Kitana Thread - "My Fury is Unrelenting!"

Re: Kitana Thread - "My Fury is Unrelenting!"

Bottom 5 or not, I'm glad you went ahead and made the guide.

If possible look into adding Frame Data with the Notable normals and add a few of your BnBs so everything that a player would want to know would be in this thread. I understand its's under construction, but those are a few things to look into adding.
Get off this thread or pay the Price of Hindering Me, you carpet-bagging Mileena spy! :thefinger:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

I'll post the link to the podcast when I get home. Should be a good topic to add to your guide. It's very important to make note of shortcomings. You guys are.only hurting yourselves by ignoring her faults, calling her "one of the best" when that is so clearly not the case at all.

I will say this...in my experience, you cannot be one-dimensional with Kitana, or you are REALLY setting yourself up for failure.

Damn, I forgot to mention that but post her weakness too. It kinda pissed me off how they gave her a B+3 "Low starter" and it didn't even help her at all in neutral. I didn't see anyone use at Combo Breaker last weekend, so is it useless?

Damn, I forgot to mention that but post her weakness too. It kinda pissed me off how they gave her a B+3 "Low starter" and it didn't even help her at all in neutral. I didn't see anyone use at Combo Breaker last weekend, so is it useless?

They shouldn't have given her that move, since there is absolutely no reason to block high against Kitana, and this move just makes it worse. If anything, her F2 should've became an overhead. Its like they nerfed her >_>

Kitana Thread - "My Fury is Unrelenting!"

Sonya is cheap, dude. Let's cut the bullsheet. Her mix up game is bananas! B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe throat slice is her best wake up.
I ain't no Hollaback guuurl haha

It is, unless your opponent isn't too close, in that case fan lift would be a risk or reward. Rising fan is good too if they keep on abusing armored specials since its 2 hits.

OP updated with Royal Storm guide.

Last edited:

Didn't know Special Forces had good damage lol

Last edited:
So that people start playing her. Get those Kitty juices flowing. I did this for people who like her but have difficulty using her.

I'm sorry for being such an @$$hat, honestly. I apologize.

As far as Kitana's usage- I checked her stats on the ticker Saturday evening at it read that she had over 20 million uses, this afternoon I checked again and she had around 23 million uses. Compare that to the 18 million she was listed with on May 25/26th, that's almost 7 million in one week! That's not Scorpion numbers, but you can't argue with 7 million plays in just 6 or 7 days, that's quite an uptick. Even I've been seeing more Kitanas online lately.

So I think her getting a Kombat Klass this week and her speed increase in the latest patch may have helped Kitana out tremendously. I mained Kitana during the first 2 weeks of release due to fanboyism, but I've found Takeda (Lasher), Scorpion (Ninjitsu) and Liu Kang (Flame Fist) more to my liking and found Kitana lacking in offense. Hopefully if she gets a buff, I'll main her again and she might reach her MK9 levels of gameplay awesomeness.

If the usage stats on the online ticker were to be believed, NOBODY plays with Kitana. So why even waste your time?

I'm having a hard time seeing how this is wasting his time. Even if people online don't play her often, I'm sure tens of thousands of people will still play her religiously.

Lets also keep in mind that most gamers don't play online.

Are you trolling right now? Lol, I think the majority of players in this generation of gaming play online. If most of us didn't then Microsoft would have never attempted to push the "Always Online" Policy and to add, the Online numbers on MKX speak volumes. I don't think that a group of 100 people could put the amount of "X Character used X number of times" within a month of release.

The guy is just making a guide for anyone who's interested and I respect it because the character is shit compared to every other character in the game, that alone should be your argument to not make a guide versus the number of times the character is used.

Are you trolling right now? Lol, I think the majority of players in this generation of gaming play online. If most of us didn't then Microsoft would have never attempted to push the "Always Online" Policy and to add, the Online numbers on MKX speak volumes. I don't think that a group of 100 people could put the amount of "X Character used X number of times" within a month of release.

The guy is just making a guide for anyone who's interested and I respect it because the character is shit compared to every other character in the game, that alone should be your argument to not make a guide versus the number of times the character is used.
Ever heard of a "broadband" provider called WildBlue? I had that for about 4 years when I moved to a rural area. Just TRY gaming online with that shit. It's a satellite connection. The latency resulting from sending a signal to an object literally located in outer space and back just to get an internet connection was so bad you can forget about online gaming, streaming, etc.

The local phone company eventually did give us 12 mbps DSL, but the point still stands that rural communities are still without proper broadband internet.

Last edited:

[MENTION=5186]Goddess[/MENTION] [MENTION=12345]Tarkatan Trash[/MENTION] do you use U24?

Thank you very much for starting this thread. I'm still playing Kitana very much, since she is my favorite character. No matter if she's not that good, i'll still try to main her.

Echoing all the thanks! I have a looooot of practicing to do with Kitana, though just not enough time to do it.

Like some others said, not trying to win major tournaments or anything either, but still would like to be decent enough with Kitana to win some matches. (I just want to beat Derek from the Kombat kast okay, is that so much to ask? ;_; Well if Osu16Bit can, then I have some hope lol~)

Last edited: