Is this gonna become a trend (about online gaming)?

D1A1

Most of the Revenant skins in MKX actually require people to play online with other people in order to be unlocked. Is that a common thing in modern gaming?

I really hope online gaming won't be pushed on all of us. DLC is one thing. You can buy it on your own. But to be forced to play with other people online just to unlock stuff in a game? What a joke.

I honestly can't remember a last time, if any where unlocks that can be used both online and offline had to be unlocked via online-only gameplay. I personally think it was a completely stupid decision by NRS, as some players not only don't have internet connections to even participate online, or maybe they cannot afford Xbox Live Gold or PS+.

In my case, I can't get that Dark Emperor Liu Kang outfit any sooner because I only have one friend who plays MKX, and he doesn't play it much. So every time he gets on MKX, which is like once every two weeks, he sends me a tower challenge like I asked.

In my case, I can't get that Dark Emperor Liu Kang outfit any sooner because I only have one friend who plays MKX, and he doesn't play it much. So every time he gets on MKX, which is like once every two weeks, he sends me a tower challenge like I asked.

Huh? Dude, all you gotta do is 8-10 Tower Challenges to unlock him. No sending of challenges required. Just finish a tower, start a new one, rinse and repeat til you unlock him.

Huh? Dude, all you gotta do is 8-10 Tower Challenges to unlock him. No sending of challenges required. Just finish a tower, start a new one, rinse and repeat til you unlock him.

Tower Challenges are those things you complete then send to your online friends to beat your score. Or else I would have unlocked him ages ago since all I play is towers when I play MKX :p

Tower Challenges are those things you complete then send to your online friends to beat your score. Or else I would have unlocked him ages ago since all I play is towers when I play MKX :p

Single Player - Towers - Tower Challenges? That's the way to unlock him, finish a tower, start a new one and keep on doing that. That's how I and everyone else did it.

You still need access to online though since you can't play the tower challenges if your machine is offline.

Anyways, I don't play multiplayer online much to begin with. Thus I cannot justify paying the subscription on top of of the fee for my ISP. Anyyone who buys the game at a much later date will probably have a hard time unlocking anything that requires online....and I thought online trophies were annoying.

Last edited:
I dislike online trophies as well. Since 2006, online gaming has became more popular in consoles with faster speed Internet becoming more common in most people's houses for the last few years at the time. I tend to ignore online trophies and stick with the ones that you unlock with single player.

Yup.
This is why I prefer single-player games.

As it is, people are assholes and won't give you decent scores for a decent match won, because they're a bunch of sore-loser b****es.

Funk online only trophies, and online only unlocks.