The MKX Tier List

wow this is an old thread, ill take a crack at it, this is how me and several others view the rankings as of now:

6-6-2016 MadeOfMetal's Tier List

S: Alien, Johnny, Mileena, D'Vorah, Takeda

A+: Kotal Khan, Kano, Sonya, Jax, Ermac, Cassie, Kung Jin.

A: Ferra/Tor, Shinnok, Sub Zero, Reptile, Liu Kang, Jacqui Briggs, Predator, Quan Chi.

B+: Scorpion, Tremor, Erron Black, Goro, Kung Lao, Jason, Leatherface, Kitana, Sektor, Smoke

B: Raiden, Kenshi, Tanya, Bo Rai Cho, Cyrax, Cyber Sub Zero

A+ some of them can either go one up or one down, and B+ and below are all still viable but have enough gaps in there neutral, zoning, footsies, space control or Air to ground that they need a pocket to win majors or be played through sets successfully.
it would also be good to note that my tier list does not have a Bottom tier, as many might know B is Mid tier and i feel this game is pretty well balanced considering some have very strong tools along with many strengths in all other fields and could get a small adjustment, and the low of them could be rised up a bit through several minor adjustments, and many variation's are lacking and not viable, but this tier list is based on the best variation or two of each character as a whole.

ALSO: S does not = God tier, its good matchups across the bord a couple bad ones but have general tools to deal with every situation. and the top S and A+ fall under this category.

Persoanl characters i mained: Cyrax - LK4D4, Mileena - Piercing, Alien - Acidic

nothing i said was biased, i left out personal agenda and placed according to their best skills/tools.

characters i can comment fully on is:

Cyrax is mid tier because he lacks Neutral game, and although his HTB's are great openers and can not be downplayed, all of his setups at high level matches are situational at best, there are options that are very viable to escape them, he has no true hit confirmable mixup strings like many other top tier charcaters. his only true Hit confirmable string is 111, high mid mid. his main combo starter special link is Net and it is very negative, making this option risky st best, his Buzzsaw is -8 and he can get away with this string on many characters to make his mixups safe, but the sacrifice of damage that he is left with makes it not a preferable option. his safe starter mixup into EX buzzsaw, cast a bar to make his options safe. and well he needs his meter for other things like strengthening his neutral with Armor punishes for gaps and stopping that pressure and wakeups with EX scatter port.

Mileena, has Many mixups, good footsies with B12 with option select on both hits that is hit confirmable, she has an arsenal of safe mixups, and her F3 even though slow with proper conditioning and respect she can land this or get option select throws and mixups off it. her Zoning is very decent, her anti zoning is great with tele kick. her gap closing is great with Roll and tele kick. her space control is very good with poressure strings like B12 which can be made plus 2 on block at max range, her Sai's, tele kick, and roll allow her to turn the tide through many instances she may be put in. great midscreen and corner damage. i get 52% for one bar in corner on my worst days online.

Alien, is a freak, one of my favorite characters, in Tarkatan she has the ability to make her rekkas jail, and can armor through normals. great midscreen damage, great corner damage, great range and space control with B3 and F3/F4 pounce, exo sting. has a good anti poking mid at 10 frames startup, F1. goes into mixup, and has a safe OH tail flip special, but if metered its unsafe, wich maks it fair, god knows we have many characters with safe mixups or ways to make it safe. none the less very strong mixup tools. great zoning in Acidic, great anti air's with 33, F4, U+3, D2. and alien can stop you from running in with Acid blood. also restand you, but you can armor out of the restand since its only plus 1-2 in combo. so its not a vortex any more.

Last edited: