So Kung Jin is Gay

I'd much rather them make a new character than reveal that an existing character is gay.
I'd be heartbroken if Sektor loved the dick.

I'd much rather them make a new character than reveal that an existing character is gay.
I'd be heartbroken if Sektor loved the dick.

But then you could finally realize your love for him and be together forever!
... Well, except for the fact he's a fictional character, that is, so who freaking cares. XD

I like how every time I kill Kung Jin with a brutality Johnny says"WHOOPS SPILLED THE GIN!!"

Will you guys please realize that the word homophobic doesn't even make any sense..
A phobia is an intense irrational fear of something.So I have to ask when was the last time you seen someone see a gay person and go run away screaming ?Have you met anyone who was so uncomfortable with a gay person that they just couldn't be in the same room and they just freaked out??

You people call others homophobic because they just don't care for the gay community or what they stand for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like how every time I kill Kung Jin with a brutality Johnny says"WHOOPS SPILLED THE GIN!!"

Will you guys please realize that the word homophobic doesn't even make any sense..
A phobia is an intense irrational fear of something.So I have to ask when was the last time you seen someone see a gay person and go run away screaming ?Have you met anyone who was so uncomfortable with a gay person that they just couldn't be in the same room and they just freaked out??

You people call others homophobic because they just don't care for the gay community or what they stand for.

You're right that in the true sense of the word "Homophobia" means to be irrationally scared of homosexual people. And that is not the case most of the time, it is more irrational hatred than fear. So yes, in the true sense of the word, it is indeed wrong.

However, instead of arguing that the word is used wrong, you do realize what people mean when someone is being homophobic, right? You do realize that it is the irrational hatred that is referred to, right? They might use the word wrong, but that is what is meant when people say it.

If you understand that, then you hopefully realize how stupid this discussion is.

I've been a long time vocal member when it comes to homosexuality in the game. This entire time, and I still do believe this, that to put a gay character in for the sake of it is pretty damned unnecessary for a game of this nature, where sexuality isn't a focal point. I agree with [MENTION=8252]Critical-Limit[/MENTION], I really hope NRS weren't "forced" to do this just for the sake of trying to be "progressive" when sexuality is an afterthought in the MK mythos. For example, in Game of Thrones, sexuality is a focal point due to the fact that some characters are Gay and it adds to the overall story. I dont want to post spoilers as to how, but readers of the books and watchers of the show will understand. For MK, sexuality doesn't contribute to the story whatsoever.

However, I must say I'm completely happy with the way they handled it. No stereotypes, no overly blatant actions to reveal his sexuality, and pretty much no shoving it down our throat. The dialogue between Raiden and him completely flew over my head. I just hope the Gay community is satisfied, and I'm really happy for you guys that you're getting represented more and more in any sort of medium.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

You're right that in the true sense of the word "Homophobia" means to be irrationally scared of homosexual people. And that is not the case most of the time, it is more irrational hatred than fear. So yes, in the true sense of the word, it is indeed wrong.

However, instead of arguing that the word is used wrong, you do realize what people mean when someone is being homophobic, right? You do realize that it is the irrational hatred that is referred to, right? They might use the word wrong, but that is what is meant when people say it.

If you understand that, then you hopefully realize how stupid this discussion is.

Yea you're right as well I do understand what they mean when they say it but it just makes it sound worse than what it is you know??

Just because I disagree with different gay people doesn't mean that I hate them.I don't mind hanging around gay people and having a beer with them.They're usually really decent people to be around in my experiences I have had anyway. Just certain other things that they say just bug me and it's not fair to say that I'm a homophobe or that I even have an irrational hate towards them .

It's like when black people use the race card for everything.. "OMG YOURE A WHITE GIRL AND YOU DONT DATE BLACK GUYS?YOURE RACIST"

It's like we have these words to use against people to vilify them for not doing what we want them or feeling a type of way about a topic.

You're a cool dude.You know where I'm coming from and you don't get offended easily that's pretty awesome .

I'm not for any relationships, heterosexual or homosexual, in Mortal Kombat. And I mean in the sense of wanting characters to be together. I know there are people out there who have been wanting Kitana and Liu kang to get together, but I have no interest in that. I'm here for the fighting and the lore of Mortal Kombat. Bare with me incase I'm wrong (considering I haven't played Storymode just saw the Jin/Raiden exchange) I think NRS executed it perfectly within a game like Mortal Kombat. They made no huge deal of him being gay or forcing any gay relationships but chose to make it apart of his backstory without putting too much emphasis on it.

I've interpretated that as mention of his life as thief. Here in Brazil I saw a site saying that was a mention about his sexuality.

When my brother told me the site saída that, I thought "interesting, because I didn't notice this info".

Then he said Kung Jin and I was like " what about Cassie? I thought...".

When he said the dialogue, I really think that it was a misunderstanding. That memory was there exactly to show how he has chosen to not be a thief anymore.

If he was created as a gay character, seriously, why would the shaolin care if buddhists accept gay marriage/union?

If that was the case, I would find interesting, because it would be a smart approach. But I'm sure he meant about his thief life.

Sent from Earthrealm. Please, beware the Thunder God!

I just want to say that I think it's hilarious how a few weeks ago people were arguing that a gay character "doesn't work" in MK. And yet this entire time, we already had a gay character revealed to us. And not only that, but the general response to his inclusion has been rather positive.

When I came across that bit in Story Mode, I couldn't help but smile knowing that every single anti-gay schmuck on this forum was probably like "wait, wut?"

It works. There was never any legitimate reason to think it wouldn't.

Glad MKX is breaking away from the typical straight white male pandering. We have a strong female taking over the lead role, women aren't dressed like strippers any more and we've got a gay character.

Bout freakin time.

The pointless kung Jin discussion

Alright guys by now everybody talked about the bullcrap of him being gay from a conversation which wasn't meant in the way many people think. I don't care what the developers say but the thing we get from the story isn't about his sexual preferences he just meant that it's too late for him because he was a thief and the Wu shi academy would never pick him up now because of his throw away life style. That's the entire meaning and content of that conversation. Where the hell did you twist and turn that into a sexual preference debate? I don't care if he is straight bi or homosexual it just doesn't make any sense what people are talking about. Fine by me interpret whatever you want to but there isn't anything said towards that direction. And the developers saying something doesn't make it legit (remember all of ed boons promises). Anyway just wanted to state that out.
Peace out

Re: The pointless kung Jin discussion

Yes, its a pointless discussion, but you're wrong.

“They care only of what is in your heart, not whom your heart desires.

Plus, the cinematic director confirmed it

https://twitter.com/domcianciolo/status/588050845763301376

Edit: Not sure if this is a troll bait, but whatevs.

Well I went back 10 times or so to that conversation and I still don't see it there. Yeah well maybe I'm wrong but I thought they both referred to his life in that conversation bot his sexual preferences

"Whom your heart desires"

That refers to his sexual preference. That line has no significance otherwise, as we've not seen Kung Jin interested in any existing characters.

"Whom your heart desires"

That refers to his sexual preference. That line has no significance otherwise, as we've not seen Kung Jin interested in any existing characters.

My mother tongue isn't English so can't that be a woman to if you say 'whom'?

Sorry, you're wrong. It's been confirmed that Kung Jin is indeed gay. No point in denying it. ^^

As I said I don't care he can make love with trees or cows really I don't care I just wanted to point out what I got from it but nvm