Why are people offended so damn easily?

People know they can play the offended card and at the very least get sypathy. At the very worst they get exactly what they want. Anyone born and bred in the UK knows this all too well.

I recently came to the conclusion that people need to travel more often.

Traveling shows you how different people are, and how biased our perceptions can get sometimes. It makes you realize how stupid is thinking of differences as something offensive, that should be stopped.

I'll give you an example: here in Brazil sometimes we hear people clamoring for the return of military government (which ran the country for 25 years, killing thousands of dissidents and basically halting Brazil's development for a while) for stupid reasons such as "people don't know how to behave anymore".

Man, does this sound preachy. Sorry abouth that, guys, but I kinda needed to write it down.

Try having people getting offended by you because you don't drink at parties even though they all know the reason to. I've literally had two people get so upset at me because I don't drink. I've never had a taste for booze, plus I'm on medication.

There's also a bunch of other stuff that I do that bothers the crap out of them, and every time they do have something bothering them with me, they run off to my boyfriend thinking he'll solve the issue. I've came to realize that no matter what I do, no matter how much of a fake smile I put on to try and please these guys, it just comes down to where they're just jealous that they can't keep a girlfriend, and their one friend that they always have to pick on and such has a steady relationship.

Because I've came across these two idiots, as well as a bunch of other people in my life that I don't care for, I basically came to the conclusion that you're just never going to please every single person. You yourself could be an offense to someone and not realize it. Bottom line, pick your battles. Some of them are going to be easy to make people realize that what they're offended by is too laughable and stupid to make a ruckous out of, other times you're just going to be bashing your head against a wall.

Yeap.

Mikes Hard is the only alcoholic beverage I can tolerate. Otherwise, I'm sitting there making god awful faces and twitching because the taste is yeauck.

I've tried believe me, I just can't enjoy the taste. I am a very picky person.

Mikes Hard is the only alcoholic beverage I can tolerate. Otherwise, I'm sitting there making god awful faces and twitching because the taste is yeauck.

I've tried believe me, I just can't enjoy the taste. I am a very picky person.
If you want something better than that, you should try Somersby Cider. Zero alcohol taste, and it tastes like sweetened apple juice since its made from apples. Cider is good, it's pretty much Beer made from apples/pears.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk