The MKX Tier List

It comes from EventHubs, which does tier lists for all the main fighting games. I'll just list the top 10, (decided by votes / FANBOYS):
1. Scorpion (Ninjitsu) Skrub Jin
2. Reptile (Nimble) Skrub Zero
3. Scorpion (Inferno) RAID-EN-DENTALFLOSS
4. Mileena (Piercing) SKRURPION
5. Kitana (Assassin) <---- get this shit out of here put her around 45 and we'll talk
6. Erron Black (Outlaw) PINK DENTAL GIRL
7. Cassie Cage (Brawler) No No No & NO its Erron White
8. D'Vorah (Venomous) <--- 50/50
9. Johnny Cage (Stunt Double) HELL NAW OH NOnonono Johnny isnt even in top 10
10. Takeda (Shirai Ryu) <---- Only if air teleport and no blocking by oponent (yes) against gd players HELL (no)

See full list here: http://www.eventhubs.com/tiers/mkx/

What's your thoughts on this list? Your top 10?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

This version is much better

10/10 excellent read!

Can we all just accept that this is one of these fighting games DOESN'T need or SHOULD NOT have a tier list at all due to the variation gameplay system???

Can we all just accept that this is one of these fighting games DOESN'T need or SHOULD NOT have a tier list at all due to the variation gameplay system???

This post is nonsensical. Tiers provide a rough ballpark of how strong a character is. Unless MKX is perfectly balanced, there will be tiers in the gameplay, regardless of whether we know how to gauge them or not.

Variations just mean the tier list will be 3 times longer, because each variation acts as a separate character.

Tiers are important to some people, but if the roster is well-balanced, a good player can win with any character of their choosing.

... That's my story and I am sticking to it.

This post is nonsensical. Tiers provide a rough ballpark of how strong a character is. Unless MKX is perfectly balanced, there will be tiers in the gameplay, regardless of whether we know how to gauge them or not.

Variations just mean the tier list will be 3 times longer, because each variation acts as a separate character.

It's going to be more of a Tier Novella.

Tiers are important to some people, but if the roster is well-balanced, a good player can win with any character of their choosing.

... That's my story and I am sticking to it.

But they can win more often with a high tier character.
Regardless of what somebody's opinion is, you can't argue how much a character has at their disposal.

But they can win more often with a high tier character.
Regardless of what somebody's opinion is, you can't argue how much a character has at their disposal.

Exactly. I used Sindel and Jade almost exclusively in MK9, and I did just fine. I won a lot!

But the fact is Sindel was middling and Jade in particular was low-tier -- all her kombos connected high and were therefore easy to block and punish. If I were playing on a competitive level, it would've been impossible. Against most people it doesn't matter, but at a high level you need more tools.

Yeah, I get that, hence why Kung Lao was so popular in MK9. But I didn't think MK9 was well-balanced, because there were indeed characters like Kung Lao who were kinda OP. Like people think Kung Jin is kinda OP in MKX.

So I think it's neat that a guy like SonicFox can take a character like Erron Black who isn't considered OP and win tournaments with him. I also heard about someone who got very far using Rain in MK9, but I can't remember who or if he ever won a tournament with him.

Yeah, I get that, hence why Kung Lao was so popular in MK9. But I didn't think MK9 was well-balanced, because there were indeed characters like Kung Lao who were kinda OP. Like people think Kung Jin is kinda OP in MKX.

So I think it's neat that a guy like SonicFox can take a character like Erron Black who isn't considered OP and win tournaments with him. I also heard about someone who got very far using Rain in MK9, but I can't remember who or if he ever won a tournament with him.

Haha a lot of people consider Erron Black to be very OP. Personally I think people are mostly whining because SonicFox is good, but.

MK9 may not be perfectly balanced, but it's nowhere near as bad as the games before it.

In a perfect world, no character would have a favorable or unfavorable matchups...but we do not live in such world. The variation system only creates more variables. We had -ism in Street Fighter Alpha 3 and regular/shadow characters in Persona 4: Arena Ulitimax, so I don't understand why excuse has to made with MKX. Granted, the aforementioned games are more global changes, but it still influences individual characters to various degrees.

Last edited:
MKX's mixup game is so out of whack. It's really disheartening to know that this is how NRS is deciding to balance their games now. I was hoping that Injustice's Batgirl was just a fluke. But now it seems like they love Fox dick so much that they're making the entire game to cater to him.

Kitana and Mileena in the top ten?
Yeah. Top 10 Characters You'll Never See Past The Qualification Stages of Evo. ...or any competitive tournament.

For what it's worth, from the tourneys I've watched and the games I've played:

1. Kum Jizz and his 40%+ scubos from anywhere using his trusty baseball bat-cum-sex toy
2. Derrrrmac (spectral)
3. Scrubion (hell fire) and his rote 45%-ers
4. Sonya Playstation (spec ops) (*1. if she has you cornered)
5. Quan Cheese (sorcerer) (*1. if from full screen)
Special mention: John Marston zombie guy and his power balls.

Last edited:
I knew Mileena's Piercing and Kitana's Assassin will be on a top 10 list. :)

Kitana is very more responsive now in terms of commands and more powerful now in gameplay and I hope she stays this way or even better.

Mileena's Piercing variation is a life saver in all competitions and challenges in the game. No need to make other comments about it. ;)

Mileena and Kitana are awful. They would never make it to top 10.

Then who would you put in your top 10? There's several people that use Mileena that are highly ranked. I've given the top 10 that give me the most challenge online. It's all just opinions

Just because people use characters online at high rank, does not make them top tier.

Pig Of The Hut shared his early tier list opinion on a Combo Breaker feed. It's not variation-specific, which I think any good MKX tier list will have to be, but here's his top 10:

1. Raiden
2. Quan Chi
3. Sonya Blade
4. D'Vorah
5. Scorpion
6. Jax
7. Cassie Cage
8. Erron Black
9. Kung Jin
10. Sub-Zero

Pig Of The Hut shared his early tier list opinion on a Combo Breaker feed. It's not variation-specific, which I think any good MKX tier list will have to be, but here's his top 10:

1. Raiden
2. Quan Chi
3. Sonya Blade
4. D'Vorah
5. Scorpion
6. Jax
7. Cassie Cage
8. Erron Black
9. Kung Jin
10. Sub-Zero

Sounds about right

Tiers are dumb in this game because you are the same characters and variations at streamed events, no ones exploring other characters and it's lame.

Can someone explain to me what is considered "Top Tier?"
Is is based on Win/Loss Ratio or "Who can perform the longest combo/Who can perform the strongest combo?"