Thread: Wishlist for Mortal Kombat 11/III

PSN
    Noob-Zer013
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Re: Wishlist for Mortal Kombat 11/III

Noob-Zer013's MK11 Roster: *(story concepts)*

Raiden
    Scorpion (obviously needs a new advisory and purpose. Maybe allies to Kuai on his new quest?)
    Sub-Zero (On a mission to save Bi-Han's soul)
    Liu Kang
    Kitana
    Takeda (*sigh* I'd much rather have Kenshi but its unlikely)
    Kenshi (screw it, I love that blind dude and its my list)
    Cassie
    Jacqui
    Kung Jin
    Kotal Kahn
    D'Vorah (part of Havik's plot?)
    Havik (major antagonist)
    Sareena (Lin Kuei consultant? Journeys with Kaui in an attempt to save Bi Han's soul)
    Tanya
    Kabal (that is a demand)
    Noob Saibot (revolts from Kang and partners with Havik. Kuai's new advisory)
    Drahmin (One of Emperor Kang's goons. I love him so sue me )
    Jarek (make him Kano's son and make him cool obviously)
    Motaro (playable Sub-boss)
    Shao Kahn (playable Sub-boss)

- And the rest should be 4 or 5 brand new characters

- The SF kid squad will be much more matured and more stoic like Liu Kang/Kung Lao in their prime. I think the focus on them being imature made it hard for me to accept them. Other than that, they're still awesome characters with a lot of potential character wise.

- Have Shao Kahn playable sort of like Goro in X. Make him one of Liu Kang's revenants after his soul being seperated from Ermac.

- Also would like to see Shang Tsung incorporated in to the story in some fashion. Very fascinated by what could happen with him.

As a side note: never really dawned on me until just now but its very fitting that Shao Kahn would be trapped within Ermac along with all his victims.
    Last edited by Noob-Zer013; 05-08-2015 at 04:53 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Noob-Zer013 For This Useful Post:

PSN
    Repaereht
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Guyver Spawn View Post
    Mileena and Baraka could work as members of the Army of Darkness in the Neather Realm for Liu Kang, Raiden and Kitana.
    Without Quan Chi to do his hoodoo I'm not sure it works that way anymore.

I imagine Shang Tsung will just
    Spoiler:
    pop Mileena's soul into a new clone body. Her ladder ending suggests this'd be very easy. She might be able to do it herself even without his help.

PSN
    Guyver_Spawn_27
    Steam
    GS27
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

With Raiden, Liu Kang and Kitana working for the Nether Realm then I hope we don't get a rehash of the Netherrealm invasion from Chapter 1 of MKX for the story. I do want to see a original main villain again. The plot for MK11 can have Earth Realm, Nether Realm and Outworld working together to fight a greater evil.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Imperatrix Sindel View Post
    Without Quan Chi to do his hoodoo I'm not sure it works that way anymore.

I imagine Shang Tsung will just
    Spoiler:
    pop Mileena's soul into a new clone body. Her ladder ending suggests this'd be very easy. She might be able to do it herself even without his help.
    Being realistic about Mileena's (99.9_%) chances of making it into MK11, what I'd love to see is NRS use the clones to completely avoid resurrection.

Give Kotal Kahn a legion of Mileena clones, genetically engineered for loyalty as well as ferocity, to serve as the elite commandos leading his army regiments. Have the most competent one rise through the ranks and become his general. And that's the playable Mileena.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to p.W For This Useful Post:

PSN
    Repaereht
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by p.W View Post
    Being realistic about Mileena's (99.9_%) chances of making it into MK11, what I'd love to see is NRS use the clones to completely avoid resurrection.

Give Kotal Kahn a legion of Mileena clones, genetically engineered for loyalty as well as ferocity, to serve as the elite commandos leading his army regiments. Have the most competent one rise through the ranks and become his general. And that's the playable Mileena.
    While I could see that, and the visual is very cool, I'd hate to see Mileena reduced to Baraka-style "best of the mooks", especially after her great character development in X.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

While I could see that, and the visual is very cool, I'd hate to see Mileena reduced to Baraka-style "best of the mooks", especially after her great character development in X.
    A loyal follower of Kotal Kahn's doesn't have to be worthless. I mean, you could say that Johnny Cage, Sonya, and Sub-Zero (post-resurrection) are all Raiden's mooks, but that doesn't prevent them from being interesting characters. The only thing that stands between Baraka or Reptile and being an interesting character is a chapter with their POV.

I agree about Mileena's character development in X, but there are two issues: 1. they killed her, and 2. the Civil War is over. The only way for her great character development to carry over and matter is if they first resurrect her and then reboot the Civil War plot between her and Kotal Kahn all over again, at which point you're basically using bad writing to do more bad writing. :P

PSN
    Repaereht
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

A loyal follower of Kotal Kahn's doesn't have to be worthless. I mean, you could say that Johnny Cage, Sonya, and Sub-Zero (post-resurrection) are all Raiden's mooks, but that doesn't prevent them from being interesting characters. The only thing that stands between Baraka or Reptile and being an interesting character is a chapter with their POV.

I agree about Mileena's character development in X, but there are two issues: 1. they killed her, and 2. the Civil War is over. The only way for her great character development to carry over and matter is if they first resurrect her and then reboot the Civil War plot between her and Kotal Kahn all over again, at which point you're basically using bad writing to do more bad writing. :P
    I more meant that Baraka is literally just one of a million identical Tarkatans. It made him less important. I wouldn't want that for her.

Eh, obviously you'd have to give her another goal besides acquiring the throne, but I think that's doable. I just think a new Mileena without the experiences of X informing her character would be less interesting.

PSN
    Araknyd03
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noob-Zer013 View Post
    Noob-Zer013's MK11 Roster:

Raiden
    Scorpion
    Sub-Zero
    Liu Kang
    Kitana
    Takeda (*sigh* I'd much rather have Kenshi but its unlikely)
    Cassie
    Kung Jin
    Kotal Kahn
    D'Vorah
    Havik
    Sareena
    Tanya
    Kabal (that is a demand)
    Noob Saibot
    Drahmin
    Jarek (make him Kano's son and make him cool obviously)
    Motaro (playable Sub-boss)

- And the rest should be 4 or 5 brand new characters

- Have Shao Kahn playable sort of like Goro in X. Make him one of Liu Kang's revenants after his soul being seperated from Ermac.

- Also would like to see Shang Tsung incorporated in to the story in some fashion. Very fascinated by what could happen with him.
    While I agree with 99.99% of this, I also don't see Boon dropping his 2nd favorite character (Kenshi) any time soon.
    I have a strong feeling that Kenshi will also be in MK11.
    Also, people will whine and complain if Kung Lao isn't in, so I also think that he'll be playable again.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Commander For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

I more meant that Baraka is literally just one of a million identical Tarkatans. It made him less important. I wouldn't want that for her.
    This would only be true if the "real" Mileena has no presence of her own. If she does have presence, unique goals, motivations, and relationships - and, let's say, she has the superpowers that the mook versions don't - then she would be no different from Scorpion leading masses of functionally identical Shirai Ryu.

Eh, obviously you'd have to give her another goal besides acquiring the throne, but I think that's doable. I just think a new Mileena without the experiences of X informing her character would be less interesting.
    I don't disagree. We lose no matter what - either we bog the story down with more resurrectiony nonsense, or we lose out on her development as Queen for a day. If they can find a cool goal for her that takes advantage of her newfound Queenliness without straight-up recycling the MKX plot, then I would begrudgingly prefer that. But if all her MKX experience is worth in MK11 is fancier taunts against enemies when they fight her, then that's not so worthwhile.

PSN
    Repaereht
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

This would only be true if the "real" Mileena has no presence of her own. If she does have presence, unique goals, motivations, and relationships - and, let's say, she has the superpowers that the mook versions don't - then she would be no different from Scorpion leading masses of functionally identical Shirai Ryu.

I don't disagree. We lose no matter what - either we bog the story down with more resurrectiony nonsense, or we lose out on her development as Queen for a day. If they can find a cool goal for her that takes advantage of her newfound Queenliness without straight-up recycling the MKX plot, then I would begrudgingly prefer that. But if all her MKX experience is worth in MK11 is fancier taunts against enemies when they fight her, then that's not so worthwhile.
    If Edenia factors into MK11 I think it'd be fun irony to have her be the twin fighting for its freedom this time. Perhaps against an evil Kitana hoping to annex it for the Netherrealm.

PSN
    Noob-Zer013
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    While I agree with 99.99% of this, I also don't see Boon dropping his 2nd favorite character (Kenshi) any time soon.
    I have a strong feeling that Kenshi will also be in MK11.
    Also, people will whine and complain if Kung Lao isn't in, so I also think that he'll be playable again.

I tweaked the list a bit. Added some ideas for story involvement.

I had this silly fear that Kenshi would pass the torch to Takeda but you're right. I just feel that the roster seems messy with too many family members. Obviously, X can be excluded because that was a focus in the story.

Kenshi has definitley made his way to my top 3 favorites now so I'll be over-joyed when he returns.. Hopefully he'll trim that beard though. Its the only thing off about his default costume in my opinion.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Noob-Zer013 For This Useful Post:

Kombatant Yaniv Shmuel Avizrats's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Story Wishlist for Mortal Kombat 11/III

Well, there is one family member that will never return:
    Bi Han 😄😄😄😄😄

PSN
    Noob-Zer013
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yaniv Shmuel Avizrats View Post
    Well, there is one family member that will never return:
    Bi Han ����������
    Not sure what you're gettin at, homeboy.

PSN
    Guyver_Spawn_27
    Steam
    GS27
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

I think everyone from MKX will be back in MK11 expect for Sonya, Jax, Ferra & Torr, Shinnok and Quan Chi. I do have a feeling that Kenshi, Johnny Cage and Mileena will be back in MK11. They are too popular to be put away and Mileena being dead can have her work with Kinata in the Netherrelam.

Kombatant Yaniv Shmuel Avizrats's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Guyver Spawn View Post
    I think everyone from MKX will be back in MK11 expect for Sonya, Jax, Ferra & Torr, Shinnok and Quan Chi. I do have a feeling that Kenshi, Johnny Cage and Mileena will be back in MK11. They are too popular to be put away and Mileena being dead can have her work with Kinata in the Netherrelam.
    Sonya and Jax are more popular than Mileena. Just look at character usage stats.

PSN
    Guyver_Spawn_27
    Steam
    GS27
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

For MK11, I want more new original characters and not off springs of past characters. I personally would love to see an Egyptian God inspired villain. I know it's been done before in War Gods and, recently, in Dragon Ball Z with Beerus. A Aztec god inspired villain like Kotal Kahn prove to work in the MK universe. So other gods inspire by different mythology and cultures would be nice to see.

Special Forces Agent Tanyas Husband's Avatar
    PSN
    MattyEC
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Another thing I'd love, Endings that are done with story-mode's engine.
    Imagine every ending looking like the MK9 armageddon intro etc. I'd love that more than any MK addition ever.

PSN
    Araknyd03
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noob-Zer013 View Post
    Not sure what you're gettin at, homeboy.
    I'm pretty sure that troll attempt was aimed at me, since he delights in my misery.
    Just ignore him as I will be doing.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Commander For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

i want them to leave both Mileena and Kung Lao out of mk11.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Destroyer_13 For This Useful Post:

PSN
    Repaereht
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yaniv Shmuel Avizrats View Post
    Sonya and Jax are more popular than Mileena. Just look at character usage stats.
    Mileena is a more iconic part of the franchise, though, whether or not more people are using her in-game.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information