Krypt Hidden Chests

As someone suffering SEVERELY of arachnophobia, I can't run The Krypt. Knowing that a giant spider can jump up on the screen at any time scares the freaking shit out of me and so makes it impossible for me to unlock a part it. And because of this, I'm actually considering just putting real money into unlocking it all instead.

I don't WANT to. I really don't. I want to unlock and explore and actually PLAY THE GAME! But because of that spider jump scare, I might have to. And it freaking sucks. :/

The Spider Jump only happens in the Spider Kave, in the graveyard it's wolves.

As long as you stay out of the spider cave (And have someone go through that for you), you should have no problem.

Those wolves! I almost had a heart attack. And the worst part is that I had a second wolf attack me 10 seconds after dealing with the first. I had no time to recover :(

I got attacked by the wolves within 5 minutes of unlocking stuff in the krypt.

As for the Spider Kave, there is no way in hell I'm going into that place.

Last edited:
@ Incubus Lord and Bruzzrad, if either of you are playing on PS4 you can most likely get someone from here to unlock the stuff for you by taking control of your game. Otherwise, maybe have a brave couch buddy come over?

Last time I heard about share play, some kid deleted another kid's save data. I'm not touching that nonsense.

Im starting to think that the chests reappear with different content. I just saw a chest pop up in the same place twice. The first time it had a skin and the second time it had an easy fatality. I know that Ed said they could add content to the game at any time. Maybe they will keep adding hidden chests to the krypt.

Im starting to think that the chests reappear with different content. I just saw a chest pop up in the same place twice. The first time it had a skin and the second time it had an easy fatality. I know that Ed said they could add content to the game at any time. Maybe they will keep adding hidden chests to the krypt.
I think what happens is that specific items (i.e. costumes, concept art, music) are in specific chests, but once you unlock those items elsewhere (i.e. you unlock a costume by completing a klassic tower with that character) then they're replaced with generic loot such as gold or easy fatality tokens.

I've definitely read that someone followed a Krypt guide to unlock a particular costume they already had, and so the chest it would normally be in just gave them some gold instead.

You've got to be kidding. It is consumers like you with their need for instant gratification who are killing the gaming industry. Instead of experiencing the fun and the thrill of unlocking cool features and extras as a reward for actually playing the game, you'd rather shell out even more money to obtain the things that are already on the disc. That is utterly ridiculous to me. What happened to the good old days when hard work was rewarded? Oh yeah, people these days are lazy suckers, content to let the publishers nickel and dime them. All you are doing is contributing to the problem until eventually, a complete, finished game will be a thing of the past, and we'll be forced to continuously pay for features that should be included in the initial package. Good job.
Couldn't have said it better myself. You know, I'm old enough to remember when the ONLY way to unlock extra game content was to WORK FOR IT (SNES, Genesis, N64, PS1, and PS2... hell, even all the way back to Atari 2600). Doing it that way has always made it more satisfying to me. And it's bad enough that we are basically forced to pay for extra fighters if we want the full experience. Or wait a year and get the "XL" edition (or whatever).