Official Sonya Blade Gameplay Discussion

Vassil01

mortal_kombat_x__ios____sonya_blade__render_3__by_wyruzzah-d8p5ysb.png

Hello!

Nobody seems to care about Sonya's gameplay, so I decided to make a thread about it.

Variations:

Covert Ops - This style is all about countering and grabs. Sonya uses her wires to counter attacks. There are a few different counter-grabs that will change the opponent's stance at the end so that Sonya can combo. Sonya also has an air throw.

Sonya can also enter her military stance to do even more and different attacks.

Demolition variation is all about grenades. You start with three and you have two different kinds. There's a stun and frag grenade. When you run out of grenades, you call the drone to replenish your grenades. You can detonate them early if an enemy is too close. And if you EX the drone special, you can have the drone throw grenades to help you.

Special Forces is Sonya's final variation. In this variation, sonya can call in the drone which just hovers there so you can use to attack. It's timed so it won't stay there forever and it can be put away. The drone can fire laser shots, homing missiles and you can have the drone rush the enemy and explode either high or medium.

I plan on maining Sonya along with Kitana and Mileena. But I'm not really sure, I need to look more into the characters before I decide on who to main.

I just finished the tower with Sonya. I played her a real lot in mk9 but I don't think I'm going to use her much at all in this one. I really just didn't enjoy the feel of her moves. It seemed to me, her lead front punch has so little reach, you have to be stomach to stomach for it to connect.

Though I will say her ending is awesome!

Okay I have all her finishers done, now on accident I did a brutalitiy with a xray and popped their head off. I don't know what I did but it's not 1 of the 5 from what I can tell. Anyone have any info on this.

I don't main her yet, but I do think I should put my input on her Drone variation.
Does anyone else feel like the Drone variation makes things a bit .. eh .. crowded?
It feels uncomfortable to me. But Covert ops is a seriously good variation.
Back to the first sentence, Co. Ops is seriously tempting me to main her. I haven't tried her too much yet though. I don't have the game for myself so I only play a small handful of characters when I can.
Co. Ops feels comfortable and versatile and even brings back a hint of MK9.
When/If I main her, I'll be maining solely Covert Ops. Badass.

I don't main her yet, but I do think I should put my input on her Drone variation.
Does anyone else feel like the Drone variation makes things a bit .. eh .. crowded?
It feels uncomfortable to me. But Covert ops is a seriously good variation.
Back to the first sentence, Co. Ops is seriously tempting me to main her. I haven't tried her too much yet though. I don't have the game for myself so I only play a small handful of characters when I can.
Co. Ops feels comfortable and versatile and even brings back a hint of MK9.
When/If I main her, I'll be maining solely Covert Ops. Badass.

I can see Special Forces being useful at jailing opponents for mix ups but without Military Stance, I don't see it resulting in significant damage. I don't know how I feel about Demolition yet. I do intend to learn all of them but right now I want to focus on Covert Ops.

I can see Special Forces being useful at jailing opponents for mix ups but without Military Stance, I don't see it resulting in significant damage. I don't know how I feel about Demolition yet. I do intend to learn all of them but right now I want to focus on Covert Ops.

Good idea. Covert Ops is not only very handy, but it's also very smooth feeling compared to Demo and SF.

Sonya Covert Ops is now my main alongside Kung Lao Buzzsaw

Do you have any lab notes to share?

I posted this in the gameplay thread but I might as well share it with this side of the forum....

Preferred starters...
B14
B33
F4
Dive kick

First off, let me warn you that Sonya doesn't have damaging combos. She barely breaks the 30% barrier. She's all about constant pressure and mix ups.

11, B33,B14,F4 can be cancelled into MS4. From there you can either do 11 leg grab or 21+21U4. F4 needs to cancelled after the first kick.

F2 has insane range so use it as a footsie tool. It can also be cancelled into leg grab. I can't find any other use for it.

Your JIP should be followed up with either B33(low) or B14(overhead/low) because it's tricky to block.

I still have yet to explore the wonderful world of military stance mix ups. Her MS throw is unblockable. If the opponent blocks your initial string, you could cancel into MS throw. Good way to keep them guessing.

Today I dabbled with her Demolition variation. Very Cyraxy, tons of reset potential. Though I can't seem to do any good combo in her SF variation.