The Krypt Attacks - Not Random?

ThatRandomGuy42

So by now I'm assuming most of you have been to the Krypt and presumably have been attacked by the lovely occupants of the graveyard, caves or Shao Khan's temple. At first, I thought they were like MK9's jump-scares - random and non-predictable - but now I'm not so sure.

I've seen a bunch of videos and in every single one, people are attacked by a wolf standing next to the entrance to the spider cave with only one or two exceptions. I'm not sure if it's only a 'first time' thing but the frequency makes me think. Also, I've heard in the cave, people are attacked by 3 spiders in a row in quick succession in one part of the cave and once they have been killed, they don't happen again.

So I have some questions for you all:
When and where have you been attacked by the monsters?
After you kill them, do they reappear?
If you failed to kill them, did they attack you again in the same place?

I'm hoping that we can work where the attacks take place. I know many - myself included - hate jump-scares but if their not random, then they can be dealt with.

Wolves confirmed at:
9, 2

Spiders confirmed at;
5, 4 (Shortly after entering)
6, 24 (must be looking in the correct direction)

Last edited:
Judging by some videos I've seen:

A wolf should attack at the entrance to the spider cave
Inside the cave, a spider will attack the player at the coordinates 5,4.

I think some of them are not random. But I've ran into a wolf in a spot that no one has and it scared the shit out of me. I think the idea that you know it's going to be there is what terrifies me more

I think some of them are not random. But I've ran into a wolf in a spot that no one has and it scared the shit out of me. I think the idea that you know it's going to be there is what terrifies me more

Where did it happen? 5, 20 is another possible wolf location.

Also, some more possible locations of spider jumpscares.
1, 14
6, 25
8, 34
-11, 13

These are unconfirmed though.

yeah, some are a specific locations. most are random however but can be triggered. When my friend grabbed the spider gem he was attacked by 4 spiders, I only got 3.

I think I've worked out another thing.
The attacks happen at specific areas but whether they will happen there are totally random.
I told a guy about a spider at 6, 24. He went there and nothing happened. Then he turned round in the same spot and he got a spider.

Where did it happen? 5, 20 is another possible wolf location.

Also, some more possible locations of spider jumpscares.
1, 14
6, 25
8, 34
-11, 13

These are unconfirmed though.

The first krypt entrance by the spider tunnels when you have the choice to go towards spider tunnels are garden of despair I decided to try to go to the garden of despair after getting the shit scared out of me before even attempting to go to the spider tunnels. So I went left and at the end of that small walkway I was attacked. I don't know the name of that location all I do know is that I haven't seen anyone else attacked in that spot and it terrified me because I was literally just attacked

I also was attacked by 3 spiders in a row. They were bugged though and wouldn't die so I failed on all 3. Never saw them again, though.

When you buy something, like a koncept, just don't read for too long inside the Krypt and go back to it.

Trust me.

Sent from Earthrealm. Please, beware the Thunder God!

I'm pretty sure it's random. First time I went into the Spider cave, they were everywhere. When I went back, I only saw one or two.