Reptile's True Name Revealed?!

BBBLP

Robot Rock
@10:50

Raiden says "Step aside 'Scyzoth'!"
To which Reptile says "You know my true name"

I know that these intros are largely non canon, but historically when an element of a character's background is introduced it's legitimate. Pretty cool.

Cool name. Wish they'd go into more detail about reptile in story instead of always giving the good guys the Spotlight all the time. Well Reptile Ermac and and Kotal aren't exactly evil.

Yo chill the fvck out videogames!!

First Yoshi now Reptile's true name is revealed?
Jeez my heart can't take much more lol.

I thought Reptile's name was Komodai at first.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

I thought you were BSing but I looked it up and damn.

It said on the MK Wiki though that he was supposed to be a replacement for Reptile instead of Reptile himself.

I thought you were BSing but I looked it up and damn.

It said on the MK Wiki though that he was supposed to be a replacement for Reptile instead of Reptile himself.
I wish Threshold was still doing MK on TV. Their material was FAR better than this Legacy crap...even Annihilation is better than Legacy.

I wish Threshold was still doing MK on TV. Their material was FAR better than this Legacy crap...even Annihilation is better than Legacy.

Not saying legacy was good, but annihilation is one of the worst movies to ever exist. Legacy was bad, but no where near that bad. There were. At some decent fight scenes and not all of the acting was bad.

Not saying legacy was good, but annihilation is one of the worst movies to ever exist. Legacy was bad, but no where near that bad. There were. At some decent fight scenes and not all of the acting was bad.

This. The gap between MK1 and MKL is as wide as the gap between MKL and MKA.

"Komodai" is a cooler name, though. Syzoth sounds like it desperately wants more z's and x's in it. Y'know, like Zxyxzoth.

"Komodai" is a cooler name, though. Syzoth sounds like it desperately wants more z's and x's in it. Y'know, like Zxyxzoth.

I kind of disagree. Komodai sounds like a bad attempt at making a link to Komodo dragons.

Syzoth sounds like "Si-zoth". One z, no x's. More original.

I kind of disagree. Komodai sounds like a bad attempt at making a link to Komodo dragons.

Syzoth sounds like "Si-zoth". One z, no x's. More original.

I've seen so many reptilian and insectoid names with the letters S, Y, an Z in them over the years, that just seeing those letters again makes me roll my eyes. Also X's. Especially X's.

I think my favorite, when I was 12, was an insectoid demon in the Diablo franchise named Xazax. The great thing about all these letters is you could spell his name Xazszaks and it would be pronounced exactly the same!

I've seen so many reptilian and insectoid names with the letters S, Y, an Z in them over the years, that just seeing those letters again makes me roll my eyes. Also X's. Especially X's.

I think my favorite, when I was 12, was an insectoid demon in the Diablo franchise named Xazax. The great thing about all these letters is you could spell his name Xazszaks and it would be pronounced exactly the same!

Let's not forget Prince Xizor from Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire

For a non-human character, Reptile sure has great facial expressions!

Other names I would have guessed:
- Spike
- Barney
- Pastal
- Jim Morrison

I've played all the Diablo games, I'm having trouble recalling exactly what enemies those were, but I guess I can see the resemblance in the sound, even though they didn't use all those x/z's. When I hear Scyzoth and think reptilian it reminds me more of Sleestaks for some reason though.

I don't really play many other games with a lot of reptile characters besides my usual Argonian character in the Elder Scrolls, and their names can be all over the place.

I've played all the Diablo games, I'm having trouble recalling exactly what enemies those were, but I guess I can see the resemblance in the sound, even though they didn't use all those x/z's. When I hear Scyzoth and think reptilian it reminds me more of Sleestaks for some reason though.

Xazax isn't actually from the games, he's from the novel Lord of Blood.

Shame they keep screwing with Reptile. As the first hidden character in MK, he should be given few more important things to do in the story than he is. He has such a mysterious background, they could give him his own mini series of video games. I'd love some origin stories about him. Zaterra's history should really be explored.

I love that Reptile was treated as an equal in storymode. I actually have high hopes for him to be far more of a threat in MK11.