[SPOILER] Who we know wont be in mk11 and your mk11 roster predictions.

Whatever happens, there's no way Raiden will die. If anything, he'll become an Elder God and Fujin will take his place as defender of Earthrealm and leader of the White Lotus.

NRS won't kill off an icon of the franchise and the only genuinely 'pure' good guy.

He didn't look so pure and good in that extra sequence in the credits IMO, and I love him for it. :)

Nevertheless I'd get behind Fujin succeeding him after Raiden's ascension... or dismissal, either way works.

Something tells me Reiko won't survive the comic, so he's probably out too.

He didn't look so pure and good in that extra sequence in the credits IMO, and I love him for it. :)
He doesn't seem to be 'evil' though, as opposed to just pumped up on Jinsei magic and really, really pissed off at the various attempts to attack Earthrealm. He's basically going to go Chuck Norris on anyone who so much as looks like they're going to invade. Old-school, harmonious, look-to-the-Elder-Gods-for-advice Raiden is no more. :d

I wouldn't be so certain about Quan Chi's exclusion. I'm also certain all of the newcomers will be back. This game was all about introducing new blood. Can't see any of them being left out therefore. Reptile may well be back. Everyone needs henchmen. Although I think if he's not I'd finally be ok with him missing a game.

Wasn't that deal rejected?

Also, Raiden isn't mortal. Those guys were.

Raiden actually isn't an elder god. He had to give up his status to be able to step foot on earth as its protector. Shinnok and fujin are both elder gods but they didn't have to do such thing. Fujin just prevented total annihilation with raiden.

He doesn't seem to be 'evil' though, as opposed to just pumped up on Jinsei magic and really, really pissed off at the various attempts to attack Earthrealm. He's basically going to go Chuck Norris on anyone who so much as looks like they're going to invade. Old-school, harmonious, look-to-the-Elder-Gods-for-advice Raiden is no more. :d

Aye, that's what I like so much about Dark Raiden's character, he's not your everyday power hungry villain that kicks kittens in the face for shits and giggles. But even if he's not the main boss or gets killed per se, I just don't see him NOT being an antagonistic force in MK11's story.

For the new comers I'm only uncertain on Ferra/Torr.

I also feel like Johhny/Sonya/Jax/Kenshi/Kung Lao/Kano will sit next one out.

Kitana - Liu Kang - Raiden in for sure.

Sindel - Rain - Tanya in as well.

Reptile and Ermac... I feel like one of them could be out.

Baraka - Quan Chi - Shinnok - Sektor - Shang Tsung - Shao Kahn - Mileena out for sure. Cyrax is a maybe.

Sareena, Li Mei, Bo Rai Cho very likely imo.

3-4 new characters. No Sheeva-Kintaro-Goro-Motaro.

Mavado, Hsu Hao, Shujinko, Kobra and other dead ones are out as well.

Reiko and/or Havik very likely. Also Fujin.

I don't expect Smoke, Noob, Jade, Kabal, Stryker, Nightwolf to make a come back.

So here is the roster I'm thinking with a few wild cards:

- Liu Kang
- Kitana
- Raiden
- Cassie Cage
- Jacqui Briggs
- Takahashi Takeda
- Kung Jin
- Erron Black
- Kotal Kahn
- Sub Zero
- Scorpion
- Fujin
- Li Mei
- Sareena
- D'Vorah
- Bo Rai Cho
- Tanya
- Rain
- Sindel
- Reiko
- Ermac
- Hotaru
- New
- New
- New
- New

Raiden actually isn't an elder god. He had to give up his status to be able to step foot on earth as its protector. Shinnok and fujin are both elder gods but they didn't have to do such thing. Fujin just prevented total annihilation with raiden.
Fujin isn't an elder god.
Shinnok is a 'fallen'/ex elder god.
Raiden is an ex elder god.

Raiden, as you say, used to be an elder god, but he isn't now. The elder gods are those blue hologram type guys you see at the end of MK9. They're unable to directly intervene in mortal affairs, so they use vessels such as Raiden and Fujin, both of whom are gods but not elder gods.

I feel like Shang Tsung should return in MK11 since it been a long time since we seen him and it would be nice to see what happen to him after MK9.

Lol at all these assumptions. You really thing thwy will get rid of most of the oldies? And add again this Reiko and Havik and Sareena nonesense? Boy, you are down for major roster hate thread in 4-5 years.

Extremely-high Chance

1. Kung Jin
2. Cassie Cage
3. Jacqui
4. Takeda
5. D'Vorah
6. Sub-Zero
7. Scorpion
8. Raiden
9. Kotal Kahn
10. Erron Black

High Chance

11. Mileena
12. Kitana
13. Liu Kang
14. Johnny Cage
15. Sonya Blade
16. Jax
17. Kano
18. Kenshi

4 of these in order from highest chance to lowest

Reptile
Ermac
Ferra & Torr
Smoke
Li Mei
Daegon
Taven
Tanya
Rain
Fujin
Bo' Rai' Cho
Cyrax
Frost
Tremor
Sareena

The rest will be new characters. I don't believe Havik, the Chaosrealm, or Orderrealm will play a role in the next game, sadly. I believe the villains will be a combination of Raiden and the two rulers of the Netherrealm.

Last edited:
i think mkx should be a nice send off for -
Johnny Cage
Sonya Blade
Jax
Kenshi.
I think it all depends on how well the kid replacements are received by the fans when nrs goes to make mk11. Cassie has a great chance of replacing her parents in the game esp. Sonya.

They'll probably have less of a role in the story mode, but they won't be excluded from the roster yet. They were too prominent in MKX.

ok lets break it down and go from there:
Playable Characters:
Ermac- Alive
Jax- Alive
Johnny Cage- ALive
Kano- Captured
Kenshi- Alive
Kitana- Alive/Queen of the Netherrealm
Kung Lao- Alive/Possibly restored to human self
Liu Kang- Alive/King of the Netherrealm
Mileena- Deceased
Quan Chi-Deceased
Raiden- Alive
Reptile- Alive
Scorpion- Alive
Shinnok- Immortal Impossible to kill but now a severed head
Sonya Blade- Alive
Sub-Zero- Alive

New Characters:
D'Vorah- Alive
Erron Black- Alive
Ferra & Torr- Alive
Jacqui Briggs- Alive
Kotal Kahn- Alive
Kung Jin- Alive
Takeda Takahashi- Alive

Cameo's/NPC's:
Baraka- Deceased
Bo' Rai Cho- Alive?
Frost- Alive
Fujin- ALive
Kabal- Alive/ Revenant
Li Mei- Alive
Moloch- Deceased
Nightwolf- Alive/Revenant
Rain- Alive
Reiko- Unknown
Sareena- Alive
Sektor- Deceased
Shao Kahn- Deceased
Shang Tsung- Deceased
Sindel- Alive/Revenant
Smoke- Alive/Revenant
Stryker- Alive/Revenant
Noob Saibot/Bi-Han- Deceased?

As for the Next Roster of Characters, i expect to see fewer Veterans and more Rookies! I'll come up with a list of who I think will should/will be in the next game.

As for roster predictions:
Mkx returnees:
Scorpion
Subzero
Raiden
Cassie
Jacqui
Kotal
Kung jin
Takeda
Erron black
Kitana
Liu kang
Kung lao
Dvorah
Ferra/Torr

4-5 newbies

Old returnees:
Fujin- now that raiden is dark he is new earthrealm protector
Tanya- obviously
Rain-obviously
Bo rai cho
Havik and reiko if they dont die in comics
Frost
Kai is a maybe
Hotaru is a maybe
Cyrax prob will be in
Lei mei-obviously

You might want to add Sareena and Nitara.

Ferra/Torr are definitely making it into MK11.

Boon's said more then a few times that Ferra/Torr are his favorite of the new characters.
Boon's favorites will always have a high chance of making the roster.

So you better count on Kenshi making the roster as well.

Last edited:
What was the point of capturing Johhny Cage and keeping him alive? I honestly thought both Sonya and him were going to die. With most of the baddies gone the next game is looking to be very lackluster in terms of characters and story wise

In my opinion, all of the new comers in MKX have to return for MK 11. They cant keep pulling this 1 game and then never seen again crap anymore

What was the point of capturing Johhny Cage and keeping him alive? I honestly thought both Sonya and him were going to die. With most of the baddies gone the next game is looking to be very lackluster in terms of characters and story wise

That was actually the one part of the ending that I loved. 99 times out of 100, it'll be a female character who gets kidnapped and has to be rescued (see: MK1 the movie). This time, it was Johnny Cage, because Shinnok wanted his revenge. And Johnny's daughter had to save him. Awesome.

As to why they kept him alive? Because he's a very important character to the franchise.