So Kung Jin is Gay

Now I know why they went as far as modelling and animating 3D balls but no pussy. I can also see what they've meant by "women looking like women", and why their sudden apparel change. It also explains why Skarlet and Jade weren't included.

And thanks to this forum I started to think that Rain was gay just because of the clothing. Might as well throw in Erron in there thanks to his alt. Kano's looking gay as well because he's shirtless. His son was adopted, don't even try to argue. Kotal gets an excuse because...well...Aztec warrior...but then his alt confirms that he's gay. Liu kang alt with his man tit hanging out? Dead people cannot hook up, therefore gay. D'vorah and Mileena making out...Instant gay. Cassie looks like a skinny dude in her workout pic, therefore our first sex change character. In fact, it's safe to say that everyone else who didn't get their orientation identified is indeed gay.

NRS senior designer at a scheduled meeting: "Hey guys, you know our last game? Tits and ass overload? Well, it's time to turn the tables around."

oh and kung jin sucks, gay or not

Now I know why they went as far as modelling and animating 3D balls but no pussy. I can also see what they've meant by "women looking like women", and why their sudden apparel change. It also explains why Skarlet and Jade weren't included.

And thanks to this forum I started to think that Rain was gay just because of the clothing. Might as well throw in Erron in there thanks to his alt. Kano's looking gay as well because he's shirtless. His son was adopted, don't even try to argue. Kotal gets an excuse because...well...Aztec warrior...but then his alt confirms that he's gay. Liu kang alt with his man tit hanging out? Dead people cannot hook up, therefore gay. D'vorah and Mileena making out...Instant gay. Cassie looks like a skinny dude in her workout pic, therefore our first sex change character. In fact, it's safe to say that everyone else who didn't get their orientation identified is indeed gay.

NRS senior designer at a scheduled meeting: "Hey guys, you know our last game? Tits and ass overload? Well, it's time to turn the tables around."

Christian-Bale-Laughing-at-Awards-Show.gif

I'm really curious to see what they continue to do with the four newbies. I think, oddly enough, Takeda has the most to work with story wise. He has his relationship with Jacqui, which they explored in MKX, he has his two fatherly figures, Hanzo and Kenshi, both of whom have their own storylines, and he has his vendetta with the Red Dragon group, specifically Daegon. The rest, I have no idea? I guess Cassie will do whatever the Special Forces does, but I'm hoping she has a little more flavour to her. I feel like Takeda and Jacqui will have the most to work with in MK11, and somehow, I can see Jacqui getting wrapped up in Takeda's vengeance storyline.

Christian-Bale-Laughing-at-Awards-Show.gif

I'm really curious to see what they continue to do with the four newbies. I think, oddly enough, Takeda has the most to work with story wise. He has his relationship with Jacqui, which they explored in MKX, he has his two fatherly figures, Hanzo and Kenshi, both of whom have their own storylines, and he has his vendetta with the Red Dragon group, specifically Daegon. The rest, I have no idea? I guess Cassie will do whatever the Special Forces does, but I'm hoping she has a little more flavour to her. I feel like Takeda and Jacqui will have the most to work with in MK11, and somehow, I can see Jacqui getting wrapped up in Takeda's vengeance storyline.

It's all but confirmed that Cassie is gonna be our Liu Kang for a while, lol.

I don't get your point. Half of what you typed is just obvious BS pulled from your ass.

Are you just overly exerting your disappointment that you didn't get naked straight kombat? Im asking seriously. Because I'm ok with any form of Mortal kombat as long as it's fight to death/realms/cool concepts/good fight mechanics. So unlike all the MK9 haters, I was ok with skin showing, I find sex appeal ALOT less harmful or "bad" than brutally killing someone.

In some areas of the world, this is definately true. But in others, not so much.

IF you can find countries that are killing gay people or punishing them for being gay, that are also playing mortal kombat, then your point here would have merit. Showing PRO gay things in countires that are already heading in the right direction isn't helping the gay people who are actually in trouble.

this is why feminism is stupid on tumbler, because they tell other americans about how a woman was raped and she got punished for being raped. Other americans can't do anything about that. If you want to TRULY help them, you need to find some way to send ideologies, and our evidence over there.

That's like knowing your neighbor is being abused, and you tell other neighbors about it, but you don't actually help the person being abused. KNOWING about a problem in a different country and different language, isnt going to help them at all. What good is raising awareness, if no one is learning their language and finding some way to show them the same facts we know?

I don't get your point. Half of what you typed is just obvious BS pulled from your ass.

Are you just overly exerting your disappointment that you didn't get naked straight kombat? Im asking seriously. Because I'm ok with any form of Mortal kombat as long as it's fight to death/realms/cool concepts/good fight mechanics. So unlike all the MK9 haters, I was ok with skin showing, I find sex appeal ALOT less harmful or "bad" than brutally killing someone.

I wasn't being serious if you couldn't tell. Just poking fun at general NRS design decisions and some nonsense I've read on this forum. But thanks for telling me your preferences I couldn't give two turds about.

IF you can find countries that are killing gay people or punishing them for being gay, that are also playing mortal kombat, then your point here would have merit. Showing PRO gay things in countires that are already heading in the right direction isn't helping the gay people who are actually in trouble.

this is why feminism is stupid on tumbler, because they tell other americans about how a woman was raped and she got punished for being raped. Other americans can't do anything about that. If you want to TRULY help them, you need to find some way to send ideologies, and our evidence over there.

That's like knowing your neighbor is being abused, and you tell other neighbors about it, but you don't actually help the person being abused. KNOWING about a problem in a different country and different language, isnt going to help them at all. What good is raising awareness, if no one is learning their language and finding some way to show them the same facts we know?

You have an excellent point there, and it was my fault for expanding the conversation to areas that might not be relevant in the context of Kung Jin and Mortal Kombat. My apologies.

Yeah, I'm just confused why this is turned into a deal.

I see gay people and straight people equally. So if the entire cast was gay, I wouldn't care as long as it's 99.9% about realms/killing/fighting for survival.

I feel like people are just focusing on it, as an achievement that gay people are more accepted. I saw this as a natural direction that would have taken place with time anyways.

Gay people have all the evidence on their side, to prove they aren't "messed up or weird people". That's why the young generation is so progressive on this stance. We use the internet more than the older generation so we're exposed to more real faqs. and get fact checked.

People who watch TV are stuck seeing things from a single or 2 narrative.

I'd say give props I suppose. I'm just not a fan of forced narrative. If a developer wants to make a straight white male protagnist, they should be allowed to do so w/o scrutiny. Same goes for anyone who wants to make a gay lead character, or a female lead character.

I may have slightly overreacted simply cuz I'm tired of seeing hate thrown at people who don't want forced progressive equality in their games. It's a piece of fiction at the end of the day.

this should explain my stance on why I don't want it "forced"

If NRS just wanted to put out a hand of their own fruition toward LGBT, I like it alot.

But what I don't like are people trying to force social correctness in pieces of fiction. If a developer wants to make that I'm fine. I just don't like the whole "It's about time MK fed into LGBT" As if every developer needs a female lead, or gay/trans characters in order to be accepted.

Couldn't have said it better. I'm cool with this move as long as NRS weren't pressured or coerced into it, which unfortunately is happening in a lot of media these days. Not with just the LGBTQ community, but other minority groups such as people of colour, women, etc.

I don't think NRS are forced or trying to force this into MK. I would like to think that they too are seeing the progression that is with having gay characters in media, feeling it is being alot more accepted and that they thought it would be cool to show that they too support this progression, but without having it feel forced. And personally, I think they did well with a nice subtle hint to it without going all out about it.

I wasn't being serious if you couldn't tell. Just poking fun at general NRS design decisions and some nonsense I've read on this forum. But thanks for telling me your preferences I couldn't give two turds about.

Fair enough, I showed you my preferences so incase you were one of those people, you would know immediately I'm not attacking you and that I have a pretty neutral stance. I wasn't trying to show my preferences for the sake of it.

I don't think NRS are forced or trying to force this into MK. I would like to think that they too are seeing the progression that is with having gay characters in media, feeling it is being alot more accepted and that they thought it would be cool to show that they too support this progression, but without having it feel forced. And personally, I think they did well with a nice subtle hint to it without going all out about it.

With the NRS employee that pointed it out. It seemed they wanted to do it themselves.

By trying to defend a developers rights to making a straight white male targeted game. It can often sound like gay/woman hate. When it's not. So it's hard for me or I suppose Taj to explain our position w/o sounding like we're anti anything.

I just don't want to "oppress" creative minds by creating some kind of political standard. That's all.

We don't know the decision behind it. Me and Taj are just simply hoping it wasn't because of political pressure.

I know, the way they did it was splendid as I said before, and I'm really happy with it, but we don't know what the thought process was in regards including this element of Kung Jin's character. Obviously we will never know the true reason, but all I'm saying is that I HOPE it wasn't due to pressure.

The movie Noah that recently came out has been under fire for not having a diverse cast. As a person of colour, I could honestly give a thousand shits. Let the director make the movie his way, just because the cast was visibly white, doesn't mean the dude is a racist.

I know, the way they did it was splendid as I said before, but we don't know what the thought process was in regards including this element of Kung Jin's character. Obviously we will never know the true reason, but all I'm saying is that I HOPE it wasn't due to pressure.

I don't know... To me it sounds rather hilarious if someone from up top, maybe WB itself, came in to the NRS office and went all "Make a gay character! NOW! It's totally the shit right now and we need to ride that wave like a Thai ladyboy riding a fat rich guy from Florida!"...

... I doubt that's what happened though. XD

Fair enough, I showed you my preferences so incase you were one of those people, you would know immediately I'm not attacking you and that I have a pretty neutral stance. I wasn't trying to show my preferences for the sake of it.

Right I see. Here's a bit I don't understand in your previous post: "I find sex appeal ALOT less harmful or "bad" than brutally killing someone." Especially the last part. Huh?

You find sex appeal less harmful than brutally murdering someone? In a game where that is the main point?

You find sex appeal less harmful than brutally murdering someone? In a game where that is the main point?

I'm jabbing at people who cry about cleavage as if it's sinful, But then their immediately ok with ripping out intestines. I just think that's slightly hypocritical

Oh. Sex appeal has always been a part of MK. Yes even the 2D games, more so in 3D. Whoever cries about cleavage doesn't have an argument to begin with. It's just your regular whining & complaining.
I have to admit though that in MK9 they went overboard. I understand the outworld assassins, Shao Kahn loves ass and tittays. But why characters like Sonya? I don't get it.

Last edited:
Re: The pointless kung Jin discussion

Agreed.
I'm glad that none of the new characters in MKX died in story mode.
I really feel with these 8 new MKX characters, that NRS has a solid group of new characters to help carry the series forward.
In 1 game NRS has made me like 7 of the 8 new characters, which is more than can be said for the old timeline.
I think, in the old timeline, that I liked 6 new debut characters from that whole MK4 thru MK:A era.
That's 4 games in which most of the debut characters I didn't like as much.
MKX is off to a good solid start with these 8 newbies, this time around.
Aside from the 8 new characters, all they need to do for MK11 is add 4 more new characters and bring back the obligatory klasssics so that people don't riot.

Yeah. Before I read a rumour that Ferra/Torr or D'Vorah was going to die and I'm glad that didn't happen. I actually like all of the new characters at this point - even Ferra/Torr whom I hated at first.

I agree that, after playing story mode, the new 8 are a strong group. Sadly not all of them got equal space - especially Ferra/Torr. Which is a shame, because right now they look a bit dumb and remind me of Goro. A mere punchwalk, although we know there's more to them.

I think that 4 new for MK11 is realistic. I wouldn't expect more. There's no need really.

I think MK11 in a way will be the game many of us were looking forward to for a long time - mainly due to the PS2/obscure characters finally getting some spotlight without being in the shadow of the elite few.

As for Kung Jin...

My main question is... Did NRS make him gay just for the sake of it because it's now "cool" or because they thought that might add something to MK?

As for him being actually gay, I don't care. I'm like "whatever". As long as it's not over the top and done in a respectable manner, why not.

But at first I thought Jin and Cassie had a thing going. Who did Cassie fall in love with then?

Last edited:
Couldn't have said it better. I'm cool with this move as long as NRS weren't pressured or coerced into it, which unfortunately is happening in a lot of media these days. Not with just the LGBTQ community, but other minority groups such as people of colour, women, etc.

Can you give us an example of what it would take for NRS to be coerced? What is the difference between say... customers of a restaurant wanting steak added to the menu and gamers of our generation wanting more diverse characters in their game? Where do you draw the line between people constantly asking and NRS being bullied into something they don't want to do? Cause the only time I've ever seen I suppose some kind of force in media in the CORRECT direction was when it was actually deserved or if it was simply some academic study of current events that became a popular subject of conversation online. In short, I don't see where this coercion is coming from or how can I determine what is coercion by a customer and just garden variety demand?

Re: The pointless kung Jin discussion

Yeah. Before I read a rumour that Ferra/Torr or D'Vorah was going to die and I'm glad that didn't happen. I actually like all of the new characters at this point - even Ferra/Torr whom I hated at first.

I agree that, after playing story mode, the new 8 are a strong group. Sadly not all of them got equal space - especially Ferra/Torr. Which is a shame, because right now they look a bit dumb and remind me of Goro. A mere punchwalk, although we know there's more to them.

I think that 4 new for MK11 is realistic. I wouldn't expect more. There's no need really.

I think MK11 in a way will be the game many of us were looking forward to for a long time - mainly due to the PS2/obscure characters finally getting some spotlight without being in the shadow of the elite few.

As for Kung Jin...

My main question is... Did NRS make him gay just for the sake of it because it's now "cool" or because they thought that might add something to MK?

As for him being actually gay, I don't care. I'm like "whatever". As long as it's not over the top and done in a respectable manner, why not.

But at first I thought Jin and Cassie had a thing going. Who did Cassie fall in love with then?

Cassie fell in love with herself.