Kitana Thread - "My Fury is Unrelenting!"

So, Kitana have been updated, whoop!

– Increased Rising Fan / Rising Blades damage by 2
– B1 has 9 startup frames (down from 16)
– B1,2 is now +1 on block (down from +2)
– B1,4 is now -4 on block (down from +1)
– Adjusted the hitbox on f1 to connect more consistently

So, Kitana have been updated, whoop!

– Increased Rising Fan / Rising Blades damage by 2
– B1 has 9 startup frames (down from 16)
– B1,2 is now +1 on block (down from +2)
– B1,4 is now -4 on block (down from +1)
– Adjusted the hitbox on f1 to connect more consistently

So is this the buff that Kitty desperately needs?

Not really, though the F1 thing really is a minor buff.

Kitana desperately needs a buff. From what I can tell, she can benefit from better overheads and faster attack delivery, she's wwwaaayyyy too slow, making her cannon fodder compared to faster characters like Cassie Cage, Takeda etc.

Hence, despite Kitana being one of my all time favorite characters in the series, I've mained Takahashi Takeda and Liu Kang thus far, those two are Beast Mode in MKX, and I plan on giving Cassie a whirl since she seems like a button-masher's dream.

So for now, until Kitana gets her buff, I've willingly betrayed her :p

Kitana desperately needs a buff. From what I can tell, she can benefit from better overheads and faster attack delivery, she's wwwaaayyyy too slow, making her cannon fodder compared to faster characters like Cassie Cage, Takeda etc.

Hence, despite Kitana being one of my all time favorite characters in the series, I've mained Takahashi Takeda and Liu Kang thus far, those two are Beast Mode in MKX, and I plan on giving Cassie a whirl since she seems like a button-masher's dream.

So for now, until Kitana gets her buff, I've willingly betrayed her :p

That is a treason!!!! I´ve mained her despite all her gameplay problems!!!

Re: Kitana Thread - "My Fury is Unrelenting!"

I've been way too busy trophy hunting to get any real practice with anyone else, especially my traditional favorites Kuai and Hanzo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

That is a treason!!!! I´ve mained her despite all her gameplay problems!!!

I am guilty of treason. but you have to admit that Kitana's not yet ready for prime time. Not until they fix her...and Flame Fist Liu Kang is hella fun to play with.

Kitana had her B14 buffed and nerfed >_>

NRS needs to step up her frame rates a notch and turn f22 into an overhead, then I think she can step up to the plate with the likes of Liu Kang, Scorpion, Cassie, Takeda etc.

I think NRS tried to make her gameplay seem graceful this time and it came with a cost. Sucks, because MK9 Kitana was just a flat out barbarian b**ch when it came to gameplay and damage dealt.

BTW, I do think that Royal Storm is her best variation so far. Last night I did a bunch of single matches against AI on hard with Royal Storm Kitana- Out of the 20 or so matches I played, I won 12 of those. So post-buff (if we get it) I'll definitely drop whoever I'm using and get my Kitty on with the Royal Storm variation.

Last edited:

Wins against the AI on hard doesn't mean anything lol.

Wins against the AI on hard doesn't mean anything lol.

AI on Hard is better at MKX than most casual players like myself, those were some hairy and close matches.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You guys remember how low Kitana ranked back when MK9 first came out? From what I remember, in May/June 2011 she was in the bottom half of the bracket. Then when 2012 rolled around she was in the Top 10. Moral of story: Those usage stats aren't final, MKX has only been out for a month and a half.

Just wait until Kitana gets those buffs and overheads she has coming to her, then Sonya and Mileena fanboys will eat their words.

AI on Hard is better at MKX than most casual players like myself, those were some hairy and close matches.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You guys remember how low Kitana ranked back when MK9 first came out? From what I remember, in May/June 2011 she was in the bottom half of the bracket. Then when 2012 rolled around she was in the Top 10. Moral of story: Those usage stats aren't final, MKX has only been out for a month and a half.

Just wait until Kitana gets those buffs and overheads she has coming to her, then Sonya and Mileena fanboys will eat their words.

No buffs. Her getting the F2 as an overhead is the only buff I would like to see.

So I've never understood the numbers and letters people use to describe combos. Does anyone have a reference I could refer to? I tried looking up a picture of a PS4 controller with labels on it but haven't had any luck finding one.

So I've never understood the numbers and letters people use to describe combos. Does anyone have a reference I could refer to? I tried looking up a picture of a PS4 controller with labels on it but haven't had any luck finding one.
U D L and R refer to the D-Pad directions.

1 = Square
2 = Triangle
3 = X
4 = Circle

Basically, 1 and 2 are the top row, 3 and 4 are the bottom row.
1 and 3 are the left columns, 2 and 4 are the right columns.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

No buffs. Her getting the F2 as an overhead is the only buff I would like to see.

Agreed. If she gets a good overhead AND faster frames on certain moves then she'll be gold.

Last night I played 6 living towers with Kitana, beat them all and unlocked the Dark Empress skin, it was a wonderful evening.

I am guilty of treason. but you have to admit that Kitana's not yet ready for prime time. Not until they fix her...and Flame Fist Liu Kang is hella fun to play with.

Totally Agreed... her gameplay, damage and speed are awfull, But don´t worry, I think they´ll fix her....

Totally Agreed... her gameplay, damage and speed are awfull, But don´t worry, I think they´ll fix her....

Speed doesn't really matter, she has great mobility. Her Assassin dash, booty bump, and shadow kick are fast moves that you can use to close in on the distance.

I'm not going to be updating much since I have exams, though I'll still be here to answer questions.