Mortal Kombat X Official Gameplay Discussion Thread

Need to play it like Injustice. I have zero experience with MKX, but I imagine that you can get a single dash between each shot. If not, walk speed has been drastically increased.

Thanks for the advice, man...but I'm not sure how to play it like Injustice, since I only played Injustice for about 20 minutes. What's a "single dash"?

Thanks for the advice, man...but I'm not sure how to play it like Injustice, since I only played Injustice for about 20 minutes. What's a "single dash"?

I need to put some work on the the "run block cancels". Right now, If I start running, I don't stop. Need to work on my timing/fingerwork, and figure how how it's supposed to look.

I need to put some work on the the "run block cancels". Right now, If I start running, I don't stop. Need to work on my timing/fingerwork, and figure how how it's supposed to look.

Since you're playing online, could you tell us if its laggy?

After you block the projectile, you dash once to gain distance and block again depending on how far you are from the opponent.

If you know he's going to shoot again, jump forward or use an armor move to get to him. <- That part is theoretically, meaning that's what I would do.

Since you're playing online, could you tell us if its laggy?

I think it plays well...I've played about 30 matches, and only had 1 or 2 with noticeable lag. Of course, I'm not as sensitive to the lag as some of the serious, hard-core, 15-hit combo masters. If I'm dropping combos due to lag, I honestly wouldn't even notice. But just as a more casually-skilled player, the lag/netcode didn't seem to be a problem.

I can't seem to pull of X-Rays consistently. And I don't even mean in combos, I just mean in general. Can't figure out what the issue is, but sometimes they just straight up don't seem to activate even though I press LT and RT together, weird.

Anybody here use Lackey Torr? I'm wondering what you guys use for midscreen combos.

This is what I currently use, but I'm hoping to squeeze out a bit more.

It nearly perfect. The only thing i cant stand is that it isnt back to block, which just feels counter i.tuitive, being the last fighter in the world doing it like this.

It nearly perfect. The only thing i cant stand is that it isnt back to block, which just feels counter i.tuitive, being the last fighter in the world doing it like this.
Is this the first MK game you've ever played?

And by the way, Soul Calibur still uses a block button, and I believe Virtua Fighter does too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

I'm finding it difficult to juggle combo. Playing as Sub-Zero and not seeing a huge deal of combo potential with him.

I'm finding it difficult to juggle combo. Playing as Sub-Zero and not seeing a huge deal of combo potential with him.

Gotta learn how to run cancel. It feels weird at first, but once you understand it training mode becomes your new home.

I noticed you don't need to hold forward or block to keep running, you can just input it and release all buttons until you want to cancel it, so you press an attack or the block button. That's theoretically, though, as I also haven't gotten used to it.

I have a feeling that people who kept saying Ferra/Torr would be the lowest tier are going to be eating their words soon. I have faced some absolutely brutal and scary Ferra Torr's online

Ferra/Torr also kicks my butt the most when I play on "hard".

I will say Jax is freaking brutal in this game. And I'm loving Sonya and Cassie far more than I thought.

My biggest disappointments are Erron Black and Takeda. Neither play as good as I'd hoped, which makes what Sonic Fox did with Erron all the scarier. Kung Jin has been my biggest surprise, followed by Jax and Sonya. Still trying to figure my main, and I'm still kind of think Jacqui is going to be one (she has a steep learning curve) even though I've been doing well online with Kung Jin's bojitsu.

For some reason i just cant figure all of this out. Im still whooping ass online but i can only really find one way to pop someone into the air per character and follow up. The pop ups move them too far away and you cant dash on to continue the combo, running in takes too long starting up, and walking forward is too slow. How do you bridge that gap?

Hi,

The more I play MKX the more I like it! All those memories from childhood (a childhood surrounded with MK fatalities is the best childhood!)! Too bad the game had such a flawed release on Steam and it has to work hard to get out of the mediocre rating.

Anyway, I'd love if you could help me with finding answers for the following questions:

1. I'd like to train Brutality instead of Fatality in the Fatality Training - is it possible (so far, I've been unsuccessful in triggering the animation despite the fact the combo is unlocked)?
2. What pads would you suggest I should use in MKX for PC?

Thanks!