Wishlist for Mortal Kombat 11/III

100% relation to status as an icon. That's exactly what iconic means -- she's one of the most recognizable characters in the franchise, even to people who aren't MK fans.
So are Sonya and Jax. Both main movie characters for example. Unlike Mileena which had a cameo and much more recognizability than, well, Playboy spread (who even buys that stuff?)

So are Sonya and Jax. Both main movie characters for example. Unlike Mileena which had a cameo and much more recognizability than, well, Playboy spread (who even buys that stuff?)

Jax was a main movie character in the one nobody liked. Sonya is remembered fondly from the first movie, yes.

In pop culture generally speaking though Mileena has been the female face of the MK franchise for about a decade now.

(Playboy has a subscribing readership of 5.6 million, btw)

Jax was a main movie character in the one nobody liked. Sonya is remembered fondly from the first movie, yes.

In pop culture generally speaking though Mileena has been the female face of the MK franchise for about a decade now.

(Playboy has a subscribing readership of 5.6 million, btw)
In pop culture the female face of Mk was divided to all 3 main females. Mileena was more of a selling point to American horney crowd but not more iconic to world based crowd. On my country whoch is more military based, Sonya was much more pronominent than the female ninjas.

Large readership does not make all who appear once, iconic. Is everyone which had a playboy spread iconic?

Also, even the 2nd Mk movie had more sales than 5.6 milion. Andvthat is just tickets, no views on reruns etc.

Last edited:
Mileena got a Playboy spread, man.

Keep in mind that this was roughly 10 years ago, and whether Mileena was more iconic than Sonya 10 years ago does very little to tell us whether she is more iconic than Sonya today. These things change.

I genuinely wonder what the current ranking is, although, of course, it is impossible to measure. The only thing that seems certain is that Scorpion, Sub-Zero, and Raiden should still be the top 3, probably in that order. Nothing's happened to shake them out of the public consciousness - they continue to be a big deal in MKL, they continue to get plastered all over the marketing (Scorpion on both covers), starring roles in the games (Raiden as final/10th chapters), or both (Subz has 2 chapters in MK9 and is all over MKX trailers).

After that, it gets real murky real fast, IMO. Any one of Johnny, Sonya, Liu Kang, Kitana, and Mileena has dibs on #4, although, within that, it's tough to see Sonya above Johnny or Mileena above Kitana. Then - and I'm just guessing here, of course - the third tier is something like Goro, Kung Lao, Jax, Shang Tsung, Shao Kahn.

Last edited:
Re: Story Wishlist for Mortal Kombat 11/III

Mileena is a slut.

Enough said.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

I still want to see Earth Realm, Outworld and the Netherrealm have to work together to take down a new evil threat. While I love Onaga, but I doubt he will return. I think a new original villain is likely for MK11 since we haven't had one in ages.

My...well, not exactly a wish list but the returning characters i think its going to have or at least some of them.

Subzero
Scorpion
Kitana
Mileena
Takeda
Jacqui
Kung Jin
Cassie
Liu Kang
Jade
Shang Tsung
Tanya
Rain
Raiden
Frost
Li Mei
Kotal
Reptile

Keep in mind that this was roughly 10 years ago, and whether Mileena was more iconic than Sonya 10 years ago does very little to tell us whether she is more iconic than Sonya today. These things change.

I genuinely wonder what the current ranking is, although, of course, it is impossible to measure. The only thing that seems certain is that Scorpion, Sub-Zero, and Raiden should still be the top 3, probably in that order. Nothing's happened to shake them out of the public consciousness - they continue to be a big deal in MKL, they continue to get plastered all over the marketing (Scorpion on both covers), starring roles in the games (Raiden as final/10th chapters), or both (Subz has 2 chapters in MK9 and is all over MKX trailers).

After that, it gets real murky real fast, IMO. Any one of Johnny, Sonya, Liu Kang, Kitana, and Mileena has dibs on #4, although, within that, it's tough to see Sonya above Johnny or Mileena above Kitana. Then - and I'm just guessing here, of course - the third tier is something like Goro, Kung Lao, Jax, Shang Tsung, Shao Kahn.

Agreed 100% with you.

It does seem that NRS has deemed Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Raiden as the top 3 for any MK game.
It also does seem that NRS will continue using Kitana, Kung Lao and Liu Kang after MKX, otherwise why even make them playable in MKX?
Johnny and Sonya can retire for a while, and I hope that MKX is their last hurrah for a game or 2.
Let Cassie take over for them for a while, and pass the torch to her.
I'd also like to see that happen for Kung Lao and Kenshi, with Takeda and Kung Jin taking over for a while, but those 2 seem less likely as I doubt that Ed Boon will let go of his 2nd favorite (Kenshi) any time soon and people will riot if Kung Lao isn't in MK11, MK12, MK13, MK14 and so on.
Shang Tsung can come back in the next game, now that Quan Chi is dead, Shao Kahn is dead and Shinnok is just a useless severed head.
As much as I don't care for characters constantly coming back, it would be nice to see Shang Tsung be an evil boss on his own without someone like Shao Kahn being the puppet master, pulling Shang Tsung's strings.

My...well, not exactly a wish list but the returning characters i think its going to have or at least some of them.

Subzero
Scorpion
Kitana
Mileena
Takeda
Jacqui
Kung Jin
Cassie
Liu Kang
Jade
Shang Tsung
Tanya
Rain
Raiden
Frost
Li Mei
Kotal
Reptile

Tanya + Li Mei + Mileena + Jade + Rain = Good roster.

Re: Story Wishlist for Mortal Kombat 11/III

Actually, the only character which there was a "riot" about his omission was Reiko. With the rape threats and all.

I don't care if players riot over kung lao not being in every single game. make the online/tournament players get good with someone else. same goes for mileena.

the mk11 roster should be Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Raiden, Liu Kang, Kitana, and mabey 2 or 3 more mk1-3 characters, a few mk4-mkA characters, most of the new mkx characters, and some new characters. there had better be MORE characters that aren't from mk1-3 than are.

a new boss would be cool to see. please no possessed/demon form of an already existing character.