Mortal Kombat X Official Gameplay Discussion Thread

I'm a real amateur when it comes to knowing what B332 & all of the others mean. Can I please get a guide to knowing these.

They're universal notations. Used so people can understand commands across all platforms (PS4,XB1,PC etc.)

1 = X/Square
2 = Y/Triangle
3 = A/X
4 = B/Circle

b = back
f = forward
d = down
u = up

njp = neutral jump punch, where you jump straight up and press the punch button

EX or MB = Enhanced special

Many people also use double x's to signify a "cancel". So if you wanted to play as Scorpion and do 2 hits into a spear, it would read

1,1xxSpear

Anyone know any of Reptile's combo starters/combos in general?

I dunno, I like MK's gameplay (Less efficient combos means less time just waiting to be able to do something while you're getting juggled....), but the PC launch is kinda killing this game for me. Everyone I know who got the game on PC is STILL having frame issues.

They're universal notations. Used so people can understand commands across all platforms (PS4,XB1,PC etc.)

1 = X/Square
2 = Y/Triangle
3 = A/X
4 = B/Circle

b = back
f = forward
d = down
u = up

njp = neutral jump punch, where you jump straight up and press the punch button

EX or MB = Enhanced special

Many people also use double x's to signify a "cancel". So if you wanted to play as Scorpion and do 2 hits into a spear, it would read

1,1xxSpear

Greatly appreciated!! Now I can make some more progress.

Online is filled with weak noobs, its so bad. I'm having a hard time finding a worthy opponent that knows their shit.

Also Takeda is fun as balls in his Lasher variation.

If you need help with your characters don't hesitate to ask. Lot of diversity in who people main here.

Got it. Right now my main is Liu Kang. I've seen some crazy transitions on YouTube even a 113 to four or five fireballs immediately following after. I can't imagine how quick you have to be on the sticks for that haha. Cassie Cage will be a fighter I try to learn as well.

My friend just put up a video of himself doing a 50% Kombo with D'Vorah.
Not sure how it was so easy at all. 4 kicks and an X-ray and you take out half a lifebar. Am I missing something here?

My friend just put up a video of himself doing a 50% Kombo with D'Vorah.
Not sure how it was so easy at all. 4 kicks and an X-ray and you take out half a lifebar. Am I missing something here?

It's not as easy as it looks, but it's still fairly simple. You can repeat the kick combo string a third time by run cancelling, although it is very difficult.

I main Quan Chi, thing is I don't think he's my type of character. Sometimes I get into a shell and just keep blocking. I feel a defensive character would fit my play style better. Does anyone have ideas? Thanks

I main Quan Chi, thing is I don't think he's my type of character. Sometimes I get into a shell and just keep blocking. I feel a defensive character would fit my play style better. Does anyone have ideas? Thanks

You could try Sub-Zero maybe.

I can't seem to pull of X-Rays consistently. And I don't even mean in combos, I just mean in general. Can't figure out what the issue is, but sometimes they just straight up don't seem to activate even though I press LT and RT together, weird.

I get this! The meter is flashing saying I have an Xray yet I press both triggers and it does nothing a few times then will randomly kick in!?

I get this! The meter is flashing saying I have an Xray yet I press both triggers and it does nothing a few times then will randomly kick in!?
It does that to me but only when I tap it very quickly. It usually works when I hold the triggers about half a second longer.

I wanted to create a thread on this but presume because I am a new member I have to post a few times before I'm allowed to.

I've played a small handful of games online and in every one of them the lag makes it almost unplayable. I've checked everything at my end and all appears fine; do others suffer from this problem?

Special moves not working due to the delay, and just as frustrating whenever I try aerial attacks the attack doesn't register until I've landed, meaning it pointless and leaving me open for an ass-whooping.

Online is filled with weak noobs, its so bad. I'm having a hard time finding a worthy opponent that knows their shit.

Also Takeda is fun as balls in his Lasher variation.

The weak noobz are the only ones I can win against lol. It seems Im either put up against them or people who obliderate me. I cant find anyone near my level. I really need to up my Mileena game

The weak noobz are the only ones I can win against lol. It seems Im either put up against them or people who obliderate me. I cant find anyone near my level. I really need to up my Mileena game

Well me and [MENTION=10998]iViTal[/MENTION] are the only Mileena mains that I know of, feel free to ask us about anything.