Kitana Thread - "My Fury is Unrelenting!"

Fought off 5 Kitanas online tonight, and I played as Kitana myself.

Back in April/May, Kitana mainers were rare and even I, with Kitana being among my very favorite MK characters, didn't use her because she was grossly underpowered and unsafe, therefore I mainly used Takeda, Cassie and Sub Zero online. But now since she's gotten her first set of updates, I've been through a lot of Kitana mirror matches online, especially over the last month and a half.

Let's just hope the Premiere Tower brings a lot more players over to the blue side.

Kitana still needs a few good overhead combos tho. To punish those ducking blockers. If she gets that, then she would be boss-tier.

I'm starting to love the Mournful Variation better than the Assassin Variation because I can pull off longer combos that can become cool brutalities!!! :)

I have been updating my Youtube channel recently. Feel free to check out some of my videos! Here's Mournful combos part 3!

I have been updating my Youtube channel recently. Feel free to check out some of my videos! Here's Mournful combos part 3!

Nice.

What do you use as a wakeup in Mournful? I'd use the rising blades, but its so damn unsafe and predictable, so I just use the Shadow Kick or the Pole Grab.

Nice.

What do you use as a wakeup in Mournful? I'd use the rising blades, but its so damn unsafe and predictable, so I just use the Shadow Kick or the Pole Grab.

I either do Pole Grab or get up quick and poke with fan. Rising blades as a wake-up gives me so much anxiety omfg..

I always have SUCH a hard time pulling out her air fan or glaive after the EX Rising fans online, but outside mournful, it's trully her best option to get out of pressure (when used right).

Btw, are you guys exited/hoping for some assassin buffs? People have been talking a lot about on TYM, i think she may get some and i can't wait for it. It's my favorite variation of hers, i just wanted that i could actually use sharpen and assassin strike well. Parry is better now, but it could be better.

Last edited:
Re: Kitana Thread - "My Fury is Unrelenting!"

Does anyone know if Kitana is getting nerfed or buffed in the new update?
According to someone in the Team Kitana community, her Assassin variation got buffed. I think it has to do with her Sharpen. Those posts explaining her buffs are no longer on the wall, unfortunately. I think whoever posted them left the community.

Speaking of which, you can thank me for getting [MENTION=18386]NathanCorsini[/MENTION] and [MENTION=17744]Elias6999[/MENTION] in the community. If you know the PSN handles of any Kitana fans, feel free to send them an invite. As a matter of fact, if any PSN users wanna join the Team Kitana PSN community, shoot a message to either myself, [MENTION=5186]Goddess[/MENTION], or the other 2 tagged members and request an invite, or post your request here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Re: Kitana Thread - "My Fury is Unrelenting!"

According to someone in the Team Kitana community, her Assassin variation got buffed. I think it has to do with her Sharpen. Those posts explaining her buffs are no longer on the wall, unfortunately. I think whoever posted them left the community.

Speaking of which, you can thank me for getting [MENTION=18386]NathanCorsini[/MENTION] and [MENTION=17744]Elias6999[/MENTION] in the community. If you know the PSN handles of any Kitana fans, feel free to send them an invite. As a matter of fact, if any PSN users wanna join the Team Kitana PSN community, shoot a message to either myself, [MENTION=5186]Goddess[/MENTION], or the other 2 tagged members and request an invite, or post your request here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

I'll shoot you guys a message tomorrow.

Does anyone know if Kitana is getting nerfed or buffed in the new update?

Yes, she got buffed on assassin. You can use EX Sharpen to continue her combos now. Those are what we already know, there may be more that people haven't found yet...

All variations
- f4 is now -2 on block up from -6
- NJP is now -9 on block down from -8
- Throw Cancel Advantage is now 34 up from 32

Assassin
- Sharpen recovery is now 54 frames down from 73
- EX Sharpen recovery is now 30 frames down from 55
- Sharpen and EX Sharpen lasts longer than before
- EX Assassin Strike have full armor now (it was easy to break by anyone before)

Last edited:
Still no beta for me. I've subscribed a thousand times but nothing. I'm assassin since day 1, i cannot wait to play with that new and buffed assassin!

I'm back with using Assassin again and am still mastering Mournful. I have to admit, I wish I can pull off the 50% damage or more with Assassin like some others but I believe 40s are good for me. I hope I'll get better with my characters though.

Currently I am using her Dark Empress outfit for Assassin and her Klassic MK2 outfit for her Mournful. I still wish I had the Revenant outfit though.

Last edited: