Ideas for MK11

Having Kitana and Mileena (and Sonya I guess) as DLC is like making Rain as DLC.

You'll get a bunch of people asking the same question over and over again, "Why weren't they added in the main roster?"

As much as I'm for having the roster change for the sake of seeing new faces, I can't see them putting Kitana and Mileena as DLC if they were not to appear in future games and people want them in. I just don't see that happening.

As much as I'm for having the roster change for the sake of seeing new faces, I can't see them putting Kitana and Mileena as DLC if they were not to appear in future games and people want them in. I just don't see that happening.

That pretty much seems to be what may just have happened with Tri-Borg, though.
NRS had no apparent plans for Cyber Smoke and Sektor in MKX, as Sektor is dead in MKX and Cyber Smoke was retconned out of existence in MK9, but fans begged for those 2 and Cyrax and they were all put in MKX as DLC.

But at least with Triborg, they made a somewhat clever creation to have all three/four characters into one. Whether or not it sits well with fans of the cyborgs, still they found a way to put them in the game.

With other characters, you can't necessarily do that. Like, if the variations still stays with Mortal Kombat in the future, can you ever see them combine two-three characters together for the sake of pleasing people that their favorites are in the game?

So many people wanted Quan Chi's assassins to be in the game, and each variation would be one of the assassins, I can't see them doing this with other characters.

Agreed, but they're still selling MK3 characters as DLC, which is my point.

They did that with Jade and Shang Tsung, though.
Mournful Kitana technically is almost Jade, and with a little more work could be an exact Jade with just the name on the healthbar being different.
The same goes for Impostor Shinnok and Shang Tsung.
With a little more thought put into it, yeah, Impostor Shinnok could have definitely pleased the Shang Tsung / character morph fans.

They've done it already with other characters, though, to a certain extent.
In fact, I'm pretty sure that if they wanted to, NRS could have also made Noob Saibot a 4th Sub-Zero variation, much like they did for Cyber Sub-Zero and Tri-Borg.

Last edited:
I think ferra/torr should return. He is very fun and unique. I think jaquie was received worst than torr

We get it, you don't like Jacqui, you're just beating a dead horse to death at this point.

And no, Ferra/Torr wasn't that well received as much as I don't want to admit it.

Am not attacking jaquie but she was as bad revived as ferra torr so why do people only think ferra is not gonna make it

If NRS likes Ferra/Torr, they're going to use Ferra/Torr as many times as they want. How do you guys not understand this? lol

Fujin was requested far more than Bo' Rai Cho was... And guess what? We got Bo' Rai Cho. Because NRS has a hard on for him.

If NRS likes Ferra/Torr, they're going to use Ferra/Torr as many times as they want. How do you guys not understand this? lol

Fujin was requested far more than Bo' Rai Cho was... And guess what? We got Bo' Rai Cho. Because NRS has a hard on for him.

By that same token, though, how do we know that NRS didn't originally want to have characters like Kung Lao, Liu Kang and Kitana as unplayable NPC story characters (like Sindel, Baraka and Rain), but they decided to put them in due to fan demand?

By that same token, though, how do we know that NRS didn't originally want to have characters like Kung Lao, Liu Kang and Kitana as unplayable NPC story characters (like Sindel, Baraka and Rain), but they decided to put them in due to fan demand?

How do you know they didn't plan to put them in the main roster from the beginning

How do you know they didn't plan to put them in the main roster from the beginning

We don't, and that's precisely my point.

Going back to what I originally replied to, it can't just automatically be assumed that NRS has a hard-on for Bo Rai Cho, and that because Bo being in as DLC that Fujin got screwed over.
Perhaps Fujin was never in their plans for MKX.
We don't know.
Trust me, I want Fujin as a playable character more than probably anyone one this site, but saying something like that is also reaching a bit, imo.

It's no secret NRS loves Kang and Lao. Do I feel that fan demand played a part in it? Absolutely. But the demand worked alongside their own personal interests, I'm sure.

We don't, and that's precisely my point.

Going back to what I originally replied to, it can't just automatically be assumed that NRS has a hard-on for Bo Rai Cho, and that because Bo being in as DLC that Fujin got screwed over.
Perhaps Fujin was never in their plans for MKX.
We don't know.
Trust me, I want Fujin as a playable character more than probably anyone one this site, but saying something like that is also reaching a bit, imo.

As DLC, NRS should have put a little more care into what people wanted/expected. It's DLC for a fighting game. It's new characters and costumes. They don't release DLC that effects the story being told. Therefor they should probably listen to what fans want in this case.

People wanted cyborgs and we got it. Best DLC decision they've made so far. But there wasn't a whole lot of demand for Bo' Rai Cho. NRS loves Bo' Rai Cho and that is absolutely the reason we got him.

Fujin not only had an appearance in the story but was also teased by Boon during Cassie's selfie fatality. Passing on him over a terrible character like Bo' was a slap in the face and shows that NRS makes terrible decisions.

I love watching KP2 reveal reactions on youtube and laughing at everyone who is either like "Who the hell is Bo' Rai Cho?" or "Omfg not that a**hole! Why him?"

KP2 received backlash for a reason. And both NRs and their fans are at fault. Demand from the few and very vocal and stupid fans + the refusal to properly listen or challenge themselves on NRS's part has hurt this game badly, imo.

Last edited:
It's no secret NRS loves Kang and Lao. Do I feel that fan demand played a part in it? Absolutely. But the demand worked alongside their own personal interests, I'm sure.

I have never seen NRS expressing any type of favoritism towards Bo Rai Cho, though.
Kenshi? Yes, we all know that Ed has a Booner for him.
Other post-MK3 characters? Not really.

As DLC, NRS should have put a little more care into what people wanted/expected. It's DLC for a fighting game. It's new characters and costumes. They don't release DLC that effects the story being told. Therefor they should probably listen to what fans want in this case.

People wanted cyborgs and we got it. Best DLC decision they've made so far. But there wasn't a whole lot of demand for Bo' Rai Cho. NRS loves Bo' Rai Cho and that is absolutely the reason we got him.

Fujin not only had an appearance in the story but was also teased by Boon during Cassie's selfie fatality. Passing on him over a terrible character like Bo' was a slap in the face and shows that NRS makes terrible decisions.

I love watching KP2 reveal reactions on youtube and laughing at everyone who is either like "Who the hell is Bo' Rai Cho?" or "Omfg not that a**hole! Why him?"

KP2 received backlash for a reason. And both NRs and their fans are at fault. Demand from the few and very vocal and stupid fans + the refusal to properly listen or challenge themselves on NRS's part has hurt this game badly, imo.

What NRS percieves as "what the people want" is subjective, though.
For the most part, they seem to listen to what a big portion of the fanbase wants (Tremor), but sometimes the small vocal group gets what they want too. *Cough*Tanya*Cough*

While Bo Rai Cho didn't have many Tweets, there were 1 or 2 Tweets about him.
Granted, it wasn't as much as Fujin, but we don't know the real reason why he was put in.
Perhaps they were catering to both the majority of the fans (who are hung up on the Trilogy roster) with Tri-Borg, and the minority of the fans with Bo Rai Cho.
Who knows?

You're preaching to the choir, as far as Fujin goes.
Again, I wanted him to be playable more than anyone else on here, but whether NRS purposely did it to piss off fans or whether they just had another agenda (more likely, imo) is unknown.

Yeah, and there is also a small vocal minority who are like "Cool, Bo Rai Cho is back."
I was part of that vocal minority until they revealed that he still retains the toilet humor, which I don't care for.

KP2 mainly received a backlash for Alien (which funny enough, some others requested) due to him being a Tarkata-morph and Leatherface, which no one asked for, but NRS / WB likely put him in because there is a Leatherface movie coming out.

I have never seen NRS expressing any type of favoritism towards Bo Rai Cho, though.
Kenshi? Yes, we all know that Ed has a Booner for him.
Other post-MK3 characters? Not really.

What NRS percieves as "what the people want" is subjective, though.
For the most part, they seem to listen to what a big portion of the fanbase wants (Tremor), but sometimes the small vocal group gets what they want too. *Cough*Tanya*Cough*

While Bo Rai Cho didn't have many Tweets, there were 1 or 2 Tweets about him.
Granted, it wasn't as much as Fujin, but we don't know the real reason why he was put in.
Perhaps they were catering to both the majority of the fans (who are hung up on the Trilogy roster) with Tri-Borg, and the minority of the fans with Bo Rai Cho.
Who knows?

You're preaching to the choir, as far as Fujin goes.
Again, I wanted him to be playable more than anyone else on here, but whether NRS purposely did it to piss off fans or whether they just had another agenda (more likely, imo) is unknown.

Yeah, and there is also a small vocal minority who are like "Cool, Bo Rai Cho is back."
I was part of that vocal minority until they revealed that he still retains the toilet humor, which I don't care for.

KP2 mainly received a backlash for Alien (which funny enough, some others requested) due to him being a Tarkata-morph and Leatherface, which no one asked for, but NRS / WB likely put him in because there is a Leatherface movie coming out.

I recall interviews and such where Boon talked Bo' Rai Cho up quite a bit. I'm not going to try and hunt them down or dig through Ed's twitter... But I know he does in fact love the character.

Also, wasn't the Alien backlash relatively minor compare to Bo' and Leatherface?

And as for Leatherface not being asked for, there were people who requested him actually. Mostly outside of this forum, but there were a few on here who did. I remember having debates with them on why he would be an awful choice.

I recall interviews and such where Boon talked Bo' Rai Cho up quite a bit. I'm not going to try and hunt them down or dig through Ed's twitter... But I know he does in fact love the character.

Also, wasn't the Alien backlash relatively minor compare to Bo' and Leatherface?

And as for Leatherface not being asked for, there were people who requested him actually. Mostly outside of this forum, but there were a few on here who did. I remember having debates with them on why he would be an awful choice.

I don't recall Ed ever talking Bo Rai Cho up, ever.

I recall plenty of people outside of this forum being pissed that Baraka was wasted for the Xenomorph, and there are those that would have preferred Baraka to Alien.
There were plenty of people who were pissed that we got 2 more guest characters as DLC, rather than 4 more MK DLC characters.

That's news to me.
Nowhere on Twitter or outside of the forums do I recall anyone asking for Leatherface.
The ones that most people (probably casuals) asked for the most were Fujin, Reiko, Cyrax, Sektor, Smoke, Alien and Michael Meyers.
I guess NRS can't please everyone, though.

I don't recall Ed ever talking Bo Rai Cho up, ever.

I recall plenty of people outside of this forum being pissed that Baraka was wasted for the Xenomorph, and there are those that would have preferred Baraka to Alien.
There were plenty of people who were pissed that we got 2 more guest characters as DLC, rather than 4 more MK DLC characters.

That's news to me.
Nowhere on Twitter or outside of the forums do I recall anyone asking for Leatherface.
The ones that most people (probably casuals) asked for the most were Fujin, Reiko, Cyrax, Sektor, Smoke, Alien and Michael Meyers.
I guess NRS can't please everyone, though.

Again, I can't go back and read through months of twitter posts and what not. But Leatherface was among the names of horror icons people wanted. Leatherface, Michael Myers (which would be even more of a disaster), Spawn, Pin Head...

Again, I can't go back and read through months of twitter posts and what not. But Leatherface was among the names of horror icons people wanted. Leatherface, Michael Myers (which would be even more of a disaster), Spawn, Pin Head...

I remember Spawn, Pinhead, and Michael Meyers, but I don't recall any requests for Leatherface.
Must have been that minimal.
Regardless, I do remember that people were WAY more pissed that we got 2 more guest characters in KP2, rather than 4 more MK characters.

I remember Spawn, Pinhead, and Michael Meyers, but I don't recall any requests for Leatherface.
Must have been that minimal.
Regardless, I do remember that people were WAY more pissed that we got 2 more guest characters in KP2, rather than 4 more MK characters.

I remember that too... As I was one of the people pissed about more guest characters. lol

But I have no way of proving the Leatherface requests, so all we can really do is drop it.

This would be my perfect roster.

untitled1_zpssujyziaa.png

This would be my perfect roster.
Not bad, although they wouldn't ship with so many characters. Injustice/MKX shipped with 24 and were successful. SFV will be super successful with only 16. There's no reason for them to not be complacent with 16-24 and then sell the rest on the side as DLC.

Anyway, I would love to see Motaro and Drahmin again, even though neither is likely to happen.

Is there a reason you dropped Takeda and Tremor? They were some of the best-received new characters for MKX, so I'm just surprised by that decision.