Wishlist for Mortal Kombat 11/III

Re: Story Wishlist for Mortal Kombat 11/III

But what's wrong with Forden and Boon replacing Vogel as the story writer, and/or rehiring Tobias, instead of Kittelsen? Only those who know MK the best should be qualified, and who knows MK better than the people who were there on Day One? Give Forden and Boon a fair chance. Next in line after that should be Beran.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

But what's wrong with Forden and Boon replacing Vogel as the story writer, and/or rehiring Tobias, instead of Kittelsen? Only those who know MK the best should be qualified, and who knows MK better than the people who were there on Day One? Give Forden and Boon a fair chance. Next in line after that should be Beran.

That's like saying no one should make a comicbook movie if they haven't already had a career in making said comicbook. Yet alot of comicbook movies are wildly successful, made by people who haven't been part of the actual making of any of the comics.

Your arguement is invalid, Trash. Not that it's anything new...

That's like saying no one should make a comicbook movie if they haven't already had a career in making said comicbook. Yet alot of comicbook movies are wildly successful, made by people who haven't been part of the actual making of any of the comics.

Your arguement is invalid, Trash. Not that it's anything new...
I want those who have dedicated more time to the product to be properly rewarded for their efforts. Kittelsen should have to pay his dues for years and wait his turn in line before he gets his opportunity to be the main story writer.

I want those who have dedicated more time to the product to be properly rewarded for their efforts. Kittelsen should have to pay his dues for years and wait his turn in line before he gets his opportunity to be the main story writer.

No, he shouldn't. He should just be a competent writer, which he's already proven he is.

No, he shouldn't. He should just be a competent writer, which he's already proven he is.
Kittelsen can be Carlos Pesina's waterboy and carry Steve Beran's luggage at the airport to and from E3.

I'd be fine with them rehiring Tobias or Beran, but Vogel seems to be like the old man who no longer has that story writing like he did when he was younger, and needs more help now.
Nothing wrong with asking for a better team of compitent writers to help.
I'm not asking for Vogel to get the boot / Old Yeller treatment, but I do hope that someone else who is a veteran of the NRS team can step up with the story and flesh-out these characters better.
Vogel should still oversee the final product, but if Erron Black, Ferra / Torr and Kotal getting these awkward story plots (or in Ferra / Torr and Erron's case, hardly any story plot) are a direct product of Vogel's writing, then yeah, he sure as hell does need help in that department.

The NetherKast actually talks about this same topic in their recent podcast, how Vogel seems to have lost the spark and other writers should stand in instead. I wonder if any of you have listened to it since this topic came up here as well. If not, I'd recommend to go listen to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EapHE-ZwNKM
Regardless of whether Vogel lost his edge or not, that is still no reason to give a prestigious job of primary story writer to a rookie over dedicated veterans with decades of experience. Carlos Pesina himself was a character at one point (and a main one at that), so I know for a FACT that he is qualified for the job.

Last edited:
Regardless of whether Vogel lost his edge or not, that is still no reason to give a prestigious job of primary story writer to a rookie over dedicated veterans with decades of experience. Carlos Pesina himself was a character at one point (and a main one at that), so I know for a FACT that he is qualified for the job.

Just because he's been mocapping doesn't mean he is a better story writer than Kittelsen. Actually, it has absolutely no relevance to his abilities as a writer, where as Kittelsen who is already a writer and has been writing a story for MK, actually DOES have relevance.

You are such a bad troll, Trash. XD

Just because he's been mocapping doesn't mean he is a better story writer than Kittelsen. Actually, it has absolutely no relevance to his abilities as a writer, where as Kittelsen who is already a writer and has been writing a story for MK, actually DOES have relevance.

You are such a bad troll, Trash. XD
Kittelsen has only contributed mere months to the MK brand. He shouldn't get the story job ahead of people who have contributed 2 whole decades to it. I'd rather they rehire Tobias anyway. The fact that Kittelsen had Bi-Han kill Kana and Jubei Hasashi when it is still canon that Quan Chi did so shows you how knowledgeable Kittelsen REALLY is on story elements written before his arrival (Quan Chi being the true murderer has been canon since the Tobias era, and was fully maintained as canon in the MKX Story Mode).

Kittelsen has only contributed mere months to the MK brand. He shouldn't get the story job ahead of people who have contributed 2 whole decades to it. I'd rather they rehire Tobias anyway. The fact that Kittelsen had Bi-Han kill Kana and Jubei Hasashi when it is still canon that Quan Chi did so shows you how knowledgeable Kittelsen REALLY is on story elements written before his arrival (Quan Chi being the true murderer has been canon since the Tobias era, and was fully maintained as canon in the MKX Story Mode).

Looking at what John Tobias has done since he left MK, then I wouldn't want him back on making MK. And Bi-Han didn't kill Hanzo's wife and child. Those were images planted into his head by Havik. If you actually read the comic, you would understand as much.

If you can truthfully look at MK9's and MKX's story modes and think every point of them are brilliant writing, then that is your opinion. Though I enjoyed both, I would definately not call it brilliant writing. There's a few good moments, but it could been done ALOT better, and after what I've seen in the MKX comics, I'd say Kittelsen is indeed qualified.

But Tobias is a co-inventor of MK. He should have a right to rejoin the MK team any time he wants. His job security at Zynga is in question right now anyway due to recent reports of layoffs there.

But Tobias is a co-inventor of MK. He should have a right to rejoin the MK team any time he wants. His job security at Zynga is in question right now anyway due to recent reports of layoffs there.

That's not how it works though. It's Warner Bros' decision whether or not they want him back, should he apply for it.

That's not how it works though. It's Warner Bros' decision whether or not they want him back, should he apply for it.
Tobias has all the employment references he needs right under WB's roof should he reapply. He wouldn't have any problems.

Tobias has all the employment references he needs right under WB's roof should he reapply. He wouldn't have any problems.

One of the references being he left the MK team behind, which means he is unreliable, a quality which might stop WB from hiring him. They already have people under their roof who are capable writers, so they would most likely rather use them as they are already on their payroll. It's just good business.

One of the references being he left the MK team behind, which means he is unreliable, a quality which might stop WB from hiring him. They already have people under their roof who are capable writers, so they would most likely rather use them as they are already on their payroll. It's just good business.

Son, your soft ass has just been trolled.

Kidding. You're not soft. Not in bed at least

And why did Kittelsen have Ermac on Mileena's side when he CLEARLY aided in overthrowing her in the first place? A good writer would already be aware of what's established as canon and go from there in a fashion that keeps continuity intact, and Kittelsen obviously has issues with that. The game supercedes the comic, because the game is the source material off of what the comic is based on.

And why did Kittelsen have Ermac on Mileena's side when he CLEARLY aided in overthrowing her in the first place? A good writer would already be aware of what's established as canon and go from there in a fashion that keeps continuity intact, and Kittelsen obviously has issues with that. The game supercedes the comic, because the game is the source material off of what the comic is based on.

Uh, you do know that Ermac, Kotal Kahn, Reptile and D'Vorah were all on Mileena's side until Kotal decided to mutiny against Mileena, right?
Story mode explained that.
The comics also take place BEFORE the MKX game, and thus Ermac could have been double-crossing her.
Did you ever think of that?