Cassie Cage is NOT Felice Herrig

reikoiskahn

Alright, this one is for all of my mixed martial arts fans out there.

As many of you know, tonight, UFC on Fox will feature Paige Vanzant facing her hardest challenge to date in Felice Herrig. The fight is certainly going to be a good one but something else is on my mind: Herrig's arrogance. She's talked down to Paige and shown to be a troublemaker on TUF. How does this relate to Mortal Kombat, you ask? Well, if you all were unaware, Herrig recently claimed that Cassie Cage was made in her image. She seems to think she has enough evidence for a legal case, citing Cassie's look, selfie fatality, and the fact that she chews bubblegum. In an interview just days prior to meeting Vanzant tonight, Herrig said that she had her lawyers looking into things to see what the next move will be. How conceited, ill-informed, and delusional is this broad? I'll post a comparison picture down below. Give me your thoughts:

Herrig-Kombat.jpg

I don't think she's going to sue NRS, I just think she's using this to grab attention... Which wouldn't be surprising considering her personality. If people want to know what I'm talking about, search her on Instagram, Twitter, etc. Better yet, just watch the season of The Ultimate Fighter she was on.

Who?

18UnknownBroads

Felice Herrig is a Female Mixed Martial Arts Fighter who currently fights in the Strawweight (115 lbs) division in the UFC. Coincidentally, she's fighting tonight. Anywho, she's been making comparisons to herself and Cassie Cage and is saying that NRS modeled Cassie after her.

I don't think she's going to sue NRS, I just think she's using this to grab attention... Which wouldn't be surprising considering her personality. If people want to know what I'm talking about, search her on Instagram, Twitter, etc. Better yet, just watch the season of The Ultimate Fighter she was on.

Felice Herrig is a Female Mixed Martial Arts Fighter who currently fights in the Strawweight (115 lbs) division in the UFC. Coincidentally, she's fighting tonight. Anywho, she's been making comparisons to herself and Cassie Cage and is saying that NRS modeled Cassie after her.

Does she have a valid case? Or is it something so ridiculous that they could just dismiss her easily?

Does she have a valid case? Or is it something so ridiculous that they could just dismiss her easily?

Like I said, people are jumping to conclusions (not reikoiskahn, but the majority of the MMA Community, and MMA Media Outlets) and are THINKING she's gonna sue.

I highly doubt she's going to, and she's just using this for attention, as well as getting her name out there more. Every fighter is trying to do the latter because of Ronda Rousey's success.

Like I said, people are jumping to conclusions (not reikoiskahn, but the majority of the MMA Community, and MMA Media Outlets) and are THINKING she's gonna sue.

I highly doubt she's going to, and she's just using this for attention, as well as getting her name out there more. Every fighter is trying to do the latter because of Ronda Rousey's success.

Herrig WISHED she was Cassie Cage last night after Paige served up a piping hot ass whooping. That was bad!

Its a resemblance sure but I cant see this going anywhere in court. You need a little more than that.

Ask Lindsay Lohan

Mike Tyson had a far stronger case to sue Capcom over a character whose name and likeness resimbled him to the point of infringement than this MMA fighter does over Cassie Cage anyway...and Tyson's camp never took any legal action as far as I'm aware.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Mike Tyson had a far stronger case to sue Capcom over a character whose name and likeness resimbled him to the point of infringement than this MMA fighter does over Cassie Cage anyway...and Tyson's camp never took any legal action as far as I'm aware.

Not a Capcom fan at all so I've never heard of this...which character was a Tyson ripoff?

Not a Capcom fan at all so I've never heard of this...which character was a Tyson ripoff?
His name in North America is Balrog, but his name in Japan (and probably the Asian market in general) is M. Bison (the M obviously stands for Mike). This was the primary reason 3 of the 4 bosses in SF2 had their names switched around in the North American market. The Spanish ninja was initially Balrog and the Shadaloo leader was initially named Vega (I believe he was originally named after a star in the galaxy), but Capcom of America felt the name Vega was more fitting of the Spanish ninja, especially since that name is of Spanish origin. (Spanish is the second most spoken language in the US, and much of the modern US was once part of the Spanish Empire, and a good chunk of that land was part of Mexico until 1848). M. Bison going to the Shadaloo leader left a huge mystery of what the M stood for, to the point where he was simply referred to as "Bison" (I've read the M in M. Bison as the Shadaloo leader as being Major Bison, Master Bison, and Mighty Bison). The primary reason though was because Capcom of America was afraid of a lawsuit from Mike Tyson for name and likeness infringement, but it turns out that SF2 was released around the same time Tyson went to jail for rape.

Last edited:
Lindsey Lohan did the same thing

k7aqxym9yoq5lrtt9o7m.png

incredibly stupid.

I'm positive she dropped it. Last time I heard about it was around the time MKX released which that has been a while ago now.