and Succubus)

+ each character comes with an alternate costume.

Even thought i'd love to have Reiko and Nitara, they don't even appear on the story mode, so, i'd like to keep them for MK11 (in the main roster, of course!)

TWIN SISTERS SKIN PACK
- MK Deception Mileena
- MK Deception Kitana
+ free UMK3 Scorpion and MK4 Tanya

UMK3 SKIN PACK
- Rain
- Sonya
- Kung Lao
- Sindel
+ free UMK3 Ermac

KLASSIC STAGES
- The Portal (MK2)
- Kombat Tomb (MK2)
- Warrior Shrine (MK1)
- Palace Grounds (MK5)

Last edited:
Fujin
Eastern Pack: Kabuki D'Vorah, Ninja Jacqui Briggs, Yakuza Kung Jin
Free costume: Klassic Shinnok

Cyber Smoke
Lin Kuei Cyber Initiative Pack: Rebel Cassie Cage, Metal Gear Takeda, Android Kenshi
Free costume: Klassic Tremor

Havik
Deception Pack: Deception Sub-Zero, Deception Liu Kang, Deception Mileena
Free costume: Deception Tanya

Mad Max
Mad Max Pack: Road Warrior Erron Black, Lord Humongous Kotal Kahn, Master/Blaster Ferra/Torr
Free costume: War Boy Quan Chi

Fujin
Eastern Pack: Kabuki D'Vorah, Ninja Jacqui Briggs, Yakuza Kung Jin
Free costume: Klassic Shinnok

Cyber Smoke
Lin Kuei Cyber Initiative Pack: Rebel Cassie Cage, Metal Gear Takeda, Android Kenshi

Havik
Deception Pack: Deception Sub-Zero, Deception Liu Kang, Deception Mileena

Mad Max
Mad Max Pack: Road Warrior Erron Black, Lord Humongous Kotal Kahn, Master/Blaster Ferra/Torr
Free costume: War Boy Quan Chi
This is actually quite inspired, Greyjoy. Great job. I'd be sorely tempted to buy this. There's only really Mad Max I wouldn't be too bothered about (not seen the new movie yet) but the costumes that come with him sound pretty good, and I seem to recall people saying that Ferra/Torr seems to be somewhat inspired by Master/Blaster.

2nd Kombat Pack called "Blood Pack".

DLC characters:
- Reiko
- Nitara
- Havik
- Skarlet

I'm not going to introduce another guest character to the game, as I wouldn't want any in the first place.

Costume packs:
- Hidden Dragon: Takeda, Kung Jin and Kung Lao getting new alts which are traditional Asian themed.
- Outworld Might: Kotal, Ferra/Torr and Erron getting new alts which are typical Outworld themed.
- Girl Power: D'Vorah, Cassie and Jacqui getting new alts which are Punk-Rock themed.
- Klassic DLC: Tanya, Tremor and Goro getting new alts which are based on their past outfits (Tanya's MKD main, Tremor's MK:SF costume and Goro's MK1 costume).

Compatibility patch costumes:
- Quan Chi's MK4 costume.
- Raiden's MKDA alt costume.
- Mileena's MKD main costume.
- Sonya's MKvsDCU costume.

3rd Kombat Pack called "Story Pack".

DLC characters:
- Rain
- Sindel
- Fujin
- Sareena

Costume packs:
- Cyber Initiative: Jacqui, Sub-Zero and Kitana getting new alts appearing like cyber ninjas (Sub-Zero's being his Cyber Sub-Zero costume from MK9).
- Steam Punk: Jax, Erron and Kano getting new alts which are Steam Punk themed.
- Fantasy Heroes: Shinnok, Reptile and Scorpion getting new alts which are fantasy themed (Dungeons & Dragons, Lord of the Rings, that kind of stuff).
- Suit Up: Liu Kang, Johnny and Sonya getting new alts which are formal attire (Liu Kang and Johnny in typical tuxedo, and Sonya in a formal military General attire).

Compatibility patch costumes:
- Takeda getting a Nightwing costume.
- Ermac getting a Green Lantern costume.
- Cassie getting a Black Canary costume.
- Kung Jin getting a Green Arrow costume.

I don't want more guest characters in MKX, either, but I was just going with the format that the OP stated.

I don't want more guest characters in MKX, either, but I was just going with the format that the OP stated.
Haha, yeah, same here actually. Unless it's someone amazing/unexpected I won't buy another guest character, and so far I'm only interested in Predator out of any of the DLC characters, but my guess is that if there's another Kombat Pack, we won't see four MK characters, but likely 3 + 1 guest. Just a hunch. I have no evidence of this ofc.

Thanks to those who stuck to the guidelines. :D

Fujin
The God Pack. Costumes with a royal look with pieces of high quality looking armour.

Rain
The 'Formerly Known As' pack. Purple costumes for 3 lucky individuals!
Free costume: MK4 Reptile (for the purple trousers)

Sareena
The Kamidogu Pack. Costumes that have the symbol and colour scheme of one of these godly tools. Shinnok (Netherrealm), Kitana (Edenia) and Mileena (Outworld)

Spawn
The Nether Pack. Spikey, dark, evil looking costumes.
Free costume: MK4 Exposed skull Scorpion

[MENTION=18905]mandead[/MENTION]
Yeah, if guests weren't part of the equation, ideally just I'd be fine with Fujin, Reiko, Havik and Li Mei (as the obligatory female).

Rain
The 'Formerly Known As' pack. Purple costumes for 3 lucky individuals!
Free costume: MK4 Reptile (for the purple trousers)

:laugh: :rofl: @ the Prince / 'Formerly Known As' pack.
Genius.

Drahmin
Costume pack -Nearherrealm
Oni Ferra/Torr
Demon Kenshi
Satan Shinnok
Free Zombie Kang

Hotaru
Costume pack - (Samurai would've been good) Knight pack?
Archer Kung Jin
Full plate Jax
Armored Kotal
Free- Executioner Quan Chi

Baraka
Costume pack - Outworld
Erron
Dvorah
Ermac
Free- Goro

Sektor
Costume Pack - Cyborg
Robotized Takeda
Fully mechanical Kano
Jacqui
Free- Sub

Fujin
Klassic Pack 3: UMK3 Sonya, UMK3 Kung Lao and UMK3 Jax

Sareena
Klassic Pack 4: MK4 Shinnok, MK4 Quan Chi, and MK4 Reptile
Free costume: MK4 Tanya

Li Mei
Girl Power Pack: Cheerleader Cassie, Hood Girl Jacqui, and Geisha Kitana
Free costume: MKD Tanya

Nitara
Horror Pack 2: Zombie Liu Kang, Mummy Johnny Cage, and Incubus Takeda
Free costume: Klassic Ermac

Impostor Pack: Jade Skin Kitana, Noob-Saibot Skin Sub-Zero, and Kintaro Skin Goro

Bondage Pack: Mistress Tanya, Master Takeda, and Gimp Kung Jin

Last edited:
1) Li Mei

2) Jade, Sheeva, Khameleon, Nitara, Sareena, Skarlet, Jataaka, Ashrah, Sindel, Baraka, Drahmin, Moloch, Bo Rai Cho, Havik, Hotaru, Stryker, Kabal, Nightwolf, Shao Kahn, Sektor, Cyrax, Smoke, Darrius, Dairou, Kira, Hsu Hao, Mavado, Mokap, Onaga, Daegon, Delia (Daegon and Taven's mother), Kintaro and Motaro (even though I know his inclusion is impossible).

This long list means any of them would do, even though there are some I'd prefer over others.

3) Rain, Reiko, Blaze, Frost, Taven, Shujinko, Jarek and Kai. Alright characters, pretty much.

4) The Alien, Evil Dead's Ash, Spawn, Violator (would be more interesting than Spawn, imo), Pinhead, Leatherface, Michael Myers, or Freddy again.

This is it for now.

As a follow up to my post, here is how an all-black (or almost all-black) Mileena could look like:
black_mileena.jpg

To me, this is pretty much the definition of flawlessly awesome and awesomely flawless.

(I did not make this picture, I got it from somewhere on Twitter -- all credit goes to the original artist.)

DLC Characters
-Fujin (Trap Lord, Windstorm, Protector)
-Reiko (Warlord, Blood Prince, Royalty)
-Havik (Cleric, Possessor, Harbinger (Skarlet Assist))
-Joel for PS4 (Lone Wolf, Father/Daughter, Resourceful)
-Lara Croft for XBone (Survivalist, Hunter, Reloaded)

Costume Packs
-School Kids Pack (CL Cassie, VB Jacqui, SB Takeda, BB Kung Jin)
-Outworld Legacy Pack (Onaga Kotal, Moloch/Drahmin Ferra Torr, Nitara D'Vorah, Mavado Erron Black)
-Possession Pack (Raiden, Cassie, Jacqui)
-Animal Skin Pack (Panda Ferra/Torr, Leotard Mileena, Wolf Kung Jin)

Free Costume Patch
-Jason X
-Deception Tanya
-Earth God Tremor
-Remixed Preditor

(Note: Yes I know Costume packs only come with 3 costumes, but I believe they could make an exception for the new characters.)

I think the most likely happenstance is either Rain/Baraka/Sindel/Fujin (the easiest four-character option for NRS) or an Injustice-style two-pack of Fujin/Li Mei (if they don't do all of the fightable NPCs I doubt they'll do any of them).

That said, I'd go with this:

DLC Characters:
Fujin (Wind God, Arrowstorm, Guardian) - most requested.
Sindel (Banshee, Gorgon, Queen of Ghosts) - my fave, okay, let me live.
Havik (Cleric of Chaos, Contortionist, Destroyer) - makes a strong impact in the comic and seems less doomed than Reiko.
Li Mei (Outworld's Champion, Aerialist, Kunlun Dao) - two females is unlikely, of course, but perhaps not with...
Rain (Half God, Hydromancer, Vizier) - a bonus free character exclusively for those who buy the entire Pack, to avoid repeating paid DLC from MK9. he goes in the unnecessary ? slot.

Costume Packs:
With Fujin: MK4 pack (Shinnok, Tanya, Reptile)
With Sindel: MK3 pack (Sonya Blade, Kano, Jax)
With Havik: Deception pack (Mileena, Liu Kang, Sub-Zero)
With Li Mei: Outworld pack (new looks for Kotal Kahn, Mileena, Ferra/Torr)

Compatibility Skins
With Fujin: UMK3 Mileena
With Sindel: UMK3 Kitana
With Havik: Deception Tanya
With Li Mei: UMK3 Tremor
With Rain: UMK3 Rain

Standalone Skin Packs (a la Kold War and Brazil)
Next Generation 1 (new looks for Cassie Cage, Jacqui Briggs, Takeda)
Next Generation 2 (new looks for Kung Jin, Erron Black, D'Vorah)

Fujin:

- Wind God: Fujin gains rising knee and wind based kombos;
- Tornado: Fujin can explore tornado attacks from various distances;
- Crossbow: gains the ability of shooting his crossbow and weapon air attacks;

Costume pack: MK4 - Shinnok, Raiden and Sonya.

Reiko:

- Emperor's helmet: Reiko gains hologram mask and Shao Kahn based attacks (MK:A);
- Warlord: Reiko gains attacks based on his crude hammer;
- Blood Code (trying to save the comics): [insert here Reiko's powers in the comics]

Costume pack: Konquerors (Kotal Kahn and Mileena, war based)

Bo' Rai Cho

Seriously, I prefer them doing it. Would love to see applied to MKX.

Costume pack: Deception (Tanya, Raiden [yes, that one], and Liu Kang [woot])

Screw guest character, though I loved MKX's

Havik would be cool.

[...]

Obs.: I think there will be more packs. Above it was my desires, but I think it will be "Story Pack" (Rain, Baraka, Sindel) and "Another Pack" (Fujin, Li Mei, Bo' Rai Cho, Sareena).

To tell you the truth, if that was real, I'd hope the second happened before the first.

This is actually quite inspired, Greyjoy. Great job. I'd be sorely tempted to buy this. There's only really Mad Max I wouldn't be too bothered about (not seen the new movie yet) but the costumes that come with him sound pretty good, and I seem to recall people saying that Ferra/Torr seems to be somewhat inspired by Master/Blaster.
Yeah, I don't care for Mad Max as a guest character, but I need those costumes, so it's worth it. Plus, Mad Max is owned by WB, so it's actually possible.