If You Was Netherealm..

Every 5 years is FAR too long of a wait.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Gotta agree with Trash on this one - As painful as it is.

I'd say 2-3 years is the maximum. There was too much time in between MK9 and MKX. One game cannot last that freakin' long. Even with updates. The gap in between the last two games was too much. I actually lost interest in the series for a while.

Gotta agree with Trash on this one.

ed6d7f02e38a490f6bd61e284cfc0690.jpg

Where is Ricochetmatt and what have you done to him

- two+ X-rays per character (or one per variation)
- slow game speed down 2~3%
- breakers cost 1/3 meter
- X-rays activate at 2/3-meter and increase in power until meter is full
- give characters unique weights, speeds and strengths
- add more stalwart characters as DLC
- introduce taunts for characters
- given the characters more verbalised exclamations during fights / attacks
- give characters unique properties for their neutral j.punch and jumping kick attacks
- and option for all variations to be available at the same time (either be default or by Deception / DA stance swaps)
- more / more interesting / better alternate outfits
- employ a new team to code online play
- apologise for fleecing customers so unashamedly with DLC

There was too much time in between MK9 and MKX. One game cannot last that freakin' long
Especially with the gameplay NRS are peddling...

Add more arenas. Reimagine come classics and bring some from deception and deadly alliance. Also if change the tech roll back to how it is in MK9 because it's extremely hard to get off the ground in this game and that's pretty damn annoying.

If NRS decided to switch engines (UE4), it's going to take additional time and resources to learn and modify it. MKX looks dated by now, and it will certainly look more dated in the next few years. There are free to play games on PC that have much better visuals. So yeah, add 2-4 years on top of the usual 4 years.
By that time they can get away with pretty much anything. People will still buy it.

I actually lost interest in the series for a while.

That's why a 4-5 year gap or longer is a bad thing. Fans will lose interest. We cannot have that at all.

I'd have a Kitana and Jade spinoff game where they'd save Edenia. The story would be non-canon and mostly based on what happened in the previous timeline.

Scorpion and Sub-Zero have priority. In fact, after Shaolin Monks, a Scorpion and Sub-Zero game was next on the list anyway, before Midway's worsening financial situation got in the way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

1. Have a better tie in to the comics
2. More Chapters
3. More QTE especially with characters that didnt have a chapter
4. Better Koin rewards. (seems like im getting nowhere)
5. Remove Easy Fatalities/Skip Battles- Useless to me
5. If you unlocked a 2nd fatality without the Krypt, When you open tomb that had the fatality will now give you koins instead.
6. Remove Kung Lao, Kitana & Liu Kang bc they aren't playable anyway and replace them with Fujin, Reiko and Tanya
7. STOP ING OUT CHARACTER SO QUICK. THESE ARE SUPPOSE TO BE DEADLY FIGHTERS YET WERE RARELY SEE WHY THEY ARE SO DEADLY. (Ex: Frost was down in 2 hits)
8. Final Boss...I liked where they were going with Corrupted Shinnok, but he looked to much like Dark Kahn, Blaze with all the cracks and orange!
9. Giving everyone a fair share of costumes, not just the popular characters. everyone should have a Minimum of 5.
10. Practice Mode. I really wish they would do it like Virtual Fighters. Where the screen prompts you with an Input and you complete it and move on to the next Input. (For each section Basic Kombos & Special). I know they have a Tag/Untag for the game but I really would like to have it like VF's bc I was the easiest way for me to learn.
11. The Krypt is AMAZING but i really dislike the movement, i thought it was more open world like, but instead its very blocky/robot like

Im sure ill be back to add...but I still do love this game!

Last edited:
if i was NRS:

- Improve gameplay mechanics by adding projectile collission, balancing characters like Scorpion so they are not abusive(i would make his Spear drag the oponent if the oponent is standing, walking or running only, if the spear hits the oponent mid air or falling, it will not do that.).
- Add Classic fatalities like Toasty, Spine Rip, Head Snack remade and improved.
- Replace Kung lao with Fujin, Sonya with Sektor and Kitana with Jade.
- Improve Story Mode.
- Bring Tag team mode back.
- Give each character 2 variations (3 are too much and a waste of time).

3-5 years is too long to wait. Outsource Injustice 2, the game wasn't that good anyways. MK11 should not feature any recycled stories from the 3-D games. I'd like to see a brand new boss as well.

If I was NETHERREALM,I. would make sure that all of the video games will work & will guarantee that they'll work with or without porting on last generation video game consoles

If I was NETHERREALM,I. would make sure that all of the video games will work & will guarantee that they'll work with or without porting on last generation video game consoles

That's a guarantee you might not be able to live up to though. If NRS has problems with it, I doubt that would change with you.

If I was Netherrealm, next time, I would reveal characters that were dead as revenants with extreme few exceptions.

For exemple, Jax and Sub-Zero could have been shown alive.

But seriously, Kitana and Liu Kang were almost a scam.

Ok, Kitana's primary looks fabulous, but it just doesn't make sense for me.

Specially Liu Kang. That old outfit is cool, but it's irritating. He never becomes that. That's the most useless outfit ever.

And while I have no Revenant/Emperor, I have to fight against that non existent person.

If I was netherrealm, I'd make all the NPCs playable in a surprise beyonce-album-drop-type DLC pack, even if they are just MK9 swaps.

For this game?

- Release skin packs after the Kombat pack every 3 months until Injustice 2, or whatever their next project is, comes out. Maybe explore some of the early looks for the characters in the concept art.
- Make DLC pack #2 with Fujin, Rain, and Baraka.
- Around Christmas, release two new stages. One being a new Pit concept, complete with a (hidden) stage fatality.
- Invest in bringing in a networking company to help with patching the netcode.

For MK11:

- Use Unreal Engine 4 with some updates where needed.
- For the human characters, bring in and scan actors and actresses (ala NBA 2K15), and build the character's look on top of those scanned models.
- Avoid the glossy, rubbery look of MKX (my only gripe with it's look).
- Improve cloth, hair, and material physics. Give fabrics more dynamic movement.
- Bring in an outsourced team to help work on and continue to improve the netcode.
- Add an extra hour to the story mode, delve a bit deeper into the new cast of characters' stories.
- Add a hidden third fatality to all characters.
- Develop an A.I. system that can play like your friends and well-known pro players like Justin Wong, similar to other games. Make these A.I. profiles downloadable.

How about you fix Faction Wars. Everybody is jumping ship to Lin Kuei what's the fun of that? Average out the amount of WP able to achieve based on amount of members in faction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk