Ideas for MK11

How they obtained their popularity is irrelevant. The bottom line is, every other character has had upwards of 25 years worth of chances to exceed them, and they still haven't. This is The Scorpion and Sub-Zero Show, starring Scorpion and Sub-Zero for the same reason Street Fighter is The Ryu and Ken Show, starring Ryu and Ken.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

And again... I have never denied their popularity. That was never the question.
It's their relevance to the story I've estimated... and that they have nothing of.

It is an insult for the biggest stars to NEVER have a lead role after 25 years. That's just common sense.

Only fanboys get insulted and take things personally when something they disapprove of happens to a character they like.

It's sad and stupid... but also kinda funny.
I've been there as well, both with Jade and Nightwing, but I've learned to deal with it.

If we're going based on what y'all are saying, Reptile and Raiden should also have their own standalone games and being the central protagonists of future Mortal Kombat games because they are also in nearly every Mortal Kombat game (technically, while not playable Reptile is in Deception as a host for Onaga).

Only fanboys get insulted and take things personally when something they disapprove of happens to a character they like.

It's sad and stupid... but also kinda funny.
I've been there as well, both with Jade and Nightwing, but I've learned to deal with it.
Isn't this supposed to be Show Business? And isn't it common sense that the biggest stars get the most spotlight in Show Business?

THAT is why this is an insult; because the amount of spotlight they've had in story is less than their star power.

Hmm, I guess it can be interpreted as such. But when looking it up, no where does it say the gaming industry is considered show business. Theatre, movies, music, television and such, yes, but not games.

Whether or not if it is show business though, I stand by what I've said before.

Hmm, I guess it can be interpreted as such. But when looking it up, no where does it say the gaming industry is considered show business. Theatre, movies, music, television and such, yes, but not games.

Whether or not if it is show business though, I stand by what I've said before.

Well then, shifting to these other forms of entertainment to further illustrate my point...

Metallica's last tour as a supporting act was in 1986 opening for Ozzy, following the release of their 3rd album.

How many supporting roles has Harrison Ford had compared to his starring roles since his breakout role of Han Solo in the first Star Wars film?

Scorpion and Sub-Zero are in that category among their own game's roster.

Not really, considering those are real people, and Scorpion and Sub-Zero are not. They are fictional characters without the capability of thinking themselves. Every action they do, every word they say, are written and created by other people, namely the developers of the game.

The people of Metallica and Harrison Ford are real people who are capable of thinking for themselves and acting on their own volition. Scorpion and Sub-Zero aren't.

That said, some popular side-characters have indeed starred in their own spin-offs before. Like Timon and Pumbaa from the Lion King, for example. And as mentioned before, that could happen with Scorpion and Subbie... But they're always side-characters in the main story though.

Timon and Pumbaa were not the characters people paid to see in the Lion King. Scorpion and Sub-Zero ARE who people pay to see in Mortal Kombat. The native characters fans pay to see should have top billing. What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

This is The Scorpion and Sub-Zero Show, starring Scorpion and Sub-Zero for the same reason Street Fighter is The Ryu and Ken Show, starring Ryu and Ken.

You love to say that, but Ken is missing from MVC:I launch roster.

The outcry of "no X-Men" seems to be even bigger than Ken, going by that logic.

EDIT:

And as mentioned before, that could happen with Scorpion and Subbie... But they're always side-characters in the main story though.

Yes, exactly.
Now that their story has come to a amicable conclusion, it's time for other characters to shine.
No need for their side-story to be shoved into every game.
As it is, those 2 are on every piece of promotional material, so there's no real need to also have another side-story in MK11 with them, given that anyone who picks up the game will know that those 2 will be in it.

Last edited:
You love to say that, but Ken is missing from MVC:I launch roster.

The outcry of "no X-Men" seems to be even bigger than Ken, going by that logic.

EDIT:

Yes, exactly.
Now that their story has come to a amicable conclusion, it's time for other characters to shine.
No need for their side-story to be shoved into every game.
As it is, those 2 are on every piece of promotional material, so there's no real need to also have another side-story in MK11 with them, given that anyone who picks up the game will know that those 2 will be in it.
Any Capcom game that doesn't have both Ryu AND Ken is not a pure Street Fighter game.

No, it's a Marvel VS Capcom game...
source.gif

And it's not canon anyway.

MKvsDC isn't cannon, either, but Midway chose some of their most popular characters for that game, as well, and other Trilogy characters didn't make the cut.

You see?
I'm not saying that Ken isn't a top popular character, but rather that those are the characters that were chosen for THAT game, and just like how Ken isn't on the main roster for that game, some of the other Trilogy characters can either sit out for a game or be rotated with others for the next game.
No big deal.
That's what I'm getting at, regarding the Trilogy roster in general (not just Sub-Zero and Scorpion).
That was my point in post #615 and #620 of page #31, before it veered off into being about only Sub-Zero and Scorpion (which I was only trying to use as prime examples of 2 Trilogy characters that don't need their story to be told in every single game).

Last edited:
I hope Liu Kang and Kitana can take over as the real bad guys because I'm thinking MK11 is hinting at the Netherrealm being the real bad guys. Quan Chi and Shinnok are rendered useless due to their storyline deaths, meaning Liu and Kitana get a chance to be the top bad guys despite being former good guys.

Kung Lao, Sindel, Smoke, Kabal, Nightwolf, Jade and Stryker are just there like wallpaper. Jax, Scorpion and Sub-Zero weren't around long enough to be long-term evil threats. New additions to the revenants could include Mileena, Rain, Baraka, Cyrax and Sektor since D'Vorah killed Mileena and Baraka, Rain got burned on a stake after being deserted by Tanya, Sektor was killed by Sub-Zero, and Cyrax voluntarily self-destructed to help Sub-Zero and the Lin Kuei get a fresh new start after their infamous Cyber Initiative program was out of control.

Dark Raiden would probably be more of an anti-hero at best. I don't want to see an exact repeat of Armageddon 2.0 again, for it would make the franchise reboot all pointless for nothing, so no Onaga, Blaze, Taven or Daegon as the top baddies.

The reason why I hope Liu Kang and Kitana stay villains is because it would make even the typically evil characters like Tanya, Goro, Reptile, Shang Tsung, Mileena (if she's alive for MK11), Rain and Kotal Kahn (those except Kotal who have previously feuded with Liu and Kitana as villains in the past but now they should probably chip in and feud with Liu Kang and Kitana as more heroic characters this time) gain more credibility as heroic characters even if it's just for the moment. Maybe Earthrealm (except for Raiden's clique) and Outworld could finally put aside their differences and work together to stop Liu Kang and Kitana.