Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 136

Thread: Kitana Thread - "My Fury is Unrelenting!"

  1. #41
    Shaolin Monk Elias6999's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,196
    Thanked: 230
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

    Re: Kitana Thread - "My Fury is Unrelenting!"

    OP updated with new info

  2. #42
    Hollywood Superstar NathanCorsini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Brazil
    Age
    28
    Posts
    987
    PSN
    NathanCorsini
    Thanked: 225
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

    Re: Kitana Thread - "My Fury is Unrelenting!"

    So, Kitana have been updated, whoop!

    – Increased Rising Fan / Rising Blades damage by 2
    – B1 has 9 startup frames (down from 16)
    – B1,2 is now +1 on block (down from +2)
    – B1,4 is now -4 on block (down from +1)
    – Adjusted the hitbox on f1 to connect more consistently

  3. #43
    Tarkatan Warrior
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    My own little world
    Posts
    384
    Thanked: 51
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Re: Kitana Thread - "My Fury is Unrelenting!"

    Quote Originally Posted by NathanCorsini View Post
    So, Kitana have been updated, whoop!

    – Increased Rising Fan / Rising Blades damage by 2
    – B1 has 9 startup frames (down from 16)
    – B1,2 is now +1 on block (down from +2)
    – B1,4 is now -4 on block (down from +1)
    – Adjusted the hitbox on f1 to connect more consistently
    So is this the buff that Kitty desperately needs?

  4. #44
    Shaolin Monk Elias6999's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,196
    Thanked: 230
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

    Re: Kitana Thread - "My Fury is Unrelenting!"

    Quote Originally Posted by the_pathfinder View Post
    So is this the buff that Kitty desperately needs?
    Not really, though the F1 thing really is a minor buff.

  5. #45
    Tarkatan Warrior
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    My own little world
    Posts
    384
    Thanked: 51
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Re: Kitana Thread - "My Fury is Unrelenting!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Elias6999 View Post
    Not really, though the F1 thing really is a minor buff.
    Kitana desperately needs a buff. From what I can tell, she can benefit from better overheads and faster attack delivery, she's wwwaaayyyy too slow, making her cannon fodder compared to faster characters like Cassie Cage, Takeda etc.

    Hence, despite Kitana being one of my all time favorite characters in the series, I've mained Takahashi Takeda and Liu Kang thus far, those two are Beast Mode in MKX, and I plan on giving Cassie a whirl since she seems like a button-masher's dream.

    So for now, until Kitana gets her buff, I've willingly betrayed her

  6. #46
    Hollywood Superstar NathanCorsini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Brazil
    Age
    28
    Posts
    987
    PSN
    NathanCorsini
    Thanked: 225
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

    Re: Kitana Thread - "My Fury is Unrelenting!"

    Those latest updates haven't showed on my PS4 yet. When it will?!

  7. #47
    Shaolin Monk dp spandisk parafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,079
    Thanked: 102
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

    Re: Kitana Thread - "My Fury is Unrelenting!"

    Quote Originally Posted by the_pathfinder View Post
    Kitana desperately needs a buff. From what I can tell, she can benefit from better overheads and faster attack delivery, she's wwwaaayyyy too slow, making her cannon fodder compared to faster characters like Cassie Cage, Takeda etc.

    Hence, despite Kitana being one of my all time favorite characters in the series, I've mained Takahashi Takeda and Liu Kang thus far, those two are Beast Mode in MKX, and I plan on giving Cassie a whirl since she seems like a button-masher's dream.

    So for now, until Kitana gets her buff, I've willingly betrayed her
    That is a treason!!!! I´ve mained her despite all her gameplay problems!!!
    English is not my native language, SO, please refrain of mentioning it when debating with me....

  8. #48
    Mortal Kombat Champion Tarkatan Trash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Up Daisy Ridley's skirt
    Age
    35
    Posts
    9,910
    PSN
    Romo2Witten1983
    Thanked: 1717
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)

    Re: Kitana Thread - "My Fury is Unrelenting!"

    I've been way too busy trophy hunting to get any real practice with anyone else, especially my traditional favorites Kuai and Hanzo.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

  9. #49
    Shaolin Monk Elias6999's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,196
    Thanked: 230
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

    Kitana Thread - "My Fury is Unrelenting!"

    Kitana had her B14 buffed and nerfed >_>

  10. #50
    Tarkatan Warrior
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    My own little world
    Posts
    384
    Thanked: 51
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Re: Kitana Thread - "My Fury is Unrelenting!"

    Quote Originally Posted by dp spandisk parafan View Post
    That is a treason!!!! I´ve mained her despite all her gameplay problems!!!
    I am guilty of treason. but you have to admit that Kitana's not yet ready for prime time. Not until they fix her...and Flame Fist Liu Kang is hella fun to play with.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elias6999 View Post
    Kitana had her B14 buffed and nerfed >_>
    NRS needs to step up her frame rates a notch and turn f22 into an overhead, then I think she can step up to the plate with the likes of Liu Kang, Scorpion, Cassie, Takeda etc.

    I think NRS tried to make her gameplay seem graceful this time and it came with a cost. Sucks, because MK9 Kitana was just a flat out barbarian b**ch when it came to gameplay and damage dealt.

    BTW, I do think that Royal Storm is her best variation so far. Last night I did a bunch of single matches against AI on hard with Royal Storm Kitana- Out of the 20 or so matches I played, I won 12 of those. So post-buff (if we get it) I'll definitely drop whoever I'm using and get my Kitty on with the Royal Storm variation.
    Last edited by the_pathfinder; 06-04-2015 at 01:31 PM. Reason: more info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  11. #51
    Defender of EarthRealm iViTal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mileena
    Posts
    7,302
    Twitter
    @Torey_17
    PSN
    _iApollos
    Steam
    iReality35
    Thanked: 568
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)

    Re: Kitana Thread - "My Fury is Unrelenting!"

    Wins against the AI on hard doesn't mean anything lol.

    "I Make Violence Look Good"

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to iViTal For This Useful Post:


  13. #52
    Tarkatan Warrior
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    My own little world
    Posts
    384
    Thanked: 51
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Re: Kitana Thread - "My Fury is Unrelenting!"

    Quote Originally Posted by iViTal View Post
    Wins against the AI on hard doesn't mean anything lol.
    AI on Hard is better at MKX than most casual players like myself, those were some hairy and close matches.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    You guys remember how low Kitana ranked back when MK9 first came out? From what I remember, in May/June 2011 she was in the bottom half of the bracket. Then when 2012 rolled around she was in the Top 10. Moral of story: Those usage stats aren't final, MKX has only been out for a month and a half.

    Just wait until Kitana gets those buffs and overheads she has coming to her, then Sonya and Mileena fanboys will eat their words.

  14. #53
    Shaolin Monk Elias6999's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,196
    Thanked: 230
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

    Re: Kitana Thread - "My Fury is Unrelenting!"

    Quote Originally Posted by the_pathfinder View Post
    AI on Hard is better at MKX than most casual players like myself, those were some hairy and close matches.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    You guys remember how low Kitana ranked back when MK9 first came out? From what I remember, in May/June 2011 she was in the bottom half of the bracket. Then when 2012 rolled around she was in the Top 10. Moral of story: Those usage stats aren't final, MKX has only been out for a month and a half.

    Just wait until Kitana gets those buffs and overheads she has coming to her, then Sonya and Mileena fanboys will eat their words.
    No buffs. Her getting the F2 as an overhead is the only buff I would like to see.

  15. #54
    TRMK Princess Goddess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Realm of Edenia
    Posts
    2,291
    Thanked: 335
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

    Re: Kitana Thread - "My Fury is Unrelenting!"

    So I've never understood the numbers and letters people use to describe combos. Does anyone have a reference I could refer to? I tried looking up a picture of a PS4 controller with labels on it but haven't had any luck finding one.


    "One Kiss and You're Dead"

  16. #55
    Mortal Kombat Champion Tarkatan Trash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Up Daisy Ridley's skirt
    Age
    35
    Posts
    9,910
    PSN
    Romo2Witten1983
    Thanked: 1717
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)

    Re: Kitana Thread - "My Fury is Unrelenting!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Goddess View Post
    So I've never understood the numbers and letters people use to describe combos. Does anyone have a reference I could refer to? I tried looking up a picture of a PS4 controller with labels on it but haven't had any luck finding one.
    U D L and R refer to the D-Pad directions.

    1 = Square
    2 = Triangle
    3 = X
    4 = Circle

    Basically, 1 and 2 are the top row, 3 and 4 are the bottom row.
    1 and 3 are the left columns, 2 and 4 are the right columns.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Tarkatan Trash For This Useful Post:


  18. #56
    Tarkatan Warrior
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    My own little world
    Posts
    384
    Thanked: 51
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Re: Kitana Thread - "My Fury is Unrelenting!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Elias6999 View Post
    No buffs. Her getting the F2 as an overhead is the only buff I would like to see.
    Agreed. If she gets a good overhead AND faster frames on certain moves then she'll be gold.

    Last night I played 6 living towers with Kitana, beat them all and unlocked the Dark Empress skin, it was a wonderful evening.

  19. #57
    Shaolin Monk dp spandisk parafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,079
    Thanked: 102
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

    Re: Kitana Thread - "My Fury is Unrelenting!"

    Quote Originally Posted by the_pathfinder View Post
    I am guilty of treason. but you have to admit that Kitana's not yet ready for prime time. Not until they fix her...and Flame Fist Liu Kang is hella fun to play with.
    Totally Agreed... her gameplay, damage and speed are awfull, But don´t worry, I think they´ll fix her....
    English is not my native language, SO, please refrain of mentioning it when debating with me....

  20. #58
    Shaolin Monk Elias6999's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,196
    Thanked: 230
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

    Re: Kitana Thread - "My Fury is Unrelenting!"

    Quote Originally Posted by dp spandisk parafan View Post
    Totally Agreed... her gameplay, damage and speed are awfull, But don´t worry, I think they´ll fix her....
    Speed doesn't really matter, she has great mobility. Her Assassin dash, booty bump, and shadow kick are fast moves that you can use to close in on the distance.

    I'm not going to be updating much since I have exams, though I'll still be here to answer questions.

  21. #59
    Hollywood Superstar Temptress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Outworld
    Age
    22
    Posts
    836
    PSN
    EmpressMileena
    Thanked: 149
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

    Re: Kitana Thread - "My Fury is Unrelenting!"

    Quote Originally Posted by dp spandisk parafan View Post
    Totally Agreed... her gameplay, damage and speed are awfull, But don´t worry, I think they´ll fix her....
    Her damage is awful? Are we playing the same game?

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Temptress For This Useful Post:


  23. #60
    Shaolin Monk Elias6999's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,196
    Thanked: 230
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

    Re: Kitana Thread - "My Fury is Unrelenting!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Temptress View Post
    Her damage is awful? Are we playing the same game?
    F43 F43 as a combo starter is basically almost the same damage as a full Sonya combo.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The "On Blast" Show With JamessMK & DarKNaTaS Ep10: Katalin Zamiar (Kitana)
    By DarKNaTaS in forum Tournaments, Streams and Special Events
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-04-2012, 08:25 PM
  2. Kitana Thread - "You'll Learn Respect!"
    By xTHUGx in forum Characters & Gameplay
    Replies: 307
    Last Post: 05-22-2012, 10:44 AM
  3. Request: Mileena's "Be Mine" Fatality in "MK3 Costume"
    By NerdyJordy in forum Characters & Gameplay
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-10-2011, 11:38 AM
  4. Kitana's "Skarlet" alt. from MKSM??
    By I'm JUST sayin' in forum Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-17-2011, 10:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •