So Kung Jin is Gay

Re: The pointless kung Jin discussion

As I said I don't care he can make love with trees or cows really I don't care I just wanted to point out what I got from it but nvm

Well, as has been pointed out to you already, there's confirmation from an official source that it is indeed about him being gay and not about what you said. So now you know.

My mother tongue isn't English so can't that be a woman to if you say 'whom'?

"whom" can mean any gender, but in the conext of the conversation it means a man. Kung Jin mentions that the Shaolin will not accept him. Raiden combats this by saying they do not care about who he loves. This then reassures Kung Jin, proving that this is what was bothering him.

The Shaolin wouldn't care if Kung Jin loved women, as Liu Kang himself is in love with Kitana.

"whom" can mean any gender, but in the conext of the conversation it means a man. Kung Jin mentions that the Shaolin will not accept him. Raiden combats this by saying they do not care about who he loves. This then reassures Kung Jin, proving that this is what was bothering him.

The Shaolin wouldn't care if Kung Jin loved women, as Liu Kang himself is in love with Kitana.

Thx for the "translation" :) hahahaha

Don't reply to me with smiley faces, what are you? Gay?

Now I don't feel bad for shouting anti-gay profanities when people whoop me with KJ.

I joke.

I'm glad they did it, and I'm glad it's just a part of his character that just exists and makes sense in terms of who he is. It's a great little deal, and they didn't do it for extra press coverage or anything like that. Well done.

Very implied that he was gay, also apparently confirmed by someone who directed the game.
It shouldn't really matter. It's a way for NRS to reach out to all audiences more.

I still find it funny how people are so obsessed with whether or not a game character is gay. The Pyro in TF2 has been theorized to be a homosexual or a woman or a man or a homosexual woman and I love him/her to death.

in other words: really why is this even a topic? If it's so subtle that theres a discussion then it really just shows how unchanged he is by this aspect and how little it defines him as a character.

If it bothers people, don't play as him.

If it doesn't bother people, go play as him, or not, depending how you view him, playable-wise.

In my opinion, I think he's cool because he's an archer and archers are always cool in my books. However, I haven't touched him just yet because I am interested in getting better with Erron's Gunslinger and Mileena's Ethereal.

If this is a troll bait thread, oh well. If not, at least the topic hasn't gone into ultra chaotic mode like it usually does after page five.

I think it's cool that he's a gay character. But I mean... it's only like... a 30 second conversation, so we don't really get much intel or exploration as to who he is otherwise. We do get two love stories with Johnny and Sonya and Takeda and Jacquie, which I thought was sweet. But it was just kinda... I wish there was more exploration for Kung Jin. But I really can't see it being explored with nothing for him to be attracted to, since MK9 and MKX has made it clear that love between fighters can happen. I mean... Jin aint got nobody to love. He didn't have some partner that cared for him and mourned him leaving to save the world. Nothing of the sort. It's just two bit information at this point.

I think they were probably carefully testing the waters. Hopefully we'll learn more about Kung Jin and his relationships in the next game.

I'm hoping so. Give him some motivation to be a hero and all. I want to see that. I think I was really enjoying Takeda and Jacquie's romance. I was really rooting for them and didn't want them to die.

To be honest I really don't care... but it kinda makes sense... and it kinda adds more to his character because otherwise he was kinda just a jerk.

I'm hoping so. Give him some motivation to be a hero and all. I want to see that. I think I was really enjoying Takeda and Jacquie's romance. I was really rooting for them and didn't want them to die.

Same!! I really enjoyed their story and I liked how the story went around them.

I'd want Kung Jin to fall for a guy from the bad side. The guy from the bad side can either be gay, bi, or straight. If the guy Kung Jin falls attracted to is gay or bi the bad guy can be given a task to seduce Kung Jin just to get information and then betray him but however that bad guy also falls for Kung Jin. If the bad guy is straight, then the bad guy would be given the task to seduce Kung Jin just for some information or whatever is needed and then will ruthlessly betray Kung Jin after.

If the bad guy is gay or bi, I can see him having an Ada Wong-Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil) type of relationship.

If the bad guy is straight, it'd be like those typical guys who seduce gayen just to rob them or use them just to get money (or whatever they need) from them type of story.

I can picture that kind of guy from the Black Dragon Clan.

Anyhow, existing characters that I see taking such an antagonistic role against Kung Jin would be...
- Kobra
- Jarek
- Stryker (Working for Netherrealm but I don't think Kung Jin would want to make love with a zombie.)
- Dairou
- ERRON BLACK (We don't know about his sexual life. I mean the way he's dressed in his alternate outfit and the way he holds his belt as a pose or taunt reminds me of strippers from Magic Mike.)