10% OF THE WAY THERE.....(Mortal Kombat Comic/ Encyclopedia Related....Need Help)

I wonder if it's anything to do with getting copyright for certain characters from John Tobias? I have no idea, just throwing out ideas. There must be a reason behind it, as surely Boon/NRS/WB own the rights to most of this stuff -- what would the reason be?

I don't think that's it. I just think it's him saying no to say no. They did the comics and leased them out to DC. I don't see that being the problem as DK often works with DC and Marvel both, also Capcom, etc.

I don't think that's it. I just think it's him saying no to say no. They did the comics and leased them out to DC. I don't see that being the problem as DK often works with DC and Marvel both, also Capcom, etc.
Someone really needs to put this to him on a public platform somewhere. Something with a camera and mic.

Also: what the hell happened to the PC version? (with all that question entails, including KP2)

He hasn't made many appearances besides the award show where KP2 was announced, so finding someone to ask him these things is difficult.

We are asking MK fans to ask folks who work at NRS to see if they can talk to Ed. Brian Chard, Dom C, John Vogel, Etc.

Last edited:
Bumping this back up.

We might have to go the unofficial route, and we have made contact with folks who were involved with MK - who are no longer involved with NRS, though. So, maybe John Tobias?

If you folks haven't seen the mock ups on twitter, we suggest you check them out. @encyclopediamk