Accidental Brutalities

I performed Sonya's X-Ray one by accident. Tried it a couple times then and couldn't figure it out anymore. Does someone know how to do this?

Yes there are hidden brutalities. Kung Jin for example has 7 (which I have seen - maybe he got even more)

Sonya's X-Ray is a counter. The opponent has to attack you while you do it to activate it.

Yeah, I've performed Sonya's unlisted X-Ray Brutality a few times. I've tried performing it recently & it doesn't seem to be working.

You're probably not the only person, but I (personally) really don't care that some Brutalities are easier than others.
It just means that some Brutalities feel more rewarding when you pull them off, IMO.
Sonya, Raiden and Sub-Zero all have 1 or 2 easy brutalities.
Don't care. *shrugs*

Kotal Kahn's "Sawed Off" Brutality feels more rewarding than Sub-Zero's uppercut, Sonya's Kick and Raiden's Electrocution Brutalities.

Not what I was trying to get at,
I'm not bugged at how easy some are. That's fine. I'm just bugged by doing accidental brutalities at points where my mind is set-to-go on Fatalities or Faction Kills.

I'm not bugged at how easy some are. That's fine. I'm just bugged by doing accidental brutalities at points where my mind is set-to-go on Fatalities or Faction Kills.

Ah, ok.
I see.

I can see how that can be annoying, but I f you know what those moves are that trigger Brutalities, try to avoid them, then.
I know, for example that freezing my opponent and uppercutting them as the last hit will trigger Sub-Zero's Brutality, so I will do my best to avoid the uppercut being the last move after the freeze, if I want to do a Fatality instead.

Make sure you didn't meet the prerequisites. Those will be listed for each Brutality in the pause menu under the Finishing Moves. Some are easier than others, though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Ah, ok.
I see.

I can see how that can be annoying, but I f you know what those moves are that trigger Brutalities, try to avoid them, then.
I know, for example that freezing my opponent and uppercutting them as the last hit will trigger Sub-Zero's Brutality, so I will do my best to avoid the uppercut being the last move after the freeze, if I want to do a Fatality instead.

Yeah, but I don't know most of the inputs, and I'm sure someone here can relate when I say that pausing/going to the moves list in gameplay is another thing that bugs me.
I assume I'll just have to memorize the Brutality inputs so I don't do them unless I want to.
I like the brutalities, don't get me wrong, but there are some fights where I really wanted to do a fatality or a faction kill on for imaginary or story preferences and I can't because it ends in a sudden way that I didn't want it to. It's a heavy pet peeve of mine to have the ability to end my opponents whatever way I want, and then something else stop me from doing so.
Like I said before, I'm picky when it comes to how I want to finish my opponent, and even though I've already seen all of the fatalities, I still love to watch them again, and again, and again. Because of how great and new-gen they look.
It's always been a pet peeve of mine.

Most of the easy Brutalities are just universal special moves done at the end of the match (i.e. - Sub-Zero, Sonya, Raiden).
Just don't do that specific special move or combo as a final hit in the final round.
I don't see how this is a big deal.
If you know that freezing and uppercutting the opponent as a final move cause a brutality, then don't uppercut after the freeze as the last move.
Simple.
I'm sorry, but it's really not that hard to avoid the easy Brutalities, once you know what they are.

Most of the easy Brutalities are just universal special moves done at the end of the match (i.e. - Sub-Zero, Sonya, Raiden).
Just don't do that specific special move or combo as a final hit in the final round.
I don't see how this is a big deal.
If you know that freezing and uppercutting the opponent as a final move cause a brutality, then don't uppercut after the freeze as the last move.
Simple.
I'm sorry, but it's really not that hard to avoid the easy Brutalities, once you know what they are.

You're talking about a completely different thing.
From what I've said so far, you're assuming I'm doing the easy brutalities.
Okay, maybe I did once or twice, but after 4 times with 3 different characters, sometimes not even at the end of them match, it got on my nerves.
You've been pulling out how most are easy brutalities and assuming that I've done exactly that, easy brutalities, and that I can just not do them for good. Have you read this thread title?
You seem bothered by me having this issue. Not everyone can memorize and remember not to do it at the time. Some brutalities were completely unexpected, and didn't say anything about 'final round hit' and I still hit them, not wanting to.
Alright, what's your point? Knowing what they are has been the discussion of the first pages and discussions. I'm discussing my own feelings and issues towards them and asking other people their experiences.

I was using the easy Brutalities as an example, not specifically implying that you ONLY did those.
The point still stands that most people who have replied to this thread, thus far, haven't done "accidental Brutalities" as many times as you have, which it seems like you do "accidental" Brutalities A LOT.
If you're doing "accidental Brutalities" as often as you claim, then you're obviously doing an input requisite at some point in the match to trigger it.
Find out what it is that's triggering it, and avoid it.
That's my point.

I dont talk about her Xray but about her Xray brutality

Yeah, I've performed Sonya's unlisted X-Ray Brutality a few times. I've tried performing it recently & it doesn't seem to be working.
I investigated this somewhat. After performing it accidently on Kano ( so awesome...)

I think the condition may be related to the number of special moves you connect during the match or winning round. Try to experiment in 2 player mode. At the first time just perform normals to reach low health. The second time use energy rings and the third use arc kicks.
You will perform brutality from last xray move for the 2 specials ones but not the normals.

This is my theory now.

And we can safely rule out time and health conditions.

[MENTION=6310]Tanyas Husband[/MENTION] does this mean you bought a new console?!

God I wish I could say yes.
No, If I did, I'd of kicked your ass by now :laugh:
My friend is an MK fan and he preordered it on PS4. I only got to play it once so far at his place, I'll probably play it again on friday when I visit.
I'm working on getting a job, and if the job doesn't work out, I'm gonna be selling a whole bunch of sh*t to get a PS4
Anyway, expect me to get a new console by July

God I wish I could say yes.
No, If I did, I'd of kicked your ass by now :laugh:
My friend is an MK fan and he preordered it on PS4. I only got to play it once so far at his place, I'll probably play it again on friday when I visit.
I'm working on getting a job, and if the job doesn't work out, I'm gonna be selling a whole bunch of sh*t to get a PS4
Anyway, expect me to get a new console by July

I'm probably getting a PS4 on June (crossing fingers) or maybe before if I manage to sell my PS3 at a good price (Around 600 dollars).

I'm probably getting a PS4 on June (crossing fingers) or maybe before if I manage to sell my PS3 at a good price (Around 600 dollars).

Wait, huh?
You're selling a PS3 for 600 Dollars?
I can get a brand new 500 GB PS3 for $150 right now. You sure that'll sell?

Wait, huh?
You're selling a PS3 for 600 Dollars?
I can get a brand new 500 GB PS3 for $150 right now. You sure that'll sell?

I'm sure, I live in Argentina, everything is ridiculously expensive here. :laugh:

A new PS3 costs around 800 dollars without Move or anything.

I'm sure, I live in Argentina, everything is ridiculously expensive here. :laugh:

A new PS3 costs around 800 dollars without Move or anything.

Jesus.
How much would a PS4 be?
Also, Yeah, If you get a PS4 in june then I'll probably be getting one around the same time.
If this job at dollar tree pulls through on tuesday, I'll have MKX and a PS4 by the middle of May. But if not, I'll probably have it either at the same time you do or a while after.
Strangely, It's very difficult to make $300, when 2 years ago I could get $300 in a week.

Jesus.
How much would a PS4 be?
Also, Yeah, If you get a PS4 in june then I'll probably be getting one around the same time.
If this job at dollar tree pulls through on tuesday, I'll have MKX and a PS4 by the middle of May. But if not, I'll probably have it either at the same time you do or a while after.
Strangely, It's very difficult to make $300, when 2 years ago I could get $300 in a week.

New PS4? Around 1000 to 1300 dollars depending on where you buy it.